Greek should've been the lingua franca of Europe. Equidistant to all the language groups...

Greek should've been the lingua franca of Europe. Equidistant to all the language groups, and has a strong link to western civilization's founding.
Now that the UK is leaving the EU, this may be the paradigm shift needed to get Greek spoken across Europe.

I'm glad that faggotass sounding language didn't become relevant

I wish Spanish would also become an irrelevant language. It's "monkey screeching" literally.

Modern Greek is as different from Ancient Greek as Italian is from Latin.

German and French should be the the lingua franca

But it's the most similar alive today.
can't have two, German is going to be more important tho when all the banks and EU companies move from London to Frankfurt.
Also, no. Greek must be it. It's not fair to slavs or romance languages that the Germanics get to learn the lingua franca GGEZ

>The eternal butthurt turk

Your language just sounds wrong.

Holy shit I just realized Turkish also isn't in the Indo European family.

>erzugurum cokogoler kukkukumum acakaca kukusumusu millitiminipindir guguguler ermuzumum
>pleasant
fuck off kara boga

germanics pay for latins and slavs pasta and vodka, it's only fair german becomes the language of the european union.

No it's not.

yes
here's our family

Yeah it's more like Shakespearean English and modern English. Perhaps slightly more different but nowhere near as different Latin and Italian.

That's my point though. Speaking English is definitely one of the factors that make you richer than them. It's just a chicken or the egg problem, if the lingua hadn't been English, and had instead been a non-Germanic latin language like Spanish, perhaps Spain and the latin countries would be the economic powerhouses of Europe.
I mean look at the map, there's a pretty high correlation between economic success in europe and speaking English.

the kurd will destroy and enslave the turkish creature

Why is there a blank space in the middle of anatolia? Do people speak armenian there or something?

This map may interest you

lol no amerimutt. we speak english because we're rich, not the other way.

Why does Dutch have a connection with Greek on that map while German doesn't? It shares also a lexical distance with Greek.

kurds m8.

Nobody lives there it's just dirt.

They're Nogai Tatars that speak Kipchak language.

A lot of them migrated to Turkey after Russian invasion

That's the reason most banks will probably move to Frankfurt from London after brexit. Not to Paris or Madrid

the reason spanish isnt the lingua franca is because spain is shit and england/english colonies arent. it wasnt random luck that made english the lingua franca

Take that back, I'm 100% nonwhite.
Oh and that's my point, it's just a question of whether the chicken or the egg came first.
interesting, thanks. Also Blue master race.

Spanish is a beautiful language you fucking cockroach.

>he thinks english won't eventually replace every language on earth

I know, it was because of the one two punch of Pax Britanica and Pax Americana, but I'm just saying what if.

Ireland is purple. Why.

AJKAJKAJKJAKJAKJAKJAKAJAJkajakjakjjakkajkaja JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJJA

nice language indeed

I wish i could replace Spanish with a cool language, like Nigerian.

Nigerian is no language, bertard

Whatever Bantu language they speak in Africa then

this. I challenge anyone to give me ONE (1) valid argument for not dismantling every non-English language that doesn't rely upon "muh heritage".

They speak not even one. The most dominant through is Yoruba which however is only spoken in their home area. It is not even a cool language, as evidenced by the fact that younger Nigerians speak pidgins instead of their tribe language, especially in smaller tribes.

i said in africa

пичкa ти лeлинa, гpoзник

Well, give me one reason to not replace English with German as world language, since German is in each class overlying English

everyone already speaks english, checkmate non-anglo filth

Well, then they just need to expand their vocabulary since German is just English but with more ways to express yourself and with bigger vocabulary.

The entire world is already too invested in learning English. Even if German was the best language in the world it'd be impractical to just stop English cold turkey now, especially because German has literally only a fraction of the speakers that English has.
That's not very specific, better how? Is this just "muh noun cases", like ok, you can move your nouns around a bit, doesn't mean we should tell the entire world all the english they learned was useless because we're switching to German.
We would be able to understand and converse fully if we all spoke English.

imagine being from a country that hasn't won at least two world wars

Yeah, so they say, apparently all the Germans in that area speak english. Plus Frankfurt's got a really aggressive tax plan.

Im Morgen stehe Ich auf und habe Ich ficki-ficki mit meiner Anglo-Frau.

