Ken Loach

Guys, I need to write a 4 page long paper about Ken Loach. I've seen Kes(1969), Wind that Shakes the Barley and I, Daniel Blake, I plan to watch Land and Freedom and some other stuff too but,,,,,
is there any marginal ideas or whatever you have about him that I might sprinkle in my paper, or any sources you might reccomend?
Appreciated.

Other urls found in this thread:

jstor.org/stable/25660585?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents
jstor.org/stable/1225495?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

uhm...right yeah actually looking for something to write on my paper on Sup Forums might not be the best idea, think of it like...
HEY GUYS WHAT DO U THINK ABT KEN LOACH THE COMMUNIST

Hasn't directed a single Marvel or DC movie, he's nothing.

ok...

I've only seen the stuff you've seen, but here's some ideas

>comparison between 400 Blows and Kes
there are pretty obvious parallels. The main kid in Kes even steals milk like Antoine Doinel.
>combination of realistic political/social discourse and typical dramatic plot
this is something i noticed in both his palme d'or winners. He constantly switches from scenes that have people arguing over something, where the viewer is drawn into the actual syntax of the arguments - normally in movies, there are emotional undercurrents that the viewer is more focused on, for which the actual subject of the dialogue is only a façade. It's unusual to focus on the dialogue this way - it's more like a news show or documentary.
Then all of a sudden he'll switch to emotional scenes typical in a drama - the torture scenes in WTSTB, the soup kitchen scene in IDB, etc.

I can't believe I'm actually helping you write a paper here, that's how starved I am of actual movie discussion on this board.

looks like a numale
no wonder you cucks like this guy

It' school right? Just pick 2-3 papers from jstor and appear super smart.
This seems good: jstor.org/stable/25660585?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents
Or his idea + jstor.org/stable/1225495?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents

I totally agree upon the parallels of 400 blows and Kes and definetely wlll mention but can't meddle much in to Truffaut since my teacher is a 80 y/o asshole.
And about the drama/documentary combination, it seems like its the main and most obvious aspect of Ken Loach. Like he even goes far away w huge lenses for actors to not feel like they acting but like in the real thing, a lot of manipulation he does thru shooting. Like in WTSTB, Ken made Cillian Murphy friends w that boy he executes in the film before letting out the script, so much that Cillian actually feels like killing a friend.
10/10 directing man. But I was wondering if you'd have anything unnoticed(not obv lmao:)

dude thank, I'll copy some ideas of it but its uni...like, turnitin and all that shit

That sounds like a good thesis, just throw in a couple close scene analyses and you're set. idk what you mean by "unnoticed" - like trivia or something? If something goes by unnoticed or unfelt in a film, that something probably isn't being used well.

you can write on how Wind that Shakes the Barley is the weakest film ever to win the golden palm and the absolute shit state the british cinema is atm.

lol go jerk off to spider-man homecoming trailers

nice meme retard
no wonder you liked that piece of shit movie

yeah i'll try my best w the close scene analyses but gonna need to focus more on the general picture of his directing bc my teachers an asshole. and what i mean by unnoticed/not obv is like more personal/marginal views upon his movies and directing, bc at least few other ppl are gonna do Ken Loach and i dont wanna repeat what they'll say too.

>meme
>retard
>piece of shit movie

Depends on the type of paper you're writing, but from what I know loach is deeply rooted in the whole working class v Establishment thing (I admit I've only ever watched the spirit of 45 but my girlfriend is a northerner so I know a bit about the story in Kes and Daniel Blake.

My main work is in history so I can recommend works like AJP Taylor and Eric Hobsbawm which have very similar sort of ideas to the ones in Loach's films but I don't know if that is what you're looking for.

not really what i'm looking for but i appreciate it man, i am going to mention his ideas of working class and his reappearing themes of politics thru his filmography. thank you, still

>asking Sup Forums to do your homework

lol

No idea about film studies or whatever it is but as a historian I always wanted to know what Loaches involvement in Euro-Communism was, how he dealt with the end of Soviet Communism and whether any of this directly ideological stuff is in his movies.
I am not an expert tho and have only 5 or so Loach movies.

thats a really good idea, but as far as i know, he's a trockist, tho undoubtedly that had an effect on him. thank you very much!

yeah well...........things happen... should i ask Sup Forums abt it since ken loach is more of a Sup Forums person than Sup Forums

upping my own post bc i need ideas like this

i came up w its title before anything:
Ken Loach: Survival and Death in Childhood, Adulthood and Old Age
and i plan to focus on his political and aesthetical evolution thru individual plots concerning upon childhood loneliness and death in kes, communist resistance in land and freedom and elderly solidarity of daniel blake...