Who should play Death in an adaption of Neil Gaiman's The Sandman?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f5WrHOy1J84
youtube.com/watch?v=yKi0pJi0Wvs
change.org/p/netflix-bring-brendan-fraser-back-into-film-television
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>that clavicle

Lupita Nyohngo of course.

forgot the obligatory sweetingman jaypegg

My penis

Why can't they just get Death to play Death? Are they busy or something?

She got preggo and fat and old
YES

If she was dressed appropriately it would work. I always got the feeling that death was middle eastern (even though I know she was modeled after a white woman)

If anything she shoudl be Dream's waifu.

Kaya who?

Krysten Ritter.

I dont know who could play death but i do know who could play the perfect dream

Kaya Scodelario

kaya should play my pusy mistres

I read that as a shitty pick up line

Good choice

Fucking kek.

Eva Green

>If she was dressed appropriately it would work.

Like this?

Brad Pitt

Idris Elba

DADDARIO

Brendan
He needs the money

Gaiman is a fag, and a terrible writer.

Nobody. Don't adapt it.

Or, you know, Peter Murphy, the guy Dream is modeled on. He's old as fuck but those cheekbones don't age and he's got the voice

Famed actress/artist/author/intellectual powerhouse Sasha Grey

I think Neil Gaiman is talented insofar as he can suck the wonder and mysticism out of anything fantastical he writes.

You say this flippantly but I can imagine it happening and it makes me so fucking mad.

Dunno you guys, but I've always seen Nora Zehetner as Death in my mind
And Adrien Brody as Dream

Adrien Brody definitely fits.

youtube.com/watch?v=f5WrHOy1J84

Mongolians need not apply.

CUTE

That's really quite good.

Your mothers rancid crotch scab.

>a qt death you could fall in love with

Hopefully an african woman, given the Egyptian motif.

Patricia

she would be good.

is 'The Sandman' really unfilmable like some claim?

I mean look at the plot for volume 1

>In PRELUDES & NOCTURNES, an occultist attempting to capture Death to bargain for eternal life traps her younger brother Dream instead. After his 70 year imprisonment and eventual escape, Dream, also known as Morpheus, goes on a quest for his lost objects of power. On his arduous journey Morpheus encounters Lucifer, John Constantine, and an all-powerful madman.

The opening would need to address the Endless and some of the backstory to this world, follow it up with Dream's escape, have his possessions as the maguffins driving the story, and then have some sort of antagonist - perhaps a character appearing in any number of the issues of Sandman or an OC or another DC character. No need to do a 1:1 adaption, just use the first volume and the volumes which follow as a basis.

If Watchmen was made into a relatively good and underrated movie adaption, I don't see why Sandman can't be adapted too.

>chocolate sweet lolitas
stop

not to mention Doctor Strange managed to capture the trippy, other-worldy planes of existence thing

oooh i love devito as despair.

>you're a pit of despair. you disgust me. you disgust everyone

MEW

why is that person walking out there all alone!? What is he hiding?

It's too long. Would need to be a series of movies (or tv series), otherwise trying to condense the whole thing will be a mistake.

And to be fair, that first volume feels like the odd one out if you consider the work as a whole. But that first volume was really Neil Gaiman trying to be Alan Moore (very influenced by the latter's Swamp Thing run, even using some of its characters like Cain and Abel and Constantine), and it wasn't until the second volume that he really found his footing and turned Sandman into its own thing. So it's not really representative of Sandman as a whole.

>tfw no MEW gf ;_;

sister. oh, i see where you're going. okay.

who'd play delerium? the silly bitch who played Harley Quinn? "lol, i so randum.. Destiny's gonna freak."

has that been shooped at all? stretched a little along the y-axis?

Ruth Negga could pull it off.

Gal Gadot

youtube.com/watch?v=yKi0pJi0Wvs
change.org/p/netflix-bring-brendan-fraser-back-into-film-television
this is shitposting, but at the same time it's serious. sign the petition.