Will we ever have another Senna?

Will we ever have another Senna?
youtube.com/watch?v=ttwM2W7M9pk

What happened to our drivers? Why can't we produce other guys like Senna, Piquet or Fittipaldi anymore? It isn't like driving got harder... It actually got easier and we actually got richer since their times. So I don't understand.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-tdkyq6OTEY
youtube.com/watch?v=DN3mRBOAH8Y
youtube.com/watch?v=2rTLs4NluQQ
autosport.com/other/feature/7173/why-motorsport-is-harder-than-ever
formula1.com/en/latest/features/2016/2/are-today_s-f1-cars-easier-to-drive-than-those-from-previous-era.html
youtube.com/watch?v=vGph7PNTinQ
youtube.com/watch?v=aO7sU956mIg
youtube.com/watch?v=zJFOwK_z2XA
youtube.com/watch?v=zS0plyYIG6Y
youtube.com/watch?v=izRwQgBPkGo
youtube.com/watch?v=myaEBjK67k0
youtube.com/watch?v=scHdhnqO3Nc
youtube.com/watch?v=uZlOIIIA3co
youtube.com/watch?v=Tt7FxXy_rwQ
youtube.com/watch?v=vkPvLubnmWA
youtube.com/watch?v=dJx2DwTA5AU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>another Senna
but there is

By we I meant our country

why are there so many good race car drivers out of brazil? i keep seeing fellow amerimutt faggots meme that everyone there is poor. racing is expensive

t. hoping christian fittipaldi wins at the daytona 24

what's Massa doing this year?

retiring probably

he's joining Stock Car Brasil, which is 10x better than F1

youtube.com/watch?v=-tdkyq6OTEY

Is it fair to compare Senna, Fangio, Fittipaldi, Villeneuve, Prost, etc to modern post-Schumi drivers? I'm tired of hearing that some driver is "good sure, but nobody ever came close to Fangio/Senna".

who needs F1 snoozefest when we have based Formula Truck?

youtube.com/watch?v=DN3mRBOAH8Y

He's from the same continent at least

>le ultra contrarian opinion that no respectable analyst agrees with

>be senna
>crash to rival at high speed in last round to win championship
>people elevate you to legend status
>be vettel
>crash to rival at low speed
>be considered scum of the earth

Prost did the same to him the year before, filthy moor.

kek

i'm surprised America doesn't have something like this

Matheus Leist is the next Senna

*sigh*

I had to drop kart racing at 12 when my dad's elec contractor firm went bankrupt. Shit's expensive af. Many talents lost, competitive racing is weaponized autism, and Brazil have plenty of this

Driving is a lot more difficult than back then.

Brazil may be richer, but the rich people in Brazil are now paying 120% income tax and trying to protect what little they have left from gangs of niggers.

Another overrated psychopath suicidal monkey?

He isn't, he's just gonna do one race.

We ain't hit UK levels yet Nigel, stop projecting.

Because motorsports aren't popular around here, you idiot. It's the same reason we don't ever produce great players in nearly every sport: nobody gives a shit about anything but football. It's only natural we don't have exceptional drivers anymore. What you should be asking yourself is why are we good at volleyball when we also don't give a shit for it and why are we progressively becoming worse at football when 99% of our children play it.

Your children learn to play on their neighbor's corrugated iron roof. Grass confuses them when they finally get to it.

>Because motorsports aren't popular around here, you idiot.

youtube.com/watch?v=2rTLs4NluQQ

You have to be 18 to post on this board

>Because motorsports aren't popular around here, you idiot.

Wrong, it's popular as fuck and there's several smaller championships countrywide, i even participated in some. The thing is the media here doesn't give a shit about motorsports to the point that they were the ones who killed Copersucar-Fittipaldi.

That doesn't prove anything; people only cared because he was a champion. The same thing happened with World Superbikes and Carl Fogarty here - when Foggy stopped racing, the avergae bong stopped caring.

