ITT we than countries for manufacturing items that we use and like

ITT we than countries for manufacturing items that we use and like.

Thank you America for designing and manufacturing my AR-15, she's very cute and reliable.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uMUASQMt5l8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>gaymod
Should have bought superior russian weaponry

Thank you Finland for my Nokia

Glad you like it Pekka. Thank you Finland for making my favorite Mosin.

V11 was 300e cheaper than V7 at the time, I figured I could buy a new handguard with the money I saved if I cared enough. Turns out I really don't.

I'm glad you guys took them off our hands, if you hadn't, the dumbfuck government would probably melted them.

We prefer to reverse engineer them

Thank you Finnland for Moomins

Looks fucking disgusting. "Rails" the gun. Can't stand modern garbage.

Thank you Russia for designing SKS

>hey let's buy weapons from the country that took our land and threatened to invade us for decades

Thank you Suomi for quality shitposts and Spurdo.

Actually they took OUR land.

Stupid fudd

>Nokia's history dates back to 1865, when Finnish-Swede mining engineer Fredrik Idestam established a pulp mill near the town of Tampere, Finland (then in the Russian Empire). A second pulp mill was opened in 1868 near the neighboring town of Nokia, offering better hydropower resources. In 1871, Idestam, together with friend Leo Mechelin, formed a shared company from it and called it Nokia Ab (Nokia Company being the English equivalent), after the site of the second pulp mill.

Wood, metal, and iron sights. Anything more is for prissy faggots.

Do you hate progress?

He's probably one of those folks who wishes he could smoke indoors at restaurants.

I bet you think the armed forces would be better off if we never got rid of the M14

how come finland doesn't have mass shootings all the time

One persons progress is anothers regression.

In what way are polymers and modern optics regression?

Cheap, unaesthetic, unreliable.

My modern optic works just fine

>cheap
You mean affordable?
>unaesthetic
Guns are meant to work, not be pretty doing so.
>unreliable
False

For now, and say it does break oops nobody's guns have iron sights built into them anymore just a rail. Can't go back to storage to grab extra sights in a bad situation.
>Modernism.jpg
The ancients valued aestheticism. It symbolizes the prestige and wealth of the civilization. Only in modern times with materialism replacing all other values and world views, have we lost sight of that.
The reason why it's cheaper is because nobody produces metals and wood in the numbers they used to, those materials would be cheaper if they were produced more than plastic.
Everything else built before plastics lasts for fucking ever, no modern car would last nearly as long the ones of old.

No, only in modern times have we realized that weapons need to be weapons first and aesthetic pieces second. When you're making a killing tool, its physical appearance doesn't mean shit.

We're not talking about cars, we're talking about guns. Metal is a good material for some things, polymers are better for other things. Providing the non-structural and mechanical components of a firearm isn't something you need metal for.

Polymers are cheaper than wood and metal because they're infinitely easier to work. Wood needs to be harvested and shaped, metal needs to be machined- even if its cast, it has to be cleaned up afterwards. Plastics are easier to injection mold, brush up, and then assemble. Polymer is lighter and stronger than wood.

*non-structural and non-mechanical parts, I meant to say. Obviously if the part is dealing with high pressures, like the upper receiver, gas tube and barrel, or is moving frequently, like the BCG or its analogue on any other firearm, you want metal. Things like grips, stocks, etc. aren't subject to those forces, and making them out of metal or wood is pointless when polymer does the same job just as well at less weight and less cost.

Also, if you're talking about sights, look at 's rifle. There's still a front sight post and a rear flip-up. Adding optics doesn't require the removal of iron sights.

You say to assume a hypothetical situation where it breaks, but that's like saying a hypothetical situation where a car crashes but its seat belt breaks and its air bags go off. Yeah, it's possible, but how often does that *really* happen? Quality optics are rugged and reliable.

>No, only in modern times have we realized that weapons need to be weapons first and aesthetic pieces second. When you're making a killing tool, its physical appearance doesn't mean shit.
No that's decadent modern mentality talking. I don't even care so much that some parts are polymers, or optics. It's just the rails that ruin it.

>not demanding everything look pretty, even if it hampers function, is decadent

Why do you care so much what somebody else's gun looks like?

I don't know, should we?

>For now, and say it does break oops nobody's guns have iron sights built into them anymore just a rail. Can't go back to storage to grab extra sights in a bad situation.
Iron sights are a lot easier to get off zero than a good quality red dot. If you can manage to render an Aimpoint inop, you've done something remarkable.

