Tankino

Why don't you like this Tankino?

>GOAT depiction of combat
>Comfy tank lyfe
>Rich cinematography
>Dat soundtrack

I'm in the mood for more Tankino, onto Buffalo Soldiers. Any others?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9x8yXtcFKg4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Czterej_pancerni_i_pies
m.youtube.com/watch?v=b8tyPsNrvjc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

By the guy who also directed Suicide Squad

Small world of 'talent'

SO many fucking reasons to hate this movie. I know I've listed at least 20 major suckage reasons on this board before so won't waste my efforts repeating myself, but TRUST US, it sucks.

it's a typical plebwar 2 movie, more perfectly generic that every other generic iteration that has come before it, like a perfect craft of genericness with all the tired tropes and plotpoints you've come to expect

it was shit,

another boring Brad Pitt vs Nahtzees # 123234

Saw it in theaters, I remember liking most of it but the ending is a little ridiculous. Tank combat was pretty boss though.

It looked like they were firing red and green lasers in the movie.

>my one job here is to get my crew through this war alive
>WHAT, my tank broke a track and there's an enemy company a couple hours march down the road? I aint leavin this tank, we're all going out in the blaze of glory!

I loved it but after a rewatch or two the apartment segment becomes unbearably boring

All of the main characters are fucking well performed tho

I refused to see this movie because I couldn't get past the fact that the (((executives))) gave a FUCKING WWII soldier a numale hair cut that just got invented a few years ago.

Show me a picture of someone with that with that hair cut from that era. You can't.

Shia is a massive faggot. Also the final battle made the Germans look like tards.

Last fight was fucking shit!!!

of course (((holywood))) made the Germans comically incompetent

Well he directed a cut of Suicide Squad. The rest of it who the fuck knows.

>be german Tiger commander
>command the most dominant tank on the eastern front
>the only way a couple of shermans could become a danger to me is if they get close or to my sides
>be well entrenched
>welp i guess ill leave this cover and meet them on the open field

bothered me desu

Jimmy Darmondy wore that hair in boardwalk empire, and he had just got back from WWI

They were tards.

>implying they weren't

It's good overall, though there's something jarring and oddly comical about the soldier who's screaming and burning to death when his tank gets hit, and pulls out his pistol and shoots himself.

If you're burning to death, would you even have the motor control to do that?

It was kinda hilarious how 300 Germans got trashed by a busted out tank, but you can almost explain that away with those troops being middle aged dudes and teenaged conscripts

the body is capable of pretty insane things when under intense stress. I'd say it's believable.

Tank is a bit to spacious inside.

There is no way you can have a conversation in there with working engine, it's so loud you need either radio or scream on top of your lungs.

Tank itself is in top condition all the time, no optic malfunctions, guns don't jam all the time, shells don't explode inside the barrel, engine didn't die once.

Otherwise good tank kino, except some Hollywood warfare in scenes against german tank and final scene.

Really liked how it depicted that army is absolutely filled with assholes and it's not a good time for anyone and there is nothing romantic about it.

Ultimate tank kino.

>Movie is full of Pattons

Beautiful.

Fury and End of Watch make up for Suicide Skwad

it was literally called the hitler youth haircut in the 1940s

SS infantry units were infamous for pointlessly wasting men in bonheaded frontal assaults, and by that point in the war most of the experienced officers and all of the experienced NCOs were dead.

That's called tracer rounds son

>the only way a couple of shermans could become a danger to me is if they get close or to my sides
WoT babby spotted

the easy 8 sherman could have penetrated the tiger's frontal armor easily, they just had them flank it to be more dramatic. The tank battle was cool but highly unrealistic.

You forget that they were the only thing standing between the panzer grenadier battalion and the undefined supply line. Cooks, medics, command etc.

That's why Pitt wasn't prepared to ditch. He was tasked with protecting that line and saw it through to the end.

Even if they were to retreat, they would still have to face that battalion down the line without armour or the element of surprise.

They must have mowed down at least half of that battalion leaving them severely weakened and spent for the rest of the weak line to handleCan't eventually capture.

Hmm. I've never seen them look that cartoonish in real life but maybe I just haven't had enough exposure to those types of rounds.

Nynaeve unaided by even a simple angreal could defeat an entire tank platoon

I really liked the battles towards the beginning, but the apartment sequence was painfully long and it became a bit ridiculous at the end when it turned into 300 2: America's Revenge

Obviously there is colour correction making the scenes dingier and FX unaffected, but tracers are still visible in day. I would say from personal experience that they are 60% the brightness of that IRL though. Particularly more visible on mounted weaponry since the larger rounds allows more tracer compound.

It's purpose is for aiming correction and targeting 'follow my tracer etc'

Thanks for the info. Were you in the military?

I agree completely. If instead of le ebin holdout against endless nazis and it was another intense, personal 1v1 against another tank as the ending it would have been a fantastic movie.

