Will this movie display the courage and pride of Great Britain?

Will this movie display the courage and pride of Great Britain?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastemagazine.com/articles/2017/03/christopher-nolans-dunkirk-receives-a-pg-13-rating.html
classification.gov.au/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It'll have Spitfires in it so a bunch of old British tofts will pay to see it

Not with a PG-13 rating, it won't.

Am I being rused?

Nope, was confirmed like last week

There having been confirmed extras fitted with French uniform, so at least there seems to be an intent of showing the French holding off the Germans while the British escape.

>War is hell, and for many filmmakers, depicting hell requires an R rating. This has been the case for a good number of history’s most acclaimed war movies, from Apocalypse Now, Platoon and Full Metal Jacket to Saving Private Ryan, Letters from Iwo Jima andThe Hurt Locker. Christopher Nolan’s Dunkirk won’t be joining that list, however, for the film has just been slapped with a PG-13 rating for “intense war experience and language.”

>Whether this decision to cut back on the customary use of graphic carnage within war movies was more Nolan’s idea or the studio’s is unclear. The tamer MPAA designation could be the result of the filmmaker’s propensity for the cerebral over the visceral, or it could merely be the product of studio execs wanting to reach the largest movie-going demographic with their latest high-profile release (or both). Regardless, the challenge of delivering on the promise of an “intense war experience” from within the flimsy walls of a PG-13 rating is a fascinating one, and if anyone could flourish under such restrictions, it would be Christopher Nolan. From The Prestige to The Dark Knight, Nolan’s PG-13 pictures have repeatedly surpassed most R-rated films in intensity.

>News of Dunkirk’s rating follows last month’s report that the director will be complicating traditional narrative structures by telling his story from three different points of view. Between these two latest developments, it looks like Dunkirk won’t be an ordinary war movie. Naturally, we are more excited than ever.

pastemagazine.com/articles/2017/03/christopher-nolans-dunkirk-receives-a-pg-13-rating.html

I don't know. Are you?

10/10 troll good work user

Jesus Christ these ratings are a joke.

No but it's got Tom Hardy flying a plane so I'll go see it.

The Australian classification system is much superior, the MPAA could learn from it

How so?

There's no confusion with regards to restricting content.

The MA15+ rating makes it explicitly clear that you won't be allowed to enter a cinema or rent/purchase a movie unless you can provide ID (school ID or otherwise) proving that you're older than 15. No exceptions.

Same with the R18+ rating

classification.gov.au/

OH BOY ANOTHER MUH NAZIES ARE BAD LOL

Why are Americans so dumb

More importantly will it show the frogs as the dumb cowards that they are?

>war movie
>12 age rating
lol

>OH BOY ANOTHER MUH NAZIES ARE BAD LOL

the Nazis literally let the Brits tuck tail and run tho

Well how else is Nolan going to get Directioners to watch his movie?

THIS. Also I think it's less conservative, or it at least seems that way. Logan was R in America but only MA15+ here.

That's probably exactly what it is sadly.

>Guess IMDB rating for Dunkirk.

I think it will start at 9 regardless of how good/bad the film it is, and eventually drop to 8.6, in first 30 of top250, alongside Interstellar.

>inb4 imbd ratings are retarded. I know they are.

Is it going to be a modern take on Brexit?
Coward britcucks escaping on their own while leaving all the others alone to fight?

>MUH NAZIES ARE BAD LOL

Well nazis kinda were so...

No.

>In one of the most widely debated decisions of the war, the Germans halted their advance on Dunkirk. Contrary to popular belief, what became known as the "Halt Order" did not originate with Adolf Hitler. Field Marshals Gerd von Rundstedt and Günther von Kluge suggested that the German forces around the Dunkirk pocket should cease their advance on the port and consolidate, to avoid an Allied breakout. Hitler sanctioned the order on 24 May with the support of the Oberkommando der Wehrmacht (OKW). The army was to halt for three days, which gave the Allies sufficient time to organise the Dunkirk evacuation and build a defensive line.

>t.the tv told me that they were evil

It's PG-13 so all the teenage girls can see their One Direction idol Harry Styles.

Err, are you with me or against me on what I'm saying though?

>the courage and pride of Great Britain

O I AM LAFFIN

I don't care anymore, posting Dunkirk memes.

>the only shot of Tom Hardy in the trailer is him, in a plane, putting on a mask

What did Nolan mean by this?

hes /ourguy/

No one cared who he was until he put on the mask

Again a WW2 west front movie. I wish he chose to make a WW1 movie, it's a perfect opportunity with it's anniversary...

to be fair to Rundstedt, Kluge, and Hitler, the German forces at the time were in no way able to destroy such a densely packek force without suffering pretty significant casualties
>germans had marched through france in unbelievable time
>troops were exhausted from having limited hours of sleep through the whole month
>supply lines stretched and not firmly established yet
>panzers kept rushing ahead of infantry, leaving forces in disarray
>panders, supply trucks, etc in desperate need of repair
Then Georing came in and said he could destroy them with the Luftwaffe, and Hitler listened to the fat heroin addict.

