imdb.com/title/tt0089153/
youtube.com/watch?v=GLg_wp0IXoI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Big Bang Theory

The first 3/4 of the golden age - Game of Thrones
Everything else - Nothing

This.

>vlcsnap

Why is everybody talking about Berserk lately? I'm seeing it every where now.

romance of three kingdoms

there is not really much,but you could see inuyasha.
its also about demons and medieval times

>What are some tv shows like Berserk?
not a TV show, but...
imdb.com/title/tt0089153/

shills.

Nothing

this
honestly I think Berserk was conciously inspired but this movie, right?
the medieval setting
the band of mercenaries
the handsome blond duke

>tfw want to experience Berserk but don't know how, old anime, new anime, manga or game

Just the manga.

It's the hymen breaker manga/anime obsession for new friends

*garage rocks starts playing*

New chapter of the manga got released a few days ago after a 6 month haitus

yes it was same with Ladyhawk

there's a shitty cgi series resuming in a couple of weeks and there's been more chapters out the past year than past decade. Also a game on its way.

there are many similarities, definitely

What does a Behelit actually DO ?

Just the manga, its easily one of the best I have ever read.
The 1997 anime is decent but dated and covers about a fifth of the overall story.

The 2016 anime is an absolute trainwreck that you should avoid at all costs

Berserk is good but the blooper reel is better

Anything.

Berserk has alot of inspiration for western fantasy, thats why its so popular here

basically tears a hole in reality in the hopes that the bearer can get what they want since whatever comes out should be shaped by their desires.

Its like Aladdins lamp except you only get one wish and you have to sacrifice a loved one in exchange

it makes you feel feels
youtube.com/watch?v=GLg_wp0IXoI

always the original

why was Griffith invisible when he was wearing it before the Eclipse then?

>why was Griffith invisible when he was wearing it before the Eclipse then?

What?

What did they mean by this???

>shitty cgi

That's putting it mildly. It looks bad but at least its true to the source.

It summons the God Hand so you can make your wish to them. The behelit is like a cursed monkey's paw.

The only way it ends is Guts using the Behelit to become a monster to kill Griffith

fuck I meant to say "invincible"
there are tons of times in the anime where he is shot by poisoned arrows etc, but he just shrugs it off, and they implies it's because he has the Behelit

Fake reason: Rule of Causality. He can't be harmed and/or killed because he's destined to be the ruler of all mankind.

Real reason: Lazy writing and Miura being a hack.

Pippin gets all the white women.

FEEL NO SHAME ABOUT SHAPE

How many tv shows have being raped by a large black man in the main character's formative years as backstory?

do these lyrics even have a meaning?

new chapter

In the manga when he gets hit by the poisoned arrow it hits the behelit so it doesn't hit him. Haven't watched the Animoo so I don't know if it's the same there.

Was he gay for Guts?
Was Guts gay for him?

If it ends in any other way than Guts basically saying "I don't care about you" and dropping his sword at Griffith's feet and refusing to fight him I'll feel totally robbed. If it ends with him killing Griffith it would be like Miura didn't read his own manga.

Yes.
No, Guts loves Casca.

DO DO DO DO, DO DO
FEE NO SHAME NO SHAME

Causality/fate its meant to represent a feeling that there is no control and that everything is predestined

Anime 2nd season in April

>White guy is evil
>Black swordman is violent and good
what did they mean

Nice bait bu the reverse of these reasons is actually correct

But Guts is white

Berserk truly is a kino made for our times

Guts or Casca can't use behelits because they are sacrifices already.

Griffth downfall will be his own destruction probably.

Yeah, keep telling yourself that. Berserk is by far the worst written piece of fantasy I've ever experienced. So much plot armor, lazy writing, asspulls, and bullshit reasons for everything it's unbelievable.

why are you in my thread

Why does Guts wants to kill Griffith at this point?
Isn't the good at ruling his kingdom?

Thats the point numbnuts, the manga makes you constantly question if Guts is the good or bad guy in this story and alot of that is due to imagery

>A game is on its way

Oh fuck, that means we're going to be plagued by Sup Forumsermin newfags over at Sup Forums when it comes out.

Because he cucked the shit out of him and killed his friendos

The game was out months ago.

Because I can.

>Look mom im trolling again, wait until they read the next one!

Guts doesn't want to kill Griffith, do you read the manga? The blacksmith convinced him to drop the revenge-seeking shit and now he lives to protect Casca / his new friends.

>I have a shit taste so I'm gonna tell him he's trolling to feel better about myself.

Step up your game, kiddo.

I think it's fairly obvious he'll have to or at least crush Falconia and undo all the shit, but it'll be Guts damning everyone because he can't forget the past.

Is Guts a Mary Sue?

It's gratuitous violence/sex/shock value.

Same reason Game of Thrones got popular.

yes
>get shot by 10s of arrows
>just sleep it off

Gary stue

he kills 100 guys with a broken arm or something
yes

What are Sup Forums's thoughts on Femto?

>he

Claymore without the ending

This just purely my headcanon / theory for Berserk but I view the Eclipse / rape as just like a real life rape.

If you loved someone like Guts loves Casca and someone raped her in front of you of course your instinct would be to murder his ass, and I don't think this overarching theme is "you shouldn't take revenge on someone who wrongs you or your loved ones" but more like "it happened, you have to accept that it happened, what are you going to do about it?" If you tried enact retribution on your own, outside the bounds of the law, you'd end up in prison or dead yourself, and then your Casca would end up alone and only in more danger (just like what happens when Guts sets off immediately post-Eclipse to try to find and kill Griffith, but then returns to the Blacksmith to find Casca missing and that's when he decides to forget about Griffith and just live with Casca and keep her safe).

In my mind, Griffith is untouchable sorta like how a real life rapist would become untouchable to you after the police got to him. He can't be killed, nor will Guts want to kill him.

Just because it's a fantasy anime with big swords, doesn't automatically make it similar to Berserk.

>literally ends with Guts getting cucked to death

>Was he gay for Guts?
He gave his ass willingly to some pedo lord, so it wouldn't be surprising.
>Was Guts gay for him?
He wanted to be acknowledged as a friend, not knowing Griffith was completely homolusting after him.