Rewatching this kino for about the 4th time rn

rewatching this kino for about the 4th time rn.

why was this show so fucking perfect, bros?

>interesting story
>likeable characters
>wasn't about muh shoe-horned diversity
>costumes and setting were pretty accurate, no one wearing black leather armor waving fantasy swords
>meme dialog kept to an appropriate minimum (one of the many reasons why Spartacus is shit)

Wait I thought every character on this show was a piece of shit?

Goes downhill fast after Caesar dies, it's a shame about season 2.

I guess Punished Vorunus and Mark Anthony are alright, but everything with Cleopatra and Octavian was lame imo.

punished vorenus is one of the weakpoints of the show.

Series literally turned plebs into patricians.

Just watched it for the first time couple weeks ago. I'm now said this had to die for GoT to live.

SAD

Watch I, Claudius you plebs, prepare your asses for true Roman kino

more like I, Snorius

So kino that even Sesame Street made a parody of it. I think i'll watch it again soon.
But Rome was pretty good, set the groundwork for all the modern historical type shows(good and mainly bad).

all the characters were well acted and likeable and it showed something about rome other than orgies and gladiators

>finish Rome for the nth time
>get sad and confused at the lack of ancient rome kino for the nth time

It was a shitty show with retarded characters, cringey """dialogue"""" and it looked cheap as fuck. I'm glad they canned this turd and made GoT instead. Yes, it was THAT shit. You guys have horrible taste and should consider suicide, no joke.

Where to watch, friends?

lol :-D

apply yourself next time, user.

lol

>Caesar dies

Spoilers, you cunt!

I NEED MORE ROME IN MY MEDIA DAMN IT

>tfw all the major historical movies were made when the technology wasn't there to do justice to the time
>tfw there could be amazing movies about antiquity now but kikiwood just wants to shit out capeshit

Caesar did nothing wrong. Fuck Pompey.

Mark Anthony is my favourite tv character and I've only watched it once

I think I'll make it a yearly thing

death to tyrants

long live the republic

Breaks over Roach, let's go.

To add;

>No steroid men
>No men with giant muscles, just kinda beefy
>Women were treated like women were treated 2000 years ago
>Patricians had massive power and displayed it, but depending on political standing, this can change
>Strange behaviors, to us, displayed in full frontal of what it was like for them
>Only scratched the surface of Roman customs and sexuality, but it was fucking accurate (incest, lots of sex, sex with slaves, bathhouse sex with slaves, man boy love) which is the way romans did things
>RESPECTING THEIR RELIGIOUS BELIEFS AND SHOWING HOW BIG OF A DEAL IT WAS FOR THEM
>olive oil and bread
>Slave culture wasn't in your face, always kind of in the sideline, which is how Romans saw slaves and made the viewer see how bad they had it, yet not concentrate on their plight
>Multicultural Rome, which was historically done for power rather than virtue signaling, because tolerating the cultures of those you conquer is wise, which is how Romans rolled... with the patricians always on top of course
>Caesar portrayed as a patrician dandy, a man who has incredibly refined taste for his era, and his actor really emphasized this, as well as his strange way of being friends with his enemies
>Veranus treating his wife like shit and she couldn't do anything about it, which is accurate to how common men were like this in the past
>Seeing Veranus' rise into the Senate and what it was like for equestrians entering the power circles of the elite, yet they only scratched the surface of this

>Titus "Get the cross" Pullo

This is my favorite show.

bro, you should. i watch it at least once a year.

there is nothing more comfy than vegging out on the couch with your bros on a snow day munching on junk food and beer watching Rome and making the cat dance to the theme song.

OP here, 100% agree, thank you for summing up a lot of what makes this show kino.

THIRTEEEEEN