What was your favorite movie from last year?

What was your favorite movie from last year?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Qemb3iBlp1o
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

BvS obviously

everybody wants some!!!

Hacksaw Ridge

Captain Fantastic, closely followed by Moana

Nocturnal Animals

Marvel's Captain AmericaMan Part III: The Dispute of Ideologies On National Security and Subsequent Squabble feat. Robert Downey jr

Definitely Manchester by the Sea.

I watched it 3 times already and I love it even more with every viewing.
God tier writing and performances. And even though it's heavy drama, it's one of the funniest films of recent times, genuinely funny situational humor that doesn’t break the tone at all.

The Witch was great too.

explain yourself

BvS

Your Mom x Big Black Bulls XTREME

La La Land unironically

What's with the part of her brother who keep staring at her tits?

Whats' the purpose of those scene.

Manchester was a lot better movie than LLL and probably Moonlight too.
Definitely the movie I recommended to my normie friends when they asked which one of the oscar ones to watch
For example Moonlight also was a great movie, but it never gives you a moment for laughing, when Manchester finds humour even in the grimest situations.

to explain why he was lured by the attractive witch. He was at that age

Rogue One.
Everything from when the destroyers crash into each other onward is just fucking perfect. Score is beautiful.
youtube.com/watch?v=Qemb3iBlp1o
Film handled a female lead and diversity perfectly, didn't call attention to it, made it feel natural and didn't overhype/overpower Jyn and was never afraid to make her flawed.

Magic/Witchcraft doesn't need any explanation.

Having humor doesn’t make a film automatically better.

Though I agree that it's a better film.

>Everything from when the destroyers crash into each other onward is just fucking perfect

That scene was so ridiculous, like Star Destroyers are made out of cardboard or something.

thats your opinion and not the consensus, as someone asked why

Silence was my favourite film from last year. Would even rank it in my top 5 Scorsese films I loved it that much. Easily the most overlooked and underrated film of last year.

Enjoyed Manchester by the Sea a lot more than I thought I would. The trailer made it look a lot more "Oscar Movie" than it actually is. Really good characters and natural performances.

And ofc The Witch was great as well.

bump