> holding off the Germans
The Germans halted anyway.

As a german: I fucking hate Hollywood!

Fight what? Nationalism, tradition, pride, white birth rates? They're doing just fine at destroying those in the EU. Cucks don't cut forge their own path despite threats all around, cucks stay and quiver with the others, seems you want Britain to be a cuck because its masculinity scares you.

As a Nazi I fucking hate Hollywood!

TWOOO NILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!

And then renewed their attack, when it became obvious that Stuka strafing accomplished little, throughout which the French held them off for two days.

If we stand up for ourselves, we're Nazis, if we become as "tolerant and loving" as "liberal" arseholes say we should be, we're cucks. Meanwhile half the world speaks our language, you're welcome.

>a movie about how brits literally dropped their weapons and crowded onto anything that could float to flee the oncoming germans
Sure. If you consider leaving the french to get their asses fucking into the 16th dimension brave.

Here user.

What will be the new baneposting?

>Germany literally let us escape
proof that Jerry was and has always been retarded

Dunkirk was a fuck up on the French end. Only happened because they are incompetent.

Anyway, not every film has to be American tier propaganda fest. It's possible to just tell a story without rewriting history.

Germany always wanted England as an ally and they knew trying to setup any kind of land invasion would be a logistical nightmare.

FOUR (4!) WORLD CUPS!!!

>be allies to the French
>easily as guilty in letting your joint forces be encircled
>then conspire to evacuate your forces by not attending the meeting between Weygand and Leopold II so that you don't have to plan a counter-attackwith your allies
>"muhh French did this"
I see.

you voted for trump didnt you

>Well nazis kinda were so...
They were morally superior to the eternal anglo and the communist jews.

>It's another anglo-jewish propaganda film.
Can't we have a single year without it?

>giving The Dark Knight a 6
u wat

>the courage and pride of Great Britain
>Run away and hide on their Island the entire war
>Germany tries to offer peace the entire war because they wanna deal with the commies that would have overrun Europe
>ANGLOS ALLY WITH THE COMMIES because being butthurt about Germany is one of their national sports
>Proceed to bomb the only hope for western civilization and europe into dust.

And here we are.

Great Britain and Northern Ireland* you uncultured swine.

Wow, this totally is real.

>Run away and hide on their Island the entire war

Except for in the Burma, North Africa, Middlle East and western Front.

>Germany tries to offer peace the entire war because they wanna deal with the commies that would have overrun Europe

Germany had already broken every treaty Britain gave them.

>ANGLOS ALLY WITH THE COMMIES because being butthurt about Germany is one of their national sports

It's almost like they don't want to ally with a manlet who wants to genocide slavs and end democracy.

>Proceed to bomb the only hope for western civilization and europe into dust.
Good. Fuck Germany.

You mean by this that?

CRASHING THIS PLANE

>Its the fault of the French that my country left thousands of weapons and abandon all reason and left them to die

that's the british way
fuck up and run away and hope your colonies and ex-colonies can fix your mess later on
proceed to act as if it's your merit

The rating makes sense in terms of the story, he doesn't want to make a yet another Saving Private Ryan.

Some excerpts from an extensive Dunkirk interview:

>(Smile.) Do not repeat it to the studio: it will be my most experimental film. By far. I preferred to make a sensory, almost experimental movie. Without dialogue. The soldiers have no history - at least I don’t tell it. Most of the crew didn’t understand why I was screening them The Wages of Fear. But it was the one that made the most sense. Which talks about mechanics, procedure and physical difficulties. I rewatched Pickpoket and Un condamné à mort s’est échappé, just for that. Bresson details everything, creates suspense with details.

>[Saving Private] Ryan is a film about the body, blood, fear of being dismembered. Fear is physical. Steven was able to create a visceral intensity of the experience of war. Dunkirk doesn’t play in the same category. It’s a movie with suspense and a race against time.

>It isn’t by accident that Heart of Darkness by Conrad is one of my favorite novels. It’s the purest form of geography and storytelling. Conrad never repeats himself, he sinks gradually into the depths of the human mind. Is it an inward journey or a trip out of oneself ? That’s the real question Conrad is asking. And 2001! And Dante! How to tell the trip ? This is the main question of cinema. Dunkirk speaks about a very special place that evokes the Bible squarely. In May 1940, the English were the Jews driven out of Egypt and driven back by the Red Sea. And in a Judeo-Christian civilization it adds a very strong level of mythology.

Britain's courage and pride was asking big Daddy America for help

>It is cowardly to ask for allied support

its almost like war is a complex series of geo political interactions as opposed to a school fight

Anyone got the twitter caps of confiscated british weapons?