*doesn't understand this post*
*ignores it*
*life literally not affected in any way*
nothing personnel

>better how
„ja“ (not in the sense of yes), „man“, „ne“, „kein“, „ach“, „bloß“ all expressions regularly used in German barely translatable. „man“ is such an important word used in almost every sentence when you talk about something, but in English you can only say "you" which directs to the speaker instead of nobody.
Just translating German particles is hard enough
„Wir haben einen neuen Papst“ "We have a new pope"
„Komm mir nüchtern nach hause“ "To me, come home today sober,

because English has retarded grammar that it doesn't follow anyway

The USA is the reason English is so widespread.

The old EU empires have to be seen as equals with flactuations.
The New World was the game changer.
The UK superiority meme has to stop, and I acrually love the UK.

Το οτι εισαι χαζος kαι μαλαkας σου kανει, kαραγkιοζη;

you are wrong

No, ALBANIAN (PBUH) with its natural connection to SLOVENIAN (Alhamdulillah) is the right answer for a true BULLOGLU

>In English you say "of the X", in German you say just „des Xes“; "to the X", „dem Xe“.

Or you say 's if happen not to be Polandball. It's called the Saxon genetive after all, you know.

>greek becomes lingua graeca of Europe
>eventually the trend becomes global
>the barbarians fail miserably to correctly pronounce the words even thought the language has a built-in pronunciation guide.
>they completely butcher the usage of tenses and persons
>the structure of their sentences is completely off most of the time
>you have no fucking clue what they are mubling about in your language, but they do because they speak fluent greekrish
>mfw all of Sup Forums turns into the japanese

No one apart from Gayreeks and Albanian fifth colum is going to speak your gayass language the TÜRK bull made your language irrelevant alhamdulillah

1071 is the year when we cut off your balls
you cannot grow balls gayreek boii

but ALBANIANS are honorary TEERKS and SLOVENIANS are blood brother to both, mashallah.

i said fifth column

Keeeek when el cids poem was going on in 1100ad you were greeks lmfao

Because there's no reason to?

>moop de dood
what did amerimutt mean by this?

That's an outdated and deprecated version of the lexical distance of european languages... Delete this picture please and use this one if you intend to post it again.

>It's an another Amerimutt telling people that they're actually not y but x despite the overwhelming episode
it's almost like mutts are asking to be raped.

>it's an episode post in 2k17

>The UK superiority meme has to stop
What meme?

English is a great lingua franca as it's grammar is so simple. Everybody can learn it easily. If I were to speak Finnish with English grammar I would sound like a caveman.

Englanti on yksi suuri kieli frankki kuin sen kielioppi on niin yksinkertainen. Jokakeho voida oppia se helposti. Jos minä olit kohti puhua suomi kanssa englanti kielioppi minä kuulostaisi kuten yksi luolamies. :DDD

english is fine for real

I'm organism at the thought of Greek script and Greek language being the lingua franca.

I'm learning Attic Greek, polytonic pitch accent and all. Will the Greeks hate me or will they accept me?

fuck off

so this. our kino sux. nothing worse than the same voice actor doing both male and female lines. who is saying what? so confusing. beter to watch in original, so long as its english

Shit map, why are we Finno-Ugrics even on it? We're not indo-europeans.

>POR that size
>It is literally just because of us
Lmao

Loanwords.

you are greek

Or the correlation may be between the latin vs. germanic cultures (way before we begin to talk about language) : latins are more into enjoying life while germanic are more into making something of their lives.

>the quirks of my language are better than the quirks of your language
That's like saying we should switch to Spanish because they have "pues" or we should switch to Polish to have 3 t-v distinctions instead of German's two.

Russian is the biggest language in the Europe.

you are a greek rapebaby

>low iq gayreek thinks J2 related to its inbred kind
your haplogroup is "E" aka nog one not J2
if i ever see you posting that dumbass pic again i'll charge against your mother like a seljuk horseman.

>greek rapebaby talking shit
amusing

We should speak some conlang, like Esperanto but not Esperanto (because it's Portuguese/Spanish with some German and Slavic words). If we speak English, British will always feel proud of it and some other people will hate it, the same with any other language

>like a seljuk horseman.
just like seljuk horsemen charged against your ancestors, rapebaby