Portugal

We're not begin'!

>diesel
>a fucking ramp
vs.
>nuclear powered
>catapult

France by far.

Britain is a rotting shithole the minute you step outside of London. France actually has infrastructure, whereas Britain has slow, outdated railways and garbage motorways.

Macron is doing not terribly so far, so France right now

Get a load of this muppet

I have only been to Paris. I was actually really impressed by the urbanity of such an old city.

>Britain is a rotting shithole the minute you step outside of London

Yet every brit i've seen says the exact opposite

because he's obviously larping

Of course they say that. Brits are even more delusional than Americans are. Just visit both and see.

France has:
>TGV fucking everywhere
>Excellent motorways,
>A fully-funded healthcare system
>A diversified economy with lots of industry, and tons of tourism.

Britain has:
>Slow, outdated, privatized railways that cost more than flying.
>Shitty motorways
>No industry whatsoever. The only real economic engine is finance in London, which is all going to Paris and Frankfurt post-Brexit.
>NHS on deathwatch thanks to the Tories.

jew

Nice observations there you fat ox

You guys are the ones beholden to (((international finance))).

>You guys are the ones beholden to (((international finance))).

Wow I really triggered you guys. It's constructive criticism.

France but both are shitholes that make the rest of western Europe look bad

which girl is more beautiful?

I think they are just about equal

France has a much better quality of life for the average person

Not him but you're clearly full of it and it adds nothing to the thread

France

Physical shape?
Brits are rather fat bastards, but nowhere near you sweeties :)

That actually score within 3 or 4 places of eachother on most metrics related to quality of life. Though the Brits are almost always the ones on top and are significantly higher on sone key ones like safety and happiness. The French do live a year longer though.

I'll try and be fair and impartial...

UK is far too centralised. Much of our GDP is focused in London and our growth is disproportionately from London. There are some rumblings to address this by building a "Northern Powerhouse" by combining areas with a population of 10m+ together with better infrastructure. These areas are actually quite close together, but geographically are split by the Pennines which run between the built-up, industrialised regions of Lancashire and Yorkshire. Whether this will actually happen is yet to be seen, it is mostly talk as things stand. France is also a very centralised country, statistically I believe Paris is a bigger chunk of France's GDP than London is of the UK's. If there are calls for decentralisation in France or regional development, I don't know. French bros on here would have to answer.

The UK has since Thatcher had a reputation of being pro-business and finance. France has struggled to be seen the same. It has a larger public sector, higher taxes, stricter labour regulations and problems with industrial action. This is something that has for the past few decades benefited the UK when it comes to attracting foreign investment. The UK is a massive receiver of foreign direct investment, the 2nd largest recipient in the world, attracting just under twice as much as France. I am led to believe Macron wants to address many of the problems that face France in regards to a large public sector and uncompetitive labour laws.

Brexit is obviously a big factor here. The UK is leaving the EU, France is still firmly in it. Brexit so far seems to have damaged confidence in the UK and the £, but hasn't been the disaster that was forecast. The economy here is still growing, but I think the UK and probably most of the world is due a recession. Going forward though the UK may become far less attractive for that lucrative foreign investment if it finds itself outside the European single market and lacking any decent trading position. France could increase its share of investment if it plays its cards right.

>Northern Powerhouse
It's so daft... we had a Northern powerhouse, it was called Birmingham until it was ruined by terrible state planning

Wasn't Birmingham deemed too successful back in the days of state planning? Lots of car manufacturing.

Yes exactly, it was punished for being too successful. I think some of their motivations were sincere, you know, it's easy to snipe far from hindsight but it's still quite mind-boggling to think of Brum that way.
>Birmingham itself was second only to London for the creation of new jobs between 1951 and 1961. Unemployment in Birmingham between 1948 and 1966 rarely exceeded 1%, and only exceeded 2% in one year. By 1961 household incomes in the West Midlands were 13% above the national average, exceeding even than those of London and the South East.
>Up until the 1930s it had been a basic assumption of Birmingham's leaders that their role was to encourage the city's growth. Post-war national governments, however, saw Birmingham's accelerating economic success as a damaging influence on the stagnating economies of the North of England, Scotland and Wales, and saw its physical expansion as a threat to its surrounding areas – "from Westminster's point of view was too large, too prosperous, and had to be held in check".
They dispersed Birmingham's industry then banned office development so they couldn't expand into the tertiary sectors. After that it was just a very slow death as it gave way to London.

I personally like France's shape better but to each his own I suppose.

Sad. I hope Birmz can come back with a bang. We have a few decent population centres in the UK, just none other than London are big enough to compete as global hubs. But they are comparable to decent European cities.

Nice photoshopped flags lmao. Going by sports it's obviously Britain who is in better shape.

Oh god the spic has shown up to defend his latin brothers.

Don't forget the most important thing in that the UK has by far the largest creative industry in Europe, and one of the largest in the world. We create, Europe stifles.

Same deal with France. Most economies are situated in certain point. For example, America's economy is situated in New York and (now) Silicon Valley. With some places acting as secondary hubs.

Yeah, because they're not fat cunts.

France has no industry mate. They're all second-rate.

Also France is at around 100% debt per GDP, so there infrastructure expenditure comes at a cost.

Britain has 89% debt/gdp ratio. Wow big difference. France has higher productivity, income equality, and disposable income.

France also has a smaller economy which is where this pointless conversation should've ended to begin with

France is even more centralized than the U.K. is no? The entire country is focused on Paris