I didn't even open your link but I'm assuming it's something about Senna like his funeral or whatever. Yeah, if you can't even tell how out of the curve his case was I'm guessing you're the one below 18. He was only so popular because we needed a hero, something to inspire us when the country was diving headfirst into hell. Being great obviously helped, but it was Senna who was popular, not the sport.

No, it's not popular at all. If you ask 1000 brazilians if they play football at least 900 of them will say they do and they watch it regularly. If you ask them if they ever practiced motorsports at any level you'll get 1 if you're lucky. Ask them if they watch any category of motorsports regularly and at most 10 will say they do. That isn't popular. It's even less popular than basketball. Don't be a retard

Nonsense.

F1 WDCs for Brazil -> 8 - 1972, 1974, 1981, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1990, 1991 - Emerson Fittipaldi (2), Nelson Piquet (3), Ayrton Senna (3)

In the 21st century, when has a British motorcycle racer was a household name?

I'm not the quoted but stop being so dense, F1 in Brazil is not a sport that stand on it's on, brazillians only give a shit when there is one of us close to win the championship.

Was World Superbike the Moto GP of the past? I've never heard of this championship before.

O tempo verbal usado foi infeliz.

>motorsports were popular around here

what's your point? that because we had great drivers before Senna the sport was popular? Look, i'll give you an example you can understand.

Barcelona has 1 Million fans. Messi, one of the greatest of all time, joins them and brings with him 100 million spectators to watch Barcelona for 10 years. Then he retires and Barcelona goes back to having 1 million and a half spectators every match. Did people love Barcelona or did they love Messi? See how simple It is? Now stop pretending you didn't already know it and go act like a retard somewhere else.

>a sport that only needs a sphere is more attended than another sport which requires you a car and money to maintenance

Holy shit user, call Globo now! What a discovery!

You are being the retard here. Champions don't sprout from nowhere. You have to groom a pool of talented children into sunday cups and offer them support and visibility to flourish.

If MotoGP is LMP, World Superbikes is GT.

Driving is not a sport

It is if you're able to turn right.

Lol no

Yes. Back then they were just steering and working the pedals.

Drivers have now got about 100 things to think of and control.

How did we have them in the first place, genius? One of them was winning titles in the 70s already
Piquet and Senna in the 80s and 90s
and Massa almost won one

Can you show me one respected person that agrees with you?

autosport.com/other/feature/7173/why-motorsport-is-harder-than-ever

formula1.com/en/latest/features/2016/2/are-today_s-f1-cars-easier-to-drive-than-those-from-previous-era.html

>On the flip side, Brundle argues the physical challenge presented by the current breed of car is diminished compared to days gone by

>The physical challenge of driving in F1 has probably been on the wane for 30 years

I wanted to read that but it asks for subscription

>Rob Smedley, head of vehicle performance for Williams, argues that modern cars are probably easier to drive than they once were, but balances that by acknowledging car management is becoming more and more complex.

>“These power units are extremely complicated. Just watch the in-car camera to see the messages the drivers get, the amount of management they have to do. From that point of view, they’re probably are a little more difficult to drive - but the cars being easier to control, means they can do that.”

there are dozens of great racing schools for early teens across Europe, some sponsored by F1 teams themselves, Brazil can't compete with just natural talent coming from karting.

>From that point of view, they’re probably are a little more difficult to drive
That's settled then. They are harder to drive today.

No, he said in that aspect only but it starts with
>argues that modern cars are probably easier to drive than they once were

>car management is becoming more and more complex.

so being good at karting has much less carry-over to F1 than it used to have.
Coupled with there's your explanation on why Brazil isn't producing good F1 drivers anymore.

>Quit watching F1 cuz Mercedes Snooze fest
>Watch F:T, Mercedes snooze fest

It's simple. Motorsports boomed here because the trailblazers from the past inspired future generations to get into the sport. Chico Landi inspired Fittipaldi to get into motor racing. Fittipaldi went on to be very successful and inspired another generation to get into the sport.

