L

>L...
>Kira...
>I will hunt you down wherever you are hiding and I will eliminate you!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l-Q8Vhk5Qjc
youtu.be/CBiBlZJd0YA
youtube.com/watch?v=MTGlrcReWrk
youtube.com/watch?v=sJr_KZ1Ahxg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

eeeurhhh ching chong bongiru

Genuine kino

Just unironically marathoned this. Shit falls off quicker than Dexter

Don't you have a GitS thread to go to?

I didn't think it was too drastic. Near and Mello were stupid but I really liked the episode where Soichiro dies and the final episodes with Mikami were interesting. The last episode makes up for how shitty it did get.

>it's another cringy weeb thread

reported

>The notebook is on a missile!

Pretty awesome. Too bad they're ruining it with that new movie with the black L.

What did they mean by this?

>that scene were Light is staring at L through the clear staircase
>that disfigured half of Light's face and eerie music

Even before Near and Mello, it noticeably goes south when L and Light start working together. And the last episode seemed retarded. Having Mikami fucking up be the last reveal was dumb and there should have been more significance placed on Ryuk and Light's death. Felt like it was thrown together in an afternoon.

>that scene where Light is rationalizing in his head whether or not he could make his father write down Mello's name as he's lying on his deathbed.

Only good part of the show was Light telling that one chick that he's Kira before he had her kill herself.

>more significance placed on Ryuk and Light's death
What do you mean? Like it's said in the episode, Ryuk had said he'd kill Light from the get-go. You also get the grim final scene with Misa's suicide if you mean seeing the effect of Light's death.

take a potato chip

Oh I totally acknowledge that the first 8 episodes of Death Note are the best (right up to Naomi Misora's death) and it started to become a bit insufferable with Misa and Light's amnesia gambit. But the episode where Yotsuba Kira loses control of the situation is really great.

KINO [√]

youtube.com/watch?v=l-Q8Vhk5Qjc

AND EAT IT!

youtu.be/CBiBlZJd0YA

This theme gives me chills.

youtube.com/watch?v=MTGlrcReWrk
>you will never have your own theme song while you do some deduction

You don't think him just plainly explaining that point and then killing him was like the worst way possible to incorporate it? It's just a "Remember in the beginning how I said this!" moment done so poorly

Death Note is manga is better but the anime is not bad.

Still you retards need to realize that either the anime or the manga are literally aimed for 12-14 year old boys, it's a fun story but no masterpiece of any kind.

DOMON ANSWER ME

>it's a fun story but no masterpiece of any kind.
I'm not implying that at all. I just liked the rush of excitement I got when watching the scene in the OP, like I was getting ready for this wild ride.

How would you have done it differently? I mean I'm not denying it could have ended better, but how would you handle the call back?

youtube.com/watch?v=sJr_KZ1Ahxg

>for 12-14 year old boys, it's a fun story but no masterpiece of any kind.
Since when does something need to be aimed at adults to be a masterpiece? People would point to The Iron Giant as being an animated masterpiece, but it's quite clearly a kids film.

Not to say Death Note is a masterpiece or anything, just a general point.

What are the requirements of being a masterpiece? The choice of visuals are distinctive and really add to the presentation, and the soundtrack is fantastic. The visuals and sound are key aspects of film/TV are they not?

the visuals are quite generic, especially for the tone of the series.
the writing is not very good, even the author says that L is cheating because he learns shit he shouldn't be able to because plot demands it, he basically has plot knowledge armor or some shit.

The music is good i'll give you that, but there's also the fact that they cut and rushed a lot of things after Light kills L, which is why some people don't understand.

THE EAST IS BURNING!

I watched all the episodes in about 3 days last year and liked it a lot. I recently watched Gantz too but it kind of sucked. What other stuff should I watch?

Psycho Pass and Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Monster and Cowboy Bebop are also meant to be good.

I'll check them out. Thanks!

Going to warn you that Psycho Pass season 2 is eh and the movie is even more so.
First season is great though and I recommend at least that much

Stand Alone Complex is essential viewing.