Almost. None of those kids are even overweight.

Too white to be from Sup Forums, I think this is more accurate

>All of the main characters are fucking well performed tho

EXCEPT NONE OF THEM ACTED OR SPOKE LIKE GUYS DID IN THE 1940s

youtube.com/watch?v=9x8yXtcFKg4

shame the whole movie wasn't like this

>be american Sherman commander
>come up against a Tiger tank
>hit it with a high explosive round because the explosion will rattle the extremely delicate engine immobilizing the tank
>then call in a dive bomber to destroy it

> I know I've listed at least 20 major suckage reasons on this board before so won't waste my efforts repeating myself

Welcome to Sup Forums

> arabs aren't white
stupid libturd

holy shit trump kids btfo

other than the tank battle scenes (which were 10/10) that movie was terrible

>Any others?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Czterej_pancerni_i_pies

tankino?

White tiger and the beast are tankino, fury is a flick

Those aren't arabs, but bosniaks.Still somewhat white.

Which movie is this?

faggots should have went out fighting, sad!

Why was Speer so fucking competent?

Jesus Christ, can you imagine being an adult Allied soldier and realizing the enemy combatants you were shooting five minutes ago were literal children?

Lebanon is superior Tankino compared to Fury.

Monster or something like that.

Reagan era pro-mudshit propaganda.

I'll skip that one then.

I actually saw this in the cinema and immediately thought it was Kino

the ridiculous part of it is that they were supposed to be SS. If they would have made them regular german soldiers, then it's believable.

Hey, what's with the huge gaps between the post times? It seems like some mentally ill person keeps bumping this thread from page 10.

Pretty sure it's "The Beast" tank kino about Slavs in Afghanistan in the 80's. Strange they wore the masks as I thought by the 80's all T55's would have had overpressure NBC systems.

The best tank kino ever made hasn't been mentioned yet either. Lebanon. Really top tier tanking. Pretty /k/ approved too.

It was mentioned right there, user.

I dubbed in star wars sound effects to the laser tank battle section of the film.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=b8tyPsNrvjc

BS

It's The Beast Of War and it's pure Tankino

>gunner's sight used to zoom in on dumb random details and used like a film camera instead of observing the terrain

Took me out of the film so badly I began to hate it

Underrated

Law of averages demands someone
had to balance out Hitler and Goering

The Waffen SS was extremely dangerous when they first formed, due to pinching the best Heer soldiers they could entice from their units. By 45 though, they were down to brainwashed kids and fanatics. Only issue with the final battle is how long it took them to remember 'Oh yeah, Panzerfaust. It fists tank'

Breddy hype for pic related tbqh

Are you fucking serious? No shit dufus

I liked it. I don't care to watch it again, it was nothing special, though. The fights were good, the ending was annoying. My friend told the ending was an anti war message. I asked him if he really believed that someone who is against war and lived all the horrors etc would really let a man who butchered tens of people go, even if he saw himself in his eyes all that shit.. He said yes, I don't agree with him.

The biggest flaw of Fury is its origin- Deathtraps by Belton Cooper, the man responsible for all the myths about the Sherman being a piece of shit, when it was a good solid tank that was on par with the T34/85 and outclassed the Panzer IV easily, with the 76mm version mostly holding up against the Panther

Fury buys into the Ronson bullshit completely. See that LTs tank brewing up early on, the later Shermans they had by then were notoriously hard to ignite, unlike German and English tanks. Hence the 12% crew casualty rate per tank knocked out, so 1 crewman dead/injured for every 2 tanks destroyed

I don't even read posts like this anymore. There are so many tank autists out there and every single one of them cites their favorite book as proof that everyone else is wrong.

I've been hooked. That cut was pretty popular even in the early 1900s. Fuckboy haircut for over 100 years.

I was thinking of watching this but I was worried it villainized the Soviets to the point of absurdity.What am I in for?

Things I hate about this film

1. One of the crew members was black, he was the one killed at the start. American army had segregation. Blacks were postal bitches and messengers, convoy route guards and so on. They would never have mixed race crews.

2. A M4A2 taking 3 (THREE) Pak43 shots. No thanks.

3. A fucking pencil pusher 'accidentally' being assigned to a veteran tank crew. Good job, the reason you don't do that is showed later in the film by the guy not firing on ambushers.

4. The tank commander, forgot his name, tells the spic to shut the fuck up cause they speak 'American' in that tank. You speak English and there is nothing clever about that other than making a guy look dumb so you can go "HEH RAYCISS ARE DUMB LOL"

5. The entire scene in the town took too long. There was no need for it. Talking about the Falaise Pocket as if it was some kind of slaughter and how disgusted the Americans were with the aftermath when Patton and Monty nearly came to blows over it because Monty refused to push the Canadians and British forces to the max against veteran German forces, resuting in 40,000 German troops escaping the pocket. Which Patton thought was wrong and he wanted the Brits, Canadians and French to have just mown them all over. That's fucking hypocricy, when the Americans wanted 40,000 more dead because 'we gotta face them later!!' when 90% of their heavy equip was gone and by that point in the war Germany was producing Sten Guns the Brits created to try and arm their guys. Americans were all fresh and wanted the kill. They weren't some battered and bloodied nation that had fought on their on in 6 different theatres for 5 years.