Then we got Nelson Piquet and he too was very successful. Another generation of young drivers got into the sport and out of it comes Senna. So you have to understand that due to this it was easier than it is now to get big sponsors, especially during the peak Senna years. Motorsport was booming across the country and it got really really close to toppling football as everybodys favourite sport.

The Senna generation, drivers like Barrichello, Tony Kanaan, Helio Castroneves, Felipe Massa and so on, they had the "mission" to replace Senna. This was mostly Barrichello's fault for straight up saying this, but the fact is that every single driver ever since has been compared to Senna, which is very unfair.

Had Senna not died we might have seen another WDC, or maybe Barrichello's career wouldn't be seen in the bad light it is now and the cycle would continue regardless.

Has the average Brazilian heard of Helio Castroneves or Tony Kanaan?

No fuck you

>overrated just because he's quite entertaining to watch

>makes stupid mistakes and crashes his car a lot
youtube.com/watch?v=vGph7PNTinQ
youtube.com/watch?v=aO7sU956mIg
youtube.com/watch?v=zJFOwK_z2XA

>makes stupid mistakes and ruins his own race
youtube.com/watch?v=zS0plyYIG6Y
youtube.com/watch?v=izRwQgBPkGo

>makes stupid decisions that could potentially kill other people
youtube.com/watch?v=myaEBjK67k0
youtube.com/watch?v=scHdhnqO3Nc

>makes up ridiculous conspiracy theories to explain his failure
youtube.com/watch?v=uZlOIIIA3co
youtube.com/watch?v=Tt7FxXy_rwQ

>calls everyone else a cheater even though he was the one throwing other drivers out of the track and cutting the track
youtube.com/watch?v=vkPvLubnmWA

>"le rain master" meme even though Schumacher was clearly better in the rain
youtube.com/watch?v=dJx2DwTA5AU

>dies

>>overrated just because he's quite entertaining to watch

Exactly what Liberty Media needs right now.

>who are amx and ocon

>amx
My brother-in-law. He's a cunt btw, always ruining the family gatherings
>ocon
Who?

>Tony Kanaan
yes

>Helio Castroneves
no

>Nelson Piquet: Today, a half-wit can drive on F1 without knowing how an engine works

"Today on F1, the pilot needs to be fast and not commit mistakes. That's enough. He can come as a half-wit with no knowledge on how a engine works, but if he's fast and doesn't commit mistakes, he does his job."

"A guy could be as talented as it's possible, but if he didn't had mechanical knowledge and helped to develop the car, he would lose too much. You can't put a today's 16 years old on a car from that time, because he wouldn't even know the direction the car would go. If he had money, wouldn't know how to pass the information, and the engineer would not be able to improve the car. We were the link between the car and the engineer. We had to be knowledgeable. Today, he don't have this anymore."

>drivers should be engineers
Utter drivel.

There is no way on Earth Piquet would be able to cope with the tech they have in the cars today and maintain a decent speed.

Yeah, and there's no way Pythagoras would cope with computer moved science today... do you realize how dumb you're being? What makes you think he wouldn't have the intellect to understand "modern stuff" if he was a driver from this generation?
Guys like Piquet and Lauda were notably for developing their cars, they knew if a nut screwed too tight just by the sound of the engine, it gave them a huge edge over the competition.

modern F1 is based on the car's performance, not on the driver's skills
what you want now is a brazilian driver on a rich team like Mercedes

>Yeah, and there's no way Pythagoras would cope with computer moved science today
Probably not.

the anglicANO

Yeah I'm sure one of the most important mathematicians of all time couldn't handle it yet any scrub with a bachelors of science can? Fuck off retard

bc senna won with a medium-tier car, r-right??

take your little horse out of the rain