Wildcards Edition
Previous

carice makes me wet my pants

>tfw varys will never win the game of thrones

What's next for zombiefu?

Dany pretty

dany a shit

>CIA will never win GOT

Look at the picture I posted. If you don't think Dany pretty you just might be, dare I say it, a homosexual

Very pretty

She's an average looking girl but she has the prettiest smile in the game. I bet she's a real hottie to fat bottom lovers but that's not my thing.

Threadly reminder that Jon Snow is now a deserter of the Night's Watch, and all men of honor are obliged to apprehend him and administer the King's justice.

Not even the biggest of starkfags and jonniggers can dispute this coherently.

>She didn't "happen to be immune" she made herself immune in a magical ritual that she made up.

Ok
If Hotpie made the same thing and made himself immune would you say it's fine?

hopefully cuddles. lots of cuddles.

>If Hotpie made the same thing and made himself immune would you say it's fine?
yes, because that's how magic works in asoiaf, like the quotes I posted say

more like Emilia THICCCC
amirite?

Did you miss the episode where Jon takes his vows that specifically say his watch ends upon his death and then did you also miss those episodes where Jon was dead?

She's very plain without makeup and has a doughy, pudgy body. I'd fuck her, but I see prettier girls every single day.

he looks alive to me

There's like six people in the Night's Watch at this point and everybody in the other regions is too busy with their own shit to care.

Is he dead? No? Oh yeah, looks like he has abandoned his post as Lord Commander.. you could almost say that he deserted the Night's Watch. What is the penalty for deserting the Night's Watch?

So you did miss those episodes then. Go back and watch again and you will understand.

Also, if you'd like to argue that he somehow magically is absolved of his Night's Watch vows because he "died" supposedly, then that makes his executions of Thorne, Olly, etc. MURDER. So he should be executed for that, unless being Jon "The Faggot" Snow means you're allowed to murder members of the Night's Watch

Google NW vows.

Wish Maisie was THICC

google methods of suicide.

So that's gonna be his defense during his trial? "lolz i died guiz i'm just a corpse fug don't kill me XD"

It's not magic nigga it's right there stated plain and simple in the NW vows. He's former LC and KITN and they were mutinous conspirators there isn't a person in the north who would convict him of any crime.

Modern day Isaac Hempstead Wright

She's got a cute booty. That's actually the only thing I find attractive about her.

Intelligent defense guise.

How pathetic.

Simply proclaiming "MY WATCH HAS ENDED! YEEEEAAHHH!" does not absolve you of your Night's Watch vows. He is King in the North now because he deserted the Night's Watch. Again, if you'd like to argue that he is no longer Lord Commander, then he also murdered members of the Night's Watch. The only answer is he a dishonorable cunt, who has abandoned his post in the most desperate of times, and is now pursuing a vainglorious campaign waging war against the wardens the North (illegally)

She should gain twenty pounds then sit on my face

daily reminder that there literally isn't ONE PERSON in westeros who will believe that Jon Snu was killed and resurrected.

EVEN if we go with the assumption that dying absolves him from his vows, no one would believe it anyway so they should take him for a deserter anyway.

>Night's Watch vows are taken for life
>Gets stabbed
>Is alive
>Pronounce that your watch has ended ... JUST CUZ
>Deserts the Night's Watch to pursue an illegal war
>Starktards perform a series of mental gymnastics defending your dishonor

Must be nice being Jon "The Fairy" Snow, who can do no wrong.

she is pretty desu

>she will always be anorexic tier skinny

why cant she get just a bit chubby?

also someone post pics of her

No death absolved him not proclaiming anything. Get real with all the other problems in Westeros no one is going to stop and say "well he murdered 3 criminals." It makes fine and perfect sense. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's not perfectly applicable. If the NW was perfectly intact and Westeros was a perfect world but it's not.

Even Ned made dishonest decisions in a Jam. Arguably the most moral character so the situation with the NW makes sense in the world of Westeros.

There is 2 ways to see it after his resurrection.
He is still a member of the NW, or he isn't.

1) He is still a member of the NW despite his death.
In this case, he can't leave ever. NW members can't leave.

2) He is not a member of the NW anymore.
In this case, he's a random guy who killed 4 members of the NW. He should be executed.