6. It turned into 'le last stand' film when I wanted tank battles, leading up to an ending with them surviving, laughing and going "Well, I doubt we'll be seeing any more German tanks any more. We'll be in Berlin by Christmas!" before fading to the German forces massing up for Battle of the Bulge. Fade to black.

Just awful.

huh, i didn't know ww2 tanks shot at each other with lazers

>before fading to the German forces massing up for Battle of the Bulge
What are you talking about? Fury plays in early 1945.

lasers

Moby-Dick with tanks.

I know. I would have liked it set near the end of '44 with an ending that left a possible Battle of the Bulge film. You'd think, after all these years of technological progress, we'd be enjoying loads of good war films doing things you couldn't do well in the 60's.

Ah well.

Cool film, but I'd have enjoyed it simply if it was a Russian tank driver with supernatural abilities helping him wreck shit. Rather than the anti-war message it essentially rams home (a bit too literally, sadly).

We have technology now. I want a film on the scale of, I dunno, Waterloo, but for WW2. A modern Saving Private Ryan. I know Hacksaw Ridge tried, but I mean a massive 'epic'. 3-5 hour long film, covering land, sea and air battles. Plus all the 'behind the scenes' battles like spies and code breaking.

That was a stupid af scene. The Shermans would've been swiss cheese.

when will the director of Das Boot (zenith of submarine kino) ever make Tiger tank movie about the battle at Kursk? tiger tanks are so much sexier than any other WOII tank.

WTF HOW CAN SHE SLAP?? I MEAN HOW CAN HE FIRE WHILE MOVING?

Top 20 warkino fo sho

>If they would have made them regular german soldiers, then it's believable.
Wrong.
You're an idiot if you think the SS were drastically better than the Heer.
They had better gear, sure, but they got their asses kicked plenty of times.

The ending battle was a fucking stupid scene no matter what branch of the German armed forces are portrayed. They were fucking firing machineguns at the tank.

>I asked him if he really believed that someone who is against war and lived all the horrors etc would really let a man who butchered tens of people go, even if he saw himself in his eyes all that shit..
I thought the same thing. Why the fuck would the SS guy let him go just after almost his entire battalion had been butchered?

I was recommended this movie by a tanker guy, he was an m60 crewman. He heard me talking about wanting to see fury, guess he got sick of tanks not being portrayed well enough in hollywood. I still haven't gotten around to watch it but it's probably better than fury.

It has to be, fury is fucking garbage

i think you misunderstood the post you've replied to

The SS were notorious for their kindhearted and forgiving manner

throwing rocks at a tank

Can you provide a translation at least

>Moby-Dick with tanks
Pretty sure that's not the name of it

>Germans literally called them tommy cookers
>hurrr no all bullshit

>1. One of the crew members was black, he was the one killed at the start. American army had segregation. Blacks were postal bitches and messengers, convoy route guards and so on. They would never have mixed race crews.

I'm pretty sure we don't get a good view on the dead crew member. And he's covered in grease and blood and sitting in a dark fucking tank so it's hard to see who he actually is.

>5. The entire scene in the town took too long. There was no need for it. Talking about the Falaise Pocket as if it was some kind of slaughter and how disgusted the Americans were with the aftermath when Patton and Monty nearly came to blows over it because Monty refused to push the Canadians and British forces to the max against veteran German forces, resuting in 40,000 German troops escaping the pocket. Which Patton thought was wrong and he wanted the Brits, Canadians and French to have just mown them all over. That's fucking hypocricy, when the Americans wanted 40,000 more dead because 'we gotta face them later!!' when 90% of their heavy equip was gone and by that point in the war Germany was producing Sten Guns the Brits created to try and arm their guys. Americans were all fresh and wanted the kill. They weren't some battered and bloodied nation that had fought on their on in 6 different theatres for 5 years.
What? The movie is not set in the Falaise gap

>6. It turned into 'le last stand' film when I wanted tank battles, leading up to an ending with them surviving, laughing and going "Well, I doubt we'll be seeing any more German tanks any more. We'll be in Berlin by Christmas!" before fading to the German forces massing up for Battle of the Bulge. Fade to black.
The battle of the Bulge was over by that time. The movie is set in April 1945.

They're called tracers

That would cost fuck tons of money. Plus, where are you gonna get a tiger? The only functioning one is in the UK. You'd have to make shitty mock-up tigers on T34 chassis.