You all fell for one of the biggest lies regarding human health

You all fell for one of the biggest lies regarding human health.

Smoking, what was once common pastime, is in truth not a considerable health risk for any problem or illness. The number of smokers who have diseases is astronomically small compared to smokers who do not. The U.S. government and incompetent scientists have all fed the human populace these insane lies that have zero evidence. Where else have you heard that smoking and secondhand smoke is bad for you outside of government information and jargon obsessed scientists who just throw a bunch of vague words and platitudes around? People who have studied tobacco for decades objectively know it's not really bad for you.

Other urls found in this thread:

iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/lung-capacity-smoker-vs-non-smoker/
smokescreens.org/chemistry.htm
sott.net/article/256364-Does-cigarette-smoking-really-cause-heart-disease
canadafreepress.com/2006/klaus061206.htm
longecity.org/forum/topic/38868-smoking-is-good-for-you/
nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/copd/am-i-at-risk/
tobaccoanalysis.blogspot.com/?m=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

and how many smokers develope lung cancer?

OP literal retard

Most smokers in their 40s start getting a really nasty sounding cough and say they can't start running because of their habit?
Is this healthy user?
I just quit because i'm trying to get in better shape (requires some form of cardio)

So am I just fuckin stupid or are you stupid?

Except if you don't smoke your likelihood of getting lung cancer are almost 10x slimmer

have fun going blind, losing your teeth, and not being able to find your way to the hospital when your heart fails thanks to your smoking habit

You like smoking. We get it.

Mike Pence, get off Sup Forums.

There are more non smokers with lung cancer because they get affected by second hand smoking, which is more harmful than smoking a cigarette.

SAvaGE goes in the Optionfield

yeah OP you're right.

government warnings concerning smoking are so vehement they far outweigh the risk of actual cancer. They are in fact politically and financially motivated-- nothing to do with health.

I don't smoke-- but I have nothing against it.

I have great cardio and I smoke. Your problem is the burgers, stupid fatty

iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/lung-capacity-smoker-vs-non-smoker/

Another lie is that cancers are not different, there is no difference between breast, lung throat etc cancers...other than its location in one's body.

The only bullshit about smoking is "second-hand smoke" which is completely made up.

And then there's this gook fucking faggot, who's almost as much of a faggot as OP.

I want every proud smoker ITT to post a vocaroo of themselves reading the first paragraph of Fahrenheit 451 and we'll see for ourselves just how squeaky clean those lungs are.

>Japanese man thinking smoking is bad

How can this be?

>secondhand smoke affects non smokers

It's actually genetics, radon gas, and car pollution. Secondhand smoke is harmless.

smokescreens.org/chemistry.htm

holy haha that source

Lol no

Smoker here. My great-grandfather lived to 87, and he smoked 20 a day, since he was 17 and drafted in WW2.

Partially true. While cancers do end up being the same multiplying, self-destructive force they are on a genetic level, they have different rates of metastasis and symptoms depending on where they are located. Testicular cancer, for example, is a whole lot more survivable than pancreatic cancer due to the presence of symptoms like swelling, lower back pain, and so forth. It's a bit disingenuous to say that cancers aren't different since their location and their corresponding symptoms are more than enough to categorize and focus on, not to mention the tissue in which they take residence in as well.

Sure thing buddy, keep breathing in all that smoke and see how you turn out.

He's right.

But also there's one single fact that makes all of this irrelevant shilling from every angle involved:

Marijuana smokers have never once in the long history of man developed Lung cancer. I wonder why that is...?

That's a hoax, it's actually a lung blackened by coal.

I don't care if smoking is as healthy as eating broccoli, fuck paying $7 a pack. What does that add up to over the course of a month? A year? What a goddamn waste of money. Smoking and the lottery is for dumb, poor people with no control.

If you think inhaling smoke of any kind is not a completely retarded idea, you are a dead-cunt.

>shilling for the Tobacco lobby on Sup Forums

kys

indeed, those vehement warnings alone could give you a heart attack.

You will only get cancer if you are genetically predispositioned to get cancer. Cancer is just cells mutating wrongly due to a low pH blood level. Too acidic blood. You will not get cancer if you drink sodium bicarbonate (a base+alkaline) daily.

Thats like $3000 almost. Thats a brand new gaming computer. Smokers are cucks.

Welp. thats it then, guess I'm now a #CamelJockey

Prove that any of that happens. You can't.

sott.net/article/256364-Does-cigarette-smoking-really-cause-heart-disease

Smoking is bad for your health, everyone knows this. It is made seem like that if you smoke one cigarette that you will instantly get 10 different cancers, get addicted on the spot and you get robbed of all your money. Maybe its better that way.
I smoke every summer because I find it incredibly relaxing during summers, but I dont smoke during other seasons. I know its still very bad for me, but like every adult on this planet, I have the right to be a dumbass and destroy my body.