So which is it?
You can't take the best of both world. "Oh he's allowed to kill 4 guys as the LC of the night's watch, but he's allowed to leave because he's not even in the Night's watch".

>He should be executed.
They stabbed him you spineless bitch he's within his rights to kill them

I thought we were talking about the show because what have been discussing are show events. Seeing as how book Jon is still dead and can't kill anyone dead. In the show Davos, Mel, NW and all the wildlings saw him come back also there are lots of people that will vouch for his honest nature in the show so I still see no problem with it.

Note that this post does not offer any legitimate argument against the fact that Jon Snow is now a deserter of the Night's Watch, instead sidetracks the issue "the world isnt perfect" "even Ned made bad decisions" "there's so much going on, what does it matter?" "bigger fish to fry" etc.

Thanks for clearing that up for us. As I said, not even the biggest Stark apologists and Jontards can dispute the fact that Jon Snow is a deserter of the Night's Watch, and should be apprehended and served the same justice that every other deserter of the Night's Watch has received for the last 8000 years.

*Correction gets dead and comes back to life.

This really, they murdered the Lord Commander of the Nights Watch in cold blood.

>dead
>murdered

Hmm, pretty sure he is still alive. I seem to remember him walking and talking, executing members of the Night's Watch, and pursuing an illegal war against the Warden of the North.

There is no sense in fighting with niggas memeing this hard but I'm bored and it's a more valuable discussion than waifus or Bran worship or Slag Sophie posts. So I will continue biting.

He's not just some random as far as the north knows he is the last living male heir of there beloved Ned Stark and most people hate Sandra because she is a Lannister whore. Her own brother couldn't even look past the Lannister marriage when proclaiming an heir. So the rest of the North certainly wouldn't. So I would argue in most people's in the norths eyes he was executing them as the rightful lord to winterfell.

Didn't he get killed and then resurrected by Melisandre?

Does Beric Dondarrion abandon his mission because he supposedly "dies"? I seem to remember something about him doubling his efforts in pursuit of the bringing Gregor Clegane, and House Lannister to justice for their crimes against the people, and the realm.

You're mixing things up here.
So you seem to think he is not a member of the NW.

When the NW kills people who aren't members of the NW ( wildlings, Amory Lorch men ), are those allowed to take revenge?

Can a wildling lawfully come to the wall and kill 4 guys to avenge his brother?
Can Amory Lorch come to the wall and kill Jeor Mormont to make up for his dead men?

no.
So why is Jon, a non-member of the NW, allowed to do it?
They hand out 4 "Free murder" cards to former members?

If Jon isn't a NW member then he has no right to decide what happens at the wall anymore, and sure as fuck no right to kill their members. Even if he has reason to hate them.

Lots of wildlings hate them as much as Jon hate them, and they killed their brothers and daughters and fathers and so on. Doesn't matter. If a wildling comes to the wall to kill a NW guy for vengeance, they'll kill him.

If Jon isn't a member of the NW he can'T name a new LC (by interim) either.

Jon does EVERYTHING like he's still in the night's watch, and as Lord Commander too.

All, except, you know, deserting to fight for Rickon.

Ramsey Bolton is the Lord of Winterfell at the time he commits that crime though. You don't have a leg to stand on here. Either he is still Lord Commander, or he is not(he is). In which case he murdered those members of the Night's Watch.

That's a side issue though, because he is still Lord Commander, and has now deserted.

He's allowed to do it because he was formerly a member of the NW.
Nothing like this has happened before so I guess Jon is writing the rule book.

>He's not just some random as far as the north knows he is the last living male heir of there beloved Ned Stark
YOu're just doing semantics now, you know full well what "random" means in the context.

I'll spell it out : Literally every single person in Westeros or the entire world who's job isn't "Member of the NIght's watch".

These are the only person who can decide what to do with a member of the night's watch.

Remember how Yoren disobey Lorch in teh books, and a royal decree in the show? He doesn't even obey THE KING.

No one who isn't in the NW can decide that these men deserves death. That's NW business.

>He's allowed to do it because he was formerly a member of the NW.

Ah, so it's perfectly acceptable for deserters of the Night's Watch, who have grievances against the Watch, to murder those they feel like. So in other words, the mutineers who murdered Mormont were perfectly in their rights, as was Mance Rayder (a Night's Watch deserter) to attack the Wall.

