Now that the dust has settled

Now that the dust has settled,

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-gytw00FtvU?t=43
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This shit deserves a lower score than Iron Fist, the bullshit they pulled with the source material is even worse than DB: Evolution.

It cannot be that bad.

casting

They did a half assed adaptation of an origin story that was already done and they weren't Disney.

Wrong? More like right. Its a win when anime adaptions get terrible reviews. I hope this will be one of the last attempts at live action.

Well the Major didn't have an origin story until one of the recent Arise mangas.

Although that story was cool military shit, unlike this garbage.

I expected worse actually.

Something tells me that all this means is that the budgets for the next one will get slashed. There's still Cowboy bebop, Akira and Battle Angel Alita in the works.

It'll drop another 5-10 percent after this weekend's over when the mainstream sees it.

Say what you want about the Japs, anime and manga should stay in their hands. Hollywood can't even adapt US comics very well (I'm looking at you WB!) so what makes them think they can handle another country's stuff?

The dialogue, from what I heard

The mainstream watches capeshit. I don't know what to expect.

I doubt we'll see those green-lit after this gets trashed.

Yes well if this would make normals hate the movies even more its even better.

Capeshit gets bad reviews when it's poorly written like with the Snyderverse movies.

I'd rather they stop turning animation into live action shit in general. That's not going to happen of course so long as Disney keeps making money by rehashing their old movies.

>compelling central performance from Scarlett Johansson

Sup Forums BLOWN THE FUCK OUT

I thought Sup Forums was expecting ScarJo to carry this turd into not getting completely shit on

They still forcing those masculine badass girl roles to Scarjo.

She ain't a bad actress, she is just wrong for this role in particular.

Just the usual.
Studio hadn1t gave a crap because tought that the fans would anyway but tuned everything down so the "wider audience" can enjoy it too.
In the end it become a crap what neither side can enjoy at all.

Why?

She is not a bad actress, at least, not thet bad, but she doesn't fit for those action girl roles at all.

I don't think an adaptation needs to follow the source material completely to be good, maybe this film is shit for other reasons.

She should have a body like this or even more muscular.
She somehow always give me the impression of a fragile girl.

>name a good film scarlett johanssen has been in

protip, you can't

Manny and Lo

Ghost World.

She should have stayed in drama.

STRONG WOMUN

The Major is supposed to look like a pretty mass-produced doll, not an old Jewess.

Why? If it's all robot underneath then the surface wouldn't matter at all.

Isn't the robot shell made from some sex robot model or something in the anime?

Her

one thing i'll say is that part of the soundtrack sounds like this youtu.be/-gytw00FtvU?t=43 (42 second mark)
And Kenji Kawai's song is in there, in the credits, but the one used for the shelling sequence is actually quite good. It even has similar vocals.
the movie is bad for falling into the typical science fiction evil corp of robocop without the charm. But EVERYTHING ghost in the shell is there and it works. It fucking works. Sure its adapted as a blob from the original 1995 and Kuze's story from SAC 2nd gig. And its actually a really clever to start this as a franchise.

I'll personally compare it to DmC: Devil May Cry
Weebs will cry about it while others accept this existing as its own
Antje Traue would have been a better mayor
peace

25-50% of the rotten reviews seriously talk about "whitewashing" and use that as a negative for the movie.

>trow basket
>sweep leg
>how can he even recover

A robot would still need to have mass and artificial muscles.

Wow this is fucking terrible. This made it into the movie?
Isn't there like a quality checking stage before they put scenes in the final cut?

Another 25% complain about muh original source. I mean I get it, this movie isn't brilliant, but seriously?

When did rt get that bad?

also, the way scarjo walks is so awful lmao

That leg sweep is almost weaker than her punches. She wouldn't budge those guys with that shit. Why does every movie have mandatory scenes where some tiny woman who can't fight knocks out some huge muscular dudes? It's getting old at this point.

And you'd need to be lean for that why exactly?

>Isn't the robot shell made from some sex robot model or something in the anime?

In the manga they explain that her shell is based on a civilian model that looks like a hot teenager. But it has modifications for military use.

But this is how she looks in the manga, she has broad shoulders that makes her look strong and powerful.

The Major always had gave the impression of someone who can kick your ass and is able to handle that bunch of elite soldiers/spies who were served under her both in the manga and in the anime adaptations.
Scarjo in the trailers looked like a scared little girl who has no idea where the fuck she is.

> to start this as a franchise.

Is this the plan of your boss? It just keeps getting worse...

Major a cute.

Damn, it's like a fucking comedy.