All this scaring about smoking makes me wonder though. My grandma has smoked since she was like 15 and shes now 18. Apparently not a day without a cigarette. Then again she smokes like 3-5 times a day, but still. Odd that she is still in good health, good genes I guess.

Listen to this guy. He sounds like a doctor

Smoking a couple cigs a day is fine. No noticeable health effects were found in smokers that smoked 3 or less a day. Pack a day smokers are fucking their health up because they can't enjoy it in moderation.

>Marijuana smokers have never once in the long history of man developed Lung cancer.

LoL wut?

Lay off the dope, weedman

Wouldn't be surprised if this is how the Chinese businessmen are able to defend their pollution.

I saved up for $3000 of gaming pc parts, by reducing smoking down to 2-3 a day, with nicotine patches. (on neetbux)

>tobacco making another thread
Just fuck off.

I think like 20%, but 90% get emphysema.

That's what masturbation does you idiot. Plus you grow hair on your knuckles.

Complete waste of money and hygiene.

He watched Darker Than Black and believed it.

Actually more smokers die from heart attacks (or heart issues in general) than die from lung cancer.

>$7 a pack

$12 minimum here.

>Marijuana smokers have never once in the long history of man developed Lung cancer. I wonder why that is...?

[Citation Needed]

i used to smoke hookah 2x a week and i felt like my allergies and lungs were in constant hell

quit and within a month felt like i was given a second chance at life

Smoking tobacco or marijuana isn't that bad for you. The whole lung cancer/disease connection was an example of correlation not implying causation.

>financially motivated
How? If the number of smokers comes down, the government loses a lot in taxes. Who benefits?

Citation needed

>body has a blood pH range within 7.35 and 7.45
>stomach literally made of acid
>DON'T EVEN LOOK AT A LEMON YOU WILL DIE BECAUSE OF PH

Makes u think...

This. Every smoker I've ever been around always had that smoky smell on them, even the lighter ones. The heavier smokers always had worse teeth and bad breath too.

""""redpilled"""" smoker logic:

>"Mmm yeah I just love breathing in all of these mysterious chemicals none of which I truly understand the effects of"
>FLUORIDE? IN MY WATER? NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

>Smoking...isn't that bad for you
How did you come to the conclusion that breathing any smoke isn't bad for you?

>cigarettes cause cancer
>not the fact that 90% of shit people eat and drink comes in plastic

I've been dmoking hookah 2x a day for a year and i didn't feel any different than when i wasn't smoking anything at all. Now I'm back to not smoking and again i don't feel any different

The anti-smoking lobby and people who want to lame thugs on smoking without seeing the real issues.

Also, people who want to sue tobacco companies. The lawyer lobby is pretty huge.

I'm off, but could be half.

Many of those chemicals are found in everyday air and home products. That's just high school cartoon posters in the hallway.

All I'd like to say is that they lie about your chances of getting lung cancer when you stop smoking.

My grandfather stopped smoking when my sister and I were born. He died last year from lung cancer. He had quit smoking for over 19 years, and still managed to get lung cancer out of the blue, and died within 3 months.

Don't believe their lies.

Oh? But were they found in the air of pre-smoking civilizations?

>The anti-smoking lobby and people who want to lame thugs on smoking without seeing the real issues.
How do they benefit?
Goddamn, you're a stupid shill.

Tobacco is a pathetic new world indian habit.

And now that I think about it, there is nothing more pathetic than a European hundreds of years later claiming its traditional. How ultimately sad.

seriously I never thought someone from Japan would be against smoking. I thought people loved that shit more than The UK.

Nuclear testing 1054 nuclear bombs blown up in the US 219 of those were atmospheric and somehow I should be worried about smoking. We are all ready fucked with all the radioactive particles blowin around.

see guys threads like that make Sup Forums look the dumbest of all the internet

thats not true at all, a lot of pot smokers also smoke other things, smoking anything isnt good for your lungs or heart, but pot is significantly less harmful.

I don't think anyone has ever been diagnosed with cancer as a direct result of smoking pot, which is what you were trying to say.

>Pence gets the nod and immediately the /x/tards come out of the woodwork to conspiracy away his dumbass views

When will Sup Forums learn that they're enabling the worst board on Sup Forums?

