How can anyone feel sad about people they've never met?

how can anyone feel sad about people they've never met?

how can you be "sad" about people you didn't even know existed dying on the news?

you can sympathize somewhat because they should share some similarity to people you already know, but you're just mourning dead fantasy warped versions of people you already know

enlighten me, Sup Forums

Attached: analysis-of-peer-reviewed-literature-768.jpg (768x432, 111K)

News stories provide you with images and audio of a scene and these are 100x more powerful than someone simply telling you about something.

If 9/11 had happened and there was no footage of people wounded/dead/walking around in dust/blood etc and also audio of people recounting the events then it wouldn't have the same impact as someone simply telling you it happened and many died.

The more detailed something is the more you can relate to it, or imagine yourself being in that situation. Emotions are shared. Your subconcious takes in what is happening and most people would start to feel a change because of it.

>how can anyone feel sad about people they've never met?
It's called empathy. Lack of empathy is diagnostic for spectrum ailments.

>sociopath detected

aww crap, im screwed.

This implies a rudimentary amount of humanity, something completely lost on Sup Forums especially. I'm not OP but I appreciate your post.

they don't, they are just virtue signalling

Attached: 1569246331202.png (1080x1350, 796K)

Who gives a fuck about anyone, including the people you know?
Fuck them and fuck everyone else, if they aren't me I don't give a fuck.

Should you not be in bed? School in the morning.

It's sort of like, you putting yourself in their shoes, or if you imagine that they have daughters and sons who will be sad that they're gone, or lovers, which some of them undoubtedly do, then it seems more close to you that that person dying is sad. Or that they were a really kind person that did a lot of good things, like rescuing kittens, or helping at school fundraisers, or that kind of shit, making the world a better place...

I mean, it's true that they could have just been an awful shitbag the deserved to die, and no one will miss, but, statistically, those people are a smaller portion of the population...

Most of Sup Forums is just shitty edge lords trying to out do each other because they are anonymous. If you met them in real life they dont actually believe the shit they spout.

Attached: 1569889324371.jpg (1045x1622, 287K)

It's been a deathly curiosity of mine to be able to see who posts what on this board. Like, there's only so little I wouldn't trade for that ability.

Memorable quotes from people inside WTC working such as "I hate my job, I just rather hang myself in my office".
"Nothing but another meaningless life as a business suit pretending to have a purpose."
"I could use a new mug, one that says, I'm not dead inside"
"I wonder if it would hurt if I jumped out this window right now"
"How can I stay motivated when I don't have any reason to live except to feed the unrelentingly emptiness in my chest."
"Why can't we just have vents that we can slide down instead of having to walk 100 flights to our cars everyday."
"God I hate walking to my car, I wish my office wasn't so high, if only there was some kind of net that I could jump into."
"I bet you never saw a manilla colored airplane this high before."
"This job sucks someone please blow up this building"
"This cubicle is the lamest shit, I'm probably better off dead instead of being an office slave"

>If 9/11 had happened

It's called not being a sociopath and having a stable mental health condition you fucking autist.

You can walk downtown and find someone who was directly/indirectly affected by the twin towers being attacked and killing literally thousands. Though I'm sure going outside is not your strong suit.

This was the shortest, simplest and most accurate response you will get in this thread, OP.

Everyone that was old enough to rememeber that day in America can probably tell you where they were when they first heard about it. This was the first time since the Revolutionary war that we were (fuck off conspiracy theorists) attacked by another entity on our own soil. We had no idea what was happening and all we literally saw were human beings being forced to choose to die in a fire or jump out the window from 50 stories up after hearing reports that terrorists attacked NYC. No one knew if it was done, if there were other targets, nothing. When the literal dust settled and the hysteria calmed down, we still saw the footage ocer and over again of innocent people dying. Kind of slapped all of us in the face and made us realize that any one of us could be next, because at the time, it was entirely in the realm of possibility.

Mental illness.

Stay brainwashed kiddo. Most ppls emotions are based on what society tells them to feel

U don't seem so stable....

Fucking thank you.

A lot of people confuse sympathy with empathy. Sympathy is being able to understand, even if you've never been through it yourself. For example, losing w child must be heart breaking, but I don't have kids so I have no idea. Empathy is knowing that pain and relating. For example, I may not know what it feels like to lose a child, but my dad died when I was 18. I know what it feels like to lose someone you love.

People wear their heart on their sleeve and end up hurt. Bottle that shit up bro. World's a scary place. Don't let it get to you l.

OP here. something being memorable does not necesarily mean it is sad.

again, when you think you are sad for strangers you just found out existed, you are choosing to feel sad over people made up by your imagination

Keep telling yourself that you disgusting autistic sociopath

It's not the act of feeling sad, it's feeling sympathy for those that lost loved ones in something they couldn't control. If you're lacking sympathy in a situation like that, you might be a Sociopath.

ok, but your sympathy isn't directed at anything concrete

This is where my pointing out to the previous user come into play.

In a more simple context, if you can't have feelings for others regardless of your previous knowledge of their existence, you are missing a pretty important function in your brain that makes you more "human."

WTF do you mean anything concrete, the majority of stable people can feel some level of sympathy for those that lost their lives on 9/11. That's plenty concrete.

the only good that comes from making yourself feel anything from these type of events is that we take action to prevent them from happening

We use the phrase "what if it was YOUR kids?" because we know we can convince people using their own selfish wants.

Jesus, I'm sure you already know the answer to this yet you ask anyways to seem cool and different.

"something you didn't know existed now no longer exists"

how is that statement sad?

because we're not niggers who lack abstract thinking, or autists that lack abstract thinking, or kike sociopaths who lack abstract thinking

no, I'm just a critical thinker

It's not sad per say but it's lacking context.

so, abstract thinking makes you sad?