Ironically the Western adaptation is sexist by treating the Major as a weakling simply because she is a woman.

Yeah why isn't she played by somebody that looks like that? WTF such a bad cast.

>it's going even lower

WTF I love critics now.

there's a reason I compare it to DmC: Devil May Cry

Do you really think it's a good idea to compare it to a bastard child that killed its franchise?

it was shit

She just simply disbelieveable in her role as a comander of a special force.
>Baaaw! I'm a scared little girl who always doubting in herself but I am still a high-ranked official who is in charge of th most important counter-intelligence missions.

If they wanted that they should just have turned her into a rookie, but that also means hiring a younger actress that looks like a rookie.

She can't act, but the role is too complex for most Hollywood actresses. They didn't even thin about that for a second,

Are you talking about the GitS movie or DmC?

whats going on? the head page shows pic related at 54% but this shows 57%

Whitewashing apparently, both according to reviews and Sup Forums

GitS is probably gonna be fine. It's not the first time they make a bad version of it.

Who'd you've cast instead?

>whats going on? the head page shows pic related at 54% but this shows 57%

Sometimes the page doesn't update right away. RT gets a bit broken when adding new reviews.

Arise OVAs never happened. SAC is fine.

Oh, look. It doesn't have to be CGI to look so unrealistic you have to literally shake the camera so hard the eyes cannot briefly focus on anything.

Roid-pumped body with fake boobs. There should be a thread around here with their giant clits somewhere...

It's going sub 50%. No way can it be that bad if every sjw bait movie can get 75%+ easily?

>Arise OVAs never happened
Nor did the 2nd volume of the manga.

I didn't want a live movie, so no one.
Someone suggested pic related.

That's actually not a bad choice

but she doesn't sell tickets like ScarJo, so it was never going to happen

it was shit

>Battle Angel Alita
BAA is safe if they go for a B slasher film

Alita is probably waiting to see how Taco in the Shell does.

Based on the reviews and user's impressions:
>Origin story that nobody wanted
>Lack of the recurrent themes presented in the movies and series
It seems like its a decent action flick with cool aesthetics but without anything that made the original memorable. Will probably download it when blu ray comes out.

Pretty much spot on, they were so scared of even debating Trans-humanism in the film they tried to cram in like 3-4 other story arcs that went nowhere

>Motoko origin story
>We need Major because she has a Soul unlike AI
>Wait a minute she doesn't want to be an killer robot like an AI? We need to kill her immediately
>We'll dance around the Puppet Master but not actually go anywhere with it

>GiTS
>Doesn't debate trans-humanism

Why the fuck even make the movie if you're gonna carve out the core of it?

UT3 had GOAT Jesper Kyd's soundtrack, it's a shame the rest of the game was shit.

PG13 kill all the chances

It was supposed to be an adult movie.

Not a Disney family action movie

>50% on Rotten Tomatoes
ANIME IS SAVED

REJOICE

Hollywood will leave is alone

>people actually give a shit about review scores

Wait, is it whitewashing if it's a plot point

So is it true the reviewers are just hating on it because they wanna complain about the Major being white?

One thing that's confusing a lot of people is that its an adaptation of Stand Alone Complex with visuals and scenes taken out of the 1995 movie. So yeah of course the story is different, SAC is a much better continuity anyways. Though I wish they went with the Laughing Man instead of Kuze. I don't like how they changed it so where Motoko and Kuze where forced to be cyborgs, in the anime it's something they chose.

With the money they spend making this turd they'd probably be able to finance like 10 animated GitS movies.

As far as RT goes anything above 50% is fine for me.

>above 50%

user...

>above

JUST

Even if it tanks here, we still aren't out of the water. The Chinese could flood to this.

Is this even going to China?

Doubtful. Chinks hate Japs.

Who's "we"? Do we have a financial or emotional interest in the movie succeeding, even if "we" go to it and it is shitty?

Like it's a religion or political party or something.

No

This is just a watered down adaption of something that was overrated to begin with. Whether that's bad from your point of view depends on your standard. Watch the anime film, and if you don't like that, then you really won't like this.

I have an emotional interest in this movie failing.

>I'll personally compare it to DmC: Devil May Cry
>Weebs will cry about it while others accept this existing as its own
except DmC was utter garbage liked by no one.

Lost in Translation, Ghost World, Spongebob, The Captain America movies are good
Wow, only 5

The chinese LOVE anime.

Wrong?

A middling score is perfectly fine for an adaptation of an overrated anime series.

Wow it was in the 70s two days ago now it's 50 lmao

This movie ain't anime.

49% already