>even the author says that L is cheating because he learns shit he shouldn't be able to because plot demands it
Like what? Why even bring this up if you're not going to cite examples?
> that either the anime or the manga are literally aimed for 12-14 year old boys
What does this matter? Do you only consume mature entertainment for mature individuals like yourself? It's all consumption of entertainment, man.

>Psycho Pass season 2
I know I'm in the minority, but I actually really liked season 2.

The movie is blatantly mediocre though, maybe even poor. I actually felt sad for the people hyping up the film - going on about how terrible and filler season 2 is, but the director is coming back to make a film. The film ends up being much worse than season 2, pretty much isn't anything like the first two seasons, and is quite possibly the most filler I've ever seen. No characters change, and there's no effect on the system. I don't know what went through the writer/directors mind.

>the visuals are quite generic, especially for the tone of the series.
Are they? I really liked the change in colour, particularly when characters are thinking, and then you get the spectacle of L and Light always at odds - on two falling buildings etc.

I was careful not to say Season 2 was bad but rather just eh. I enjoyed it but Season 1 had the bar set too high for me to appreciate the second season too much.

If season 1 and season 2 had their quality switched it would have been better.

Idk what to say to save the movie though. Kinda disappointed me. They left the mystery for more action which shouldn't have been done.

>alright you caught me! You won't shoot...

Samurai champloo

When Kira killed L was pretty boss. unexpected as fuck

>What does this matter?
Death Note is full of contrivances that make it a very sophomoric approach to the mystery genre. I get it, it's edgy, it's flashy, but it's not particularly smart. It's just complicated for the sake of it.

>Death Note is full of contrivances
Like?

I just really liked the antagonist of the second season. The first season had a great antagonist as well, so it's was bewildering to see the antagonists that the film gave us.
I think I also liked season 2 more than I should have, purely to spite the haters. Dislike it all you want, but when a mystery show is getting shit on for not explaining everything 3 episodes in, the complainers are quite clearly brain dead. Same with True Detective S2 - there are valid reasons to be disappointed compared to S1, but having a convoluted story in a noir is NOT a negative.

I'd like to think there will be a 3rd Psycho Pass season, if only for Yayoi to actually get more screentime - 2 lines in the movie... It's bizarre that she was given the only flashback episode, yet nothing has been done with her for 2 seasons and a movie.

>L meets Misa
>Misa clearly and quite literally sees L's name
>when Light asks for his name Misa forgets because lol suspense

Easily the worst, and I happen to enjoy Death Note.

Alright you listed one, my man. It's been a while since I read Death Note, but there was a gambit for Misa to lose her memories at some point.

I think she forgets his name because she sees names all day and she's not an autist who would remember his out of all the ones she sees. She's an airhead.

Jumped the shark when L got killed but the show still kept going, and a piss poor imitation of L got introduced to replace him, and that piss poor imitation was somehow still able to outsmart Light because fuck you.

>was somehow still able to outsmart Light because fuck you.
Because he had another L replacement to help him, Light trusted someone who wasn't as competent as they should be, and Light fucked up.

Aizawa, do this thing for me.

>and a piss poor imitation of L got introduced to replace him, and that piss poor imitation was somehow still able to outsmart Light because fuck you

It's amazing how many people didn't know this was intentional. They spell it out over the course of ten pages that Mello and Near weren't equal to L, and had they simply worked together they would've captured Light long ago.

>Alright you listed one, my man.
One that should be enough to drop the entire series, but you just handwaved it.

>but there was a gambit for Misa to lose her memories at some point
That happens way later in the story.

>should be enough to drop the entire series
An idiot forgetting someone's name is enough for people to drop an entire series? Are you autistic?

>One that should be enough to drop the entire series

Doesn't matter. What was under discussion here was how many contrivances. You said it's full of it. Get your shit straight.

If the gambit happens later, I'm not sure about Misa forgetting L's name. There's really no point to continuing the discussion, however, as neither of us have read the story in a while so our memories are fuzzy and not worth relying on.