> abstract thinking
> implying "in your own mind"
> creates sadness
> out of choice

No that's Sociopathic thinking, not critical thinking. You lack Sympathy. Do you torture animals as well?

I view the world as we are all one, it's just energy. We're all connected. So I can feel bad if something happens to someone even if I don't know them, because it's a loss to the world and we are the world.

On the flip side, I don't view death as particularly horrible (other than missing your dead loved ones) because again, energy, cycle of life, etc.

You're not much of a critical thinker if you have to ask something so simple. What's critical about you is your apparent lack of emotion.

One word: Empathy.

You clearly lack it.

It's the circumstances surrounding their deaths that make them sad duh. Death itself is often sad but between 97 yr old man dying of old age and plane full of innocent people dying it's obvious which one would leave more impact and is thus sad or sadder

I can't.

OP here. logically, it doesn't make sense

you are made to create fictional people in your mind to represent these real-life people who died

you end up feeling sad about your ideas of who these people were, constructed from parts of what know of other people

you are sad because of an idea

the imaginary friends you created and killed at the moment you hear "x amount of people died" for the sole purpose of representing x people... THOSE deaths are the ones you feel sad about

because we are scared of it happening to us you fucking autists

How can anyone really be far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

I dunno but it just happens

this
You generalized my statement for yourself and still chose to put quotations around it as if I actually said that. Don't do that in the real world or you'll look suuuper stupid.

Honestly, if you don't understand several people contextualizing having empathy at this point, you never well. I can't speak for everyone, but most people in this thread share the commonality of empathy and what it means. You are the outlier. Congratulations, you are different. Not that you have the power to care, but I feel sorry for you.

>How can anyone really be far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Nigger what, lol

It’s called empathy. Right, many of you fucks don’t have it. One of the problems of the latest generation. Imagine loosing whatever you value most and nobody giving a fuck. That’s lack of empathy. Can you force people to feel? Maybe. Take away the reasons to not “have” to feel.

you really have no reason to feel any sympathy for these people you have never seen. its not that you are heartless, you just have no emotional attachment to them which is normal

Attached: 1558057908487.png (2048x1373, 1.28M)

You don't know anyone. Your mom probably has fantasized about getting railed by a gang of niggers. You dad has probably jerked it to your little sister's sexy selfies. Your best friend is probably a serial killer. And none of them know that you blow your own goddamn dog on the daily.

So since you don't know anyone and no one knows you no one should be sad for anyone. Except for your dog, cause he's not into that faggot shit.

Attached: d70dd69.png (601x439, 112K)

have you even been on Sup Forums???????????

Uh.......pearl harbor.

Serial killers like you can't understand empathy. Oh....and what is your full name and date of birth?

It's built into humans it's allowed us to create societies you stupid fuck. Not ou r fault your defective

What do you think about movies? Do you feel anything? Or do you just sit and think this is a movie full of actors why should I laugh, cry, or be scared by some fake scenario full of people I don't know pretending to be characters?

I don't even feel anything for the ones I do know.

you're such a little bitch kill yourself

We are annoyingmouse we are no forgivness we r india posting, join the poo army, sex with indian on voicechat
discord gg\WCAEUk

Sup Forums_hacks: WhiW

We are annoyingmouse we are no forgivness we r india posting, join the poo army, sex with indian on voicechat
discord gg\WCAEUk

Sup Forums_hacks: XyEF

Where do you think you are?

discord gg\WCAEUk

Sup Forums_hacks: nqvg

discord gg\WCAEUk

Sup Forums_hacks: pjmv

discord gg\WCAEUk

Sup Forums_hacks: gOLg

discord gg\WCAEUk

Sup Forums_hacks: iRua

discord gg\WCAEUk

Sup Forums_hacks: TmVW

discord gg\WCAEUk

Sup Forums_hacks: nuBY

discord gg\WCAEUk

Sup Forums_hacks: AMYY

discord gg\WCAEUk

Sup Forums_hacks: OuwW

discord gg\WCAEUk

Sup Forums_hacks: YsgA

discord gg\WCAEUk

Sup Forums_hacks: yZyw

discord gg\WCAEUk

Sup Forums_hacks: wCIF

discord gg\WCAEUk

Sup Forums_hacks: rQrs

discord gg\WCAEUk

Sup Forums_hacks: vuaT

discord gg\WCAEUk

Sup Forums_hacks: KksP

You want to know how the human mind works so of all the resources available to you on the internet, you come to Sup Forums?

This decision reveals that even if someone answered your question, you clearly would not be capable of understanding it.

discord gg\WCAEUk

Sup Forums_hacks: iLvY

discord gg\WCAEUk

Sup Forums_hacks: dHnm

discord gg\WCAEUk

Sup Forums_hacks: poop

discord gg\WCAEUk

Sup Forums_hacks: GONZ

discord gg\WCAEUk

Sup Forums_hacks: DgWm

/thread

discord gg\WCAEUk

Sup Forums_hacks: Fcoa

discord gg\WCAEUk

Sup Forums_hacks: nwBM

discord gg\WCAEUk

Sup Forums_hacks: dkxp

discord gg\WCAEUk

Sup Forums_hacks: UrBS

discord gg\WCAEUk

Sup Forums_hacks: uqfa

discord gg\WCAEUk

Sup Forums_hacks: WOpw

discord gg\WCAEUk

Sup Forums_hacks: mzoj

discord gg\WCAEUk

Sup Forums_hacks: Lruf

discord gg\WCAEUk

Sup Forums_hacks: lurP