And there's nothing preventing you from mounting irons on your rail. I don't bother, since I trust the aimpoint.
youtube.com/watch?v=uMUASQMt5l8

You can put things on guns without rails. Doesn't hamper function at all. Aesthetics are important psychological tools. Fascists were the last ones to understand and utilize this. Pic related was probably the last time the US military look decent, and coincidentally it's peak.

>And there's nothing preventing you from mounting irons on your rail.
Yeah and it's stupid not to have them built in, in the first place even for back up.

>Yeah and it's stupid not to have them built in, in the first place even for back up.
Why? It allows people to choose the kind of irons they prefer.

>Oops muh fancy optics break
>Shit out of luck

>Fascists were the last ones to understand and utilize this

The same fascists who crippled themselves with god-awful logistics, exacerbated supply shortages by chasing retarded prototype weapons instead of reliably producing what they already had, and made the classic strategic mistake of going to war with the entire world at once?

>Doesn't hamper function at all
Neither do rails, which just do it better

It's okay to not like modern aesthetics. That's fine. Everybody has opinions and subjective tastes as to what they think looks good. Just don't be like this and say 'MODERN THINGS BAD' because fuck you, they work.

He wasn't talking about not having irons, he was talking about mounting irons on rails.

Weren't we talking about iron sights?

Yes, and when you don't have them built in, it's stupid for the reason I stated. If you had to have rails, I would just put them in between the iron sights like you see on modernized versions of older guns.
>The same fascists who crippled themselves with god-awful logistics, exacerbated supply shortages by chasing retarded prototype weapons instead of reliably producing what they already had, and made the classic strategic mistake of going to war with the entire world at once?
>These memes
They lost because they were outnumbered. A lizard is superior in every way to an ant, but ants in great numbers could defeat the lizard. Still doesn't change the fact that the Lizard is superior organism.

Rails don't do it any better, things could be mounted on just as well without them. I will continue to say modernism makes things bad because it does. It's decadent and void of anything besides materialism.

Whatever you say, Wehraboo.

I still don't understand how function over form is decadent or materialistic. You do know what those words mean, right? Because decorating your weapons seems to be both pretty decadent and materialistic.

>. You do know what those words mean, right? Because decorating your weapons seems to be both pretty decadent and materialistic.
Apparently you don't

>Yes, and when you don't have them built in, it's stupid for the reason I stated. If you had to have rails, I would just put them in between the iron sights like you see on modernized versions of older guns.
But then you can't choose the type of iron sights you want. How is this an advantage?

>But then you can't choose the type of iron sights you want.
You can modify the iron sights without rails too if you so badly wanted to. Seemed to work out perfectly fine anyways. And advantage in that if your fancy optics breaks you have the good ole classics to fall back to.

Thanks you Italy for my Bianchi Nyala

Thank you Burgers for Intel and Nvidia

>nvidia

Thank you Mexico for your everyday sabotage to USA with your illegal passborders

But why would you want to go through all that when you can just mount the sights you want on a rail?

Do you own mexicans? Do you have enough experience with them to even comment?

>Half rate, 7000 terawatt power consumption, year late 1080 performance AMD trash

lol

The way I see it, AMD vs NVidia is like AK vs. AR, there are pros and cons to both.

You would enjoy Sup Forums a lot, they have constant threads about which is better.

US sabotage us thats why we cant grew up as a country
mexican goverment is just a puppet from the wh*te house

they dont have cia

lmao

Thank you Finland for Linux. I use it everyday at home and at work and even in my pocket.

Honestly as an AMD user, I dont mind admitting Nvidia cards as the true powerhouse of the GPU's and I've only ever bought AMD cards and CPU's because here in Australia, Nvidia and Intel are fucken jewboys who charge ridiculous prices

Finland did bought Soviet/Russian equipment.

>tfw too broke to get a firearm
im gonna be toast when shit hits the fan huh?

Can't you take some shitty 100$ gun?

Nah, just go to the gun nut guy you know when shit hits the fans, they'll be overjoyed to have you.

The best option at a low price range is this ugly bulky piece of shit that I wouldn't be able to carry or not make a fool out of myself unless my first name was jamal

Can't you find a used klok for 150-200? I don't particularly like kloks, but they're reliable and proven.

You mean Sweden right?

Again. Fennoswede.

Then thanks Sweden too.

No need to thank Sweden, they have nothing whatsoever to do with fennoswedes.

aigggghh aighhh aighh. im tryna thank my niggas in finland for making the sauna. that shits TIGHT boiiii. also my snownigs in f-land, yall know that you MUST get out of the sauna and jump all up in that cold shower to get that blood circulating.