name a great moment in sports history

protip: you can't

28-3

Today

got you covered my man

3-1 warriors collapse

Brock Lesner ends the streak

>name a great moment in sports history

So you're saying there has never been a great moment in the history of sports?

This is some next level contrarian posting

That's not what he was trying to say but he'd be right if it was

Nothing can possibly ever top the true Chad of the NFL beating the Cheatriots twice.

Today
73-9, 4-1
18-1
I dunno OP, I can think of a lot of great moments, do I have to list them all?

>you will never be NFL champions 3 years in a row

This

Based

Run my life pls mr. Starr

3-0 2004 redsox comeback over Yankees is objectively better.

If that were for a championship, sure, but I just don't think it stacks up.

A great moment to be sure.

Fucking THIS

>chad of the nfl
>not potato of the nfl

that CHAD gaze makes my anus opens like an automatic door in a mall

>goal line w best rb in the league
>pass
>lose

>expecting goodell to let saxonville win
kek

The Minnesota Miracle(tm)

>potato
>the only gatekeeper against Brady
pick one

Lol pats fans get so butthurt when you remind them of 18-1.

Also 4th and 2

you don't understand the magnitude of that comeback as it relates to baseball then

>six outs away from being swept by your most hated rivals after just being beyond-BTFO at your home field
>up against the greatest closer of all-time
>rally from down a run on back-to-back nights against said closer
>game 6 starter's ankle is literally held together with stitches and painkillers, still manages to tame the other team
>game 7 is a glorious blowout in your rivals' home stadium
very few sports moments come close to the end of that game 7 (or the game 4 of that WS)

7-1

>inb4 not a sport

I don't like soccer either but it was the world cup and the host country who actually had a chance to win got embarassed. I think it was bigger than 18-1

trips lie, 18-1 is a stale meme only relevant because it's literally what caused the birth of Sup Forums.

Nah they're 1 and 1a in terms of comebacks in American sports history. Hard to argue one over the other.

rebirth because sp existed before but was filled with soccer shit so moot shut it down

2004 red sox were hanging by a thread, lebron had a 1-game advantage in his comeback but it WAS against >73-9, whereas that Yankees team was really good but not quite up there with the GOAT baseball teams. whichever sport one prefers stilts one's opinion I guess

When the US beat the commines in 1980
When the Red Sox finally won it all after 86 years of failure.
When Jesse Owens took a huge dump all over Hitler's Olympics

>cheatriots were literally unstoppable
>got beat by a wild card team
this meme can never get stale it's just too good

>two quarters and some change of dead air
>a good superbowl
Comeback suck. I get exactly why it's impressive but it was only a contest for half the game and that's fucking boring.
The best Patriots Owl that they won was beating the greatest show on turf.

Istanbul 2005
Agüero

Actual great moments in a sport that isn’t only watched by a single country.

/thread

Leicester

>If that were for a championship, sure
>ALCS
>C

I forget what that stands for, too.

How the fuck do Americans enjoy these scripted games?
They could've at least be embarassed and ignore the fact that they took place

Liverpool vs Arsenal, 1st Div 1988-89
Man United vs Bayern Munich, UEFA CL 1999 final
Istanbul, UEFA CL 2005 final
Kimi Räikkönen, F1 2007
Japan vs South Africa, RWC 2015
Leicester, PL 2015-16

There are many but these are the ones that I can think of offhand.

In all honesty, I don't think Mineiraço was bigger than 18-1.

Now Maracanaço, that's a different story. Much bigger than 18-1 for sure.

The Germans still won the most golds in 1936 and Owens got more respect from Hitler than from his own country so I wouldn't say he took a huge dump over it.

I do agree the other 2 are correct.

If you can't outlast your opponent's fightback, you don't deserve to win. If your lead wasn't large enough at half time? Too bad then, you should've stretched your lead more in the 1st half.

is that a gay pride flag?

This, you can't be called the GOAT if you were given two chances to beat Captain Autism as he helmed the USS Worst Team to Ever Make the Superb Owl, Twice. Yes The 2nd Team Was Even Worse Than 18-1.

And this was when he was still cheating by tampering with equipment.

>birth of Sup Forums
Newfag, detected, as expected he'd cheer for a cheater team.

>starter's ankle
I remember when shilling put ketchup on his sox to make it look like he was a tough guy. I wasn't impressed.

I lean toward 3-1 Warriors/Cavs, but I don't think anyone would be crazy to point to this Sox/Yanks series

Pats beating the Seacucks is their best owl

7-1 was pretty epic

Federer - Murray at Wimbledon a few years ago in an absolute marathon of a match.

The Golden State Warriors unironically broke the NBA regular season record with 73 wins, came back from a 3-1 deficit against the Oklahoma City Thunder, gained a 3-1 lead on the Cleveland Cavaliers in the NBA Finals, and then lost 3 games in a row and did not win the championship. Stephen Curry unironically won unanimous MVP, back to back MVPs, and exclaimed "We not goin' home!" during a game, before being blocked by LeBron James a record 7 times in one series and indeed going home. Klay Thompson unironically said in a post game interview after going up 3-1 that basketball "is a man's game" and LeBron James "got his feelings hurt", LeBron proceeded to average 36pts/12ast/10reb and won the next 3 games and the championship. Draymond Green unironically avoided suspension for kicking Steven Adams in the balls twice, then STILL continued to play dirty and finally got suspended during the most important series of his life and ultimately cost his team its once historic and now infamous season. These things all actually happened, the thoughts of this reality stay with me at all times. I go to sleep at night looking up at the stars, wondering what celestial being aligned the universe in such a way to make an event as amazing as this occur. I wake up smiling every morning knowing that the Warriors genuinely went 73-9 and choked a 3-1 lead in the Finals. That even if time is a nonlinear fourth dimension, going to back to stop it from happening will simply create another universe where it happens again. That the state of ass-blastedness emanating from the city of Oakland is eternal and infinite, it crosses countless dimensions of the multiverse and its unending torment knows no bounds. I gaze into the endless cosmic wonders around me, still in disbelief that it actually happened, but knowing that my purpose in life was to be born just in time to see LeGod get one for da land.