>former members of the NW are allowed to kill NW guys

Will they include this in the oaths new recruits swear?

You can't be serious.

Well, deserters =/= being killed then resurrected.

Apples and oranges, anons.

>Night's Watch vows are taken for life
>Is alive
>Deserts the Night's Watch

Sounds like a criminal and a traitor, to me.

I think the show is trying to convey that his vows ended when he died. So when he comes back to life, he's a free man.

Is simples.

He is not dead, therefore he is not "free" of his Night's Watch vows. In other words, he is a deserter of the Night's Watch. What is the punishment for deserting the Night's Watch?

>Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death

He was dead at the end of season 5 and that's when his vows ended.

I think the punishment for desertion is execution.

What if you are pronounced, or thought dead, but are healed, or wake up from a coma? Are you free of your Night's Watch vows because of some technicality? How long does your heart have to stop beating, or stop breathing, before you can murder 4 brothers of the Night's Watch, and proclaim "MY WATCH HAS ENDED!"?

I'm not sure, you'd need to ask the showrunners.

Technically as soon as you're dead, I think your vows are over. Maybe that's where the Ironborn could have an advantage due to their blessing ceremonies.

>It shall not end until my death

Thanks for clearing that part up. Is Jon Snow dead? Or is he still alive pursuing an illegal war against the Warden of the North, and now the Crown?

He died in season 5, my good friend.

From what I recall once Robert and Nedd were dead he looked around at all the small folk and saw that there was no one left to protect the kings people and serve Justice for them. I don't think he abandoned his mission completely. What I mean by that is he would kill the mountain if he had the chance but his main focus became the small folk.

It's a rhetorical question. The answer is no, you are not absolved of your Night's Watch vows simply because you are thought dead, or are actually dead, but are then healed. The vows are for life, and Jon Snow is still alive (though hopefully not for long, unless the whole realm is devoid of a man of honor) pursuing an illegal war.

>The vows are for life

They certainly are, fortunately Jon died in season 5 and so they don't apply anymore.

If you have any more questions, feel free to get in touch.

Notice I said rightful lord of winterfell not current lord of winterfell.

Sansa is the heir to Winterfell. Jon Snow is a bastard, who is Lord Commander of the Night's Watch. A lifetime position, one you cannot just abandon.

Except the leader of the wildling army, a commander of the Northern army, a number of Night's watchmen and anyone who just believes in magic

>Jon died
>But is still alive
And somehow this means he can just desert the Night's Watch. Interesting. So I'll ask again, what is the cutoff? If some maester pronounces a Night's Watch brother dead, but is healed later, does he get to just leave the Wall? No, I think not.

We aren't talking about the books AT ALL because JON KILLING NW MEMBERS DID NOT HAPPEN IN THE BOOKS AT ALL. Gotta come correct. Don't try to play people.

Well except he kills the half-hand and totally gets away with it because he proves an asset in the battle against the wildlings. So there's that.

He was ordered to kill Qhorin, by Qhorin himself (his commanding officer on that particular mission)

Jon was resurrected by Melisandre at the start of season 6 (I think it was the first episode, right at the end).

Technically he doesn't even "desert" the nights watch because he's no longer a member. That all ended at the end of season 5 when he was killed.

She wasn't the heir in Robb's eyes or anyone Loyal to him. Who ever Robb laid down in his will is rightful lord. Which btw did the show ever mention Robb's will ever again?

So he murdered 4 members of the Night's Watch he had grievances against in vengeance. I wonder if you also make the same arguments defending the mutineers who murdered Mormont. Mance Rayder was also free to murder any member of the Night's Watch he wanted to, he had grievances against them, and since he deserted the Night's Watch and is no longer a member, he can't be punished by the Night's Watch! Amazing reasoning.

Robb's will is not in the show. It's not even known who or what is in the will in the books. That's all irrelevant though because he rebelled against the Crown, lost the war, is dead, and the Crown has legally appointed a new Warden of the North.

Well technically none of the mutineers died and neither did Mance Rayder before they started breaking their vows.

As far as I know, only Jon (and maybe Benjen, I'm not clear on whether he died or not) are the first black brothers to die and come back to life.