$7 a packet???????? Holy crap that's cheap! It was probably that price here way back in the 90s maybe even 80s.. Im a slave to the tobacco and don't give a shit. Non smokers and smokers in my family die of/ get cancer, heart attacks and stroke or dementia. It's genetic. Obviously not helping myself but I'm not bothered. I resepect non smoker's so never smoke around them and hate ciggi butts on the ground so dispose of mine how you should.

are you dumb?

canadafreepress.com/2006/klaus061206.htm

My entire family works in medicine and the very first thing I was ever taught, before how sex worked or why the sky was blue or why my brotyher is such an asshole, was not to smoke. I was told I could do anything else, as long as I didn't smoke. When I got old enough to ask why, they didn't just tell me, they dragged me into a hospital and showed me.
It destroys every part of your body, not just your lungs. Stop smoking as fast as possible.

as a smoker of 8 years i completely agree with this, its just a waste of money and makes you short of breath when you shouldnt be. Overall wouldn't recommend starting, but also wouldnt worry about doing it.

>wikipedia

Smoker here. This is true 100%.
The tar in the smoke sticks to the face and hands. I always wash my face and hands before going into meetings or enclosed areas where I'll be working with colleagues for this reason.
Honestly, it's obviously bad for you, but I'd wager that some people are simply more prone to the development of cancers than are others. My gpa had lung cancer from cigarettes though so I know I'm fucked, but I have inheritable alzheimers to deal with along with a plethora of other diseases too so I don't particularly care.

Lie or not it saved me from a $8/pack addiction.

>any person posting with a particular flag is automatically representative of their entire country
You've been here (or Sup Forums) too long m8. That or autism.

OP is correct, for once. Smoking is bad for you, but only in that it SLIGHTLY increases your risk for heart disease and lung cancer. Most life-long smokers will never suffer a smoking-related illness.

Maybe now, I smoke as well and it's been like 6 years and I'm beginning to feel the degrade in my cardio. Been trying to quit unsuccessfully, been a few weeks on and off latley. rambled a bit, but the point is that it will catch up to you

I am a smoker and under no delusions that it's not bad for me, but have some of this.

the only family member I have that smokes is my 90 year old grandfather who has smoked a pack a day for 75 years.

the only person I have known that has died of lung cancer was a teacher I had in school, who was a 45 year old non smoker when he died.

That isn't true though.

This entire thread dispels it.

Ignore the red text at the top.

longecity.org/forum/topic/38868-smoking-is-good-for-you/

I worked as a nursing assistant. Three of my aunts that smoked. One died of lung cancer and two from COPD. I worked with a guy that smoked a lot. I can hear his lungs screaming at me when he breaths. I assume he is going to drown to death without being in water.

Half of Japanese dudes smoke. It's still pretty socially acceptable over there. Was just surprised is all.

>tfw premium cigar smoker
>constantly get lumped in with the addicted cigarette tweaker crowd
>oh you smoke user you need to give it up you will get so much cancer and your breath smells bad and you won't be able to stop soon and and and
Bitch I smoke two a week during the summer because it's a relaxing thing to do. Relaxing with a cigar on the porch with a cold beer is perfect.

>ignores the multiple citations provided by the article

Because your bosses at Tobacco Co.: shilling division told you japs love smoking? Dumbass

Do you think it better to learn Russian or Japanese?

>2016
>not smoking so you can live as a skeleton not remembering your name
>not wanting to leave this planet before Muhammad makes you bend the knee
>thinking your not going to get cancer anyway

>falling for the nicotine jew

Lmao do they print these labels on cigarette boxes just for the fuck of it ?

You cited family members as an example of "smoking related" disease. COPD is actually genetic.

nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/copd/am-i-at-risk/

The number of lung cancer sufferers who smoke is irrelevant.

It's the number of smokers with lung cancer that you need to look at.

You know, if this wasn't a drive by trolling of course.

>My grandma has smoked since she was like 15 and shes now 18
underageb&

>government studies and mainstream pop science that distort information

Even ex tobacco control activists admit that stuff's usually bullshit

tobaccoanalysis.blogspot.com/?m=1

>nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/copd/am-i-at-risk/

>Smoking is the most common cause of COPD-it accounts for as many as nine out of ten COPD-related deaths.

Did you read?

According to OP smoking has no negative health effects. All negative effects of smoking are made uo by the evil anti-smoking lobby.

>they get affected by second hand smoking, which is more harmful than smoking a cigarette.

Can we just nuke Japan again, please

Russian desu could come in handy

1/5th of all lung cancer can be attributed to one source of shit and the latter 80% is all sorts of different shit? thats pretty significant

There was always the smoke user. People cooked by fire in enclosed spaces. They heated their homes with fire. They lit their rooms with candles. The smoke has always been with us.

medical student here

I distinctly remember one lecture we had with a top tier pulmonologist, a professor of european renown.

He basically said the media are overblowing smoking way out of proportion to the point where its retarded.

Yes smoking will kill you if you smoke 30 years, a pack each day because this greatly ups the risk of cancer. You need SUSTAINED smoking to do damage overtime. Some smokers will never get sick and live to be 90 regardless.

A pregnant woman could probably smoke a pack and the baby would still be okay, the key word is sustained here. People are fucking retarded.

You are too if you think smoking is neutral btw.