The only person in the whole world who knows he gave that order is Jon and a dead person. There were more witnesses to Jons death than the murder he committed. With your logic there is no way he should have gotten away with that. Why aren't you arguing about that. That did actually happen in the books and you could use book evidence for that argument.

Some reddit showfag telling people "if you have any more questions feel free to get in touch". Really made me think, "nigga"

I apologise if I have caused offence.

It hasn't come up until now. Thorne wanted to execute him for that, btw. Maester Aemon overruled him.

The point is, he wasn't forgiven because "he did well with the wildling mission" , he forgiven because a senior member of the Night's Watch overruled the Master at arms.

Allister declared Jon dead, and made himself essentially defacto LC. There are at least 100 men that witnessed that declaration and no doubt the brothers from the other castles received letters about his death. Jon was dead, while no nationwide ravens were sent to confirm this seeing as Mormont is technically still LC at the citadel. Plus if he was a "desserter" the NW would have sent a letter to Ramsey. The Oath has loopholes as Sam pointed out earlier in the show and the loopholes is what gets Jon out of the Watch.

Heir and she was the wife of the former lord, Ramsay Bolton.

Notherner cares about the NW and they hate the wildings. But in the season, they don't mind when the Lord Commandant takes part to a war along the wildings to help his sister...

it's not even a loophole - it says in black and white "... and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death."

1. He dies.
2. Watch ends/no longer a member of the nights watch.
3. He gets resurrected and fucks off without being branded a deserter because (see point 2).

Ramsay held no rights to Winterfell, he rebelled against the crown and is a traitor, as is Sansa because she as far as anyone knows helped kill Joffrey.

Traitors don't get rights to Crown property.

Plus Sansa is a kinslayer as she murdered her own husband and let her brother die

>loopholes
No. The vows are the vows. Sam was correct in that the primary mission of the Night's Watch is to protect the realms of men. Just because the Others and the wights have all but disappeared from history, and the Watch's primary enemy has been the Wildlings, does not mean that the rules were "fudged"

Except he is not dead, so he is still bound in service to the Night's Watch. I will ask for the third time, what is the cutoff for your made up technicality absolving a man of his solemn vows to the Night's Watch? If someone is pronounced dead some hours later comes to, does he get to leave the Night's Watch? Or does he have to be "dead" for a certain period of time? Can a man just go out ranging, pretend hes dead, and then come back and say, "I died, but the Children helped me and now im alive again! But I died so I'm leaving the Wall to pursue an illegal war lmao MY WATCH HAS ENDED!" "Hold on let me execute some brothers of the Night's Watch who i have grievances against first :^)"

If I may answer on behalf of the gentleman/lady you are talking to.

I believe the cutoff point is as soon as the person dies however you would need to ask the showrunners for a definite answer. If you like I can email HBO and try and get an answer?

What is/are the series/books really all about? What is the overarching thematic or topical concern? What do you think?

I think it's about the degradation of individuals and families due to their pursuit of power that may not be rightfully theirs. Justice is also important consideration.

So as soon as anyone pronounces you dead you are absolved of your vows to the Night's Watch, and if someone is able to resuscitate you, you are now free to leave the Wall. Makes total sense. After 8000 years I would expect there to be a new order of the Night's Watch of people that just go around pronouncing each other dead so that they can go home.

I think we've made some real progress here.

Feel free to get in touch if you have any more questions.

he's so cute.

It's about the human heart at conflict with itself, through a gritty retelling of Lord of the Rings modeled after real life historical events

>fails to offer any reasonable explanation
>makes up their own head-canon technicality why it's OK for Jon Snow to desert the Night's Watch
>claims to "winning" the argument, even though no argument has been offered
>dodges legitimate questions that arise from their made up technicality
>is a reddit cuck
>tries to put the other party on the defensive with petulant sign offs
>thinks it has any effect

Would you like to continue?

Feel free to get in touch if you have any more questions.

Yup, we have. Jon Snow is a deserter of the NW, but he gets a pass because hes DA KITN now!

I wouldn't personally go as far to say he's a deserter. He's not bound to the Watch any more after season 5.

Please feel free to get in touch if you have anymore questions.

>gets stabbed
>is alive
>made up technicality by jewish hacks, reddit showfags, and westeros.org Jon Stargaryen cucks absolves him of his vows
>deserts the Watch
>Yep we're not faggots at all!