Heh

>‘Ghostbusters,’ the bros who hate it and the art of modern misogyny
>It’s not that they hate women, some of the haters will argue.
>Because when women stick to the hater-approved roles — mother, nurse, beauty queen, schoolteacher, model — the misogynists love them.
>What really sets off the haters is when women do things that men have traditionally done: Firefighter, sportswriter, Army Ranger, video game designer, commander-in-chief. Even a made-up occupation — Ghostbuster — is apparently off limits to women.

archive.is/3JuAw

heh

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NBq1-TGgfNo
youtube.com/watch?v=OG83qBuQ_A8
youtube.com/watch?v=aIP73xIAPLU
businessinsider.com/first-women-to-earn-army-ranger-tab-2015-8
wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/104704
independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/how-ghostbusters-landed-its-bill-murray-cameo-a6938566.html
lmgtfy.com/?q=the difference between a ranger tab and a ranger scroll
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

is she getting paid by sony or does she push her own agenda i wonder.

Misogynists neckbeards can't admit that women are just as capable as men. Misogynists hated this movie months before it was even released JUST because women were starring in it

I don't give a fuck

>overlook the technical and design flaws in a movie because some people who complain about it base their complaints on the superficial

No
I like movies where women have played non traditional female roles. However, those movies were not solely based off of 'oh look at me girl power XD.'

Plus, women in movies should be good looking.

>Firefighter, sportswriter, Army Ranger, video game designer, commander-in-chief
ONE OF THOSE IS NOT LIKE THE OTHER

I love when shit like this happens. Because you can tell who has been paid off by SONY.

I completely and utterly don't give a single flying shit about this movie, or what women think.

Watching niggers murder hippy frenchies in the hundreds is way more interesting.

Maybe I just don't want to see a remake of a movie I didn't like, is that so wrong? I just fucking hate people who can't think for one goddamned second that people have motives outside of politics. Jesus Christ.

Is that Stuart from Mad TV?

I've worked with female firefighters, they were fucking useless and couldn't even start the chainsaw to vent the roof. I've fought along side army females, and once again they were fucking useless and had to be carried by the team.
I've seen a woman commander-in-chief, and she buried her country in violent minorities.

Women need to stop trying to be men, they fail every single time.

>shitty literal who actors that only got the parts because they have a vagina
>for a sequel to an amazing movie

GRILLS POWER, MUH PATRIARCHY BTFO

youtube.com/watch?v=NBq1-TGgfNo

im glad that girl got better

>"""journalists""" now use terms like 'haters'
fuck this gay earth

I think it is him.

This reminds me a lot of the game Mass Effect 3, and how it had a really shitty ending. When people complained about it, gaming """""journalists""""" tried to spin it as "GAMERS ARE LE ENTITLED AND SPOILED!". Only this time it's "MOVIE-GOERS ARE LE PREJUDICED AND MISOGYNISTIC!"

youtube.com/watch?v=OG83qBuQ_A8

Here is the author, Petulant Dvorak.

I'd use her funky keyboard, but she seems to have eaten it.

>want to make a cash grab with some old IP
>cast women so people can't criticize it without the media chimping out
>???
>profit
Cast this exact same movie, but with men and it doesn't even get made.

That really started to unravel it, huh? I remember journalists who are all just trying to get better jobs as "community directors" at the companies whose products they review defending that garbage as an artistic design choice.

>sequel
user, i..

marketing

trying to get people to see a shit movie this weekend

It's the first example I can think of where gaming media became actively hostile towards its audience. (There might be older examples, but I can't remember.). There was also that Devil May Cry reboot released early 2013 that got gaming media in full defense force mode.

imma pirate this movie when bluray comes out. then i can officially have an opinion on the movie

and im sure itll be shit

They tried so hard to save this film last second. NBC plasters it all over CNBC when people only tune in for market information. Jimmy Kimmel had an entire episode dedicated to the film.

I wonder what clicked that started them down that path.

Take note, when some feminist project fails, anyone who speaks out is labeled some kind of "bro"

>Clinton is a great candidate! But those mysoginist Bernie-bros disagree.

>Ghostbusters 2016 is a great movie! But those mysoginist Buster-bros disagree.

I wish to be free of this pain.

Harold Ramis must be rolling in his grave right now.

The original ghostbusters has a heart of gold and this movie is a plastic piece of shit. I hope no one recoups a cent off this phony kike bullshit

it 100% is

>I wonder what clicked that started them down that path.

Most probably this.

youtube.com/watch?v=aIP73xIAPLU

>What really sets off the haters is when women do things that men have traditionally done: Firefighter, sportswriter, Army Ranger, video game designer, commander-in-chief.

What men hate is when women claim to be able to do these things when they're incapable of or unwilling to do them. People respect action, not empty words and outright lies. It's like some random slob bragging about how he can climb Mount Everest or win an Olympic gold medal, without actually trying to do it.

And this is why it's so grating to have these idiotic feminist movies where women do things they could never actually do in real life, for the sake of diversity. It's taking credit for something they're not doing, then claiming that's an accurate depiction of reality.

>Firefighter
There are virtually no female firefighters, because they lack both the willingness to become firefighters and the physical strength to become one. Female firefighters generally make up between 1-5% of firefighters in western countries, with the average being roughly 3.5%.

>sportswriter
People don't care about their gender as long as they're competent. People get pissed if women are given the job because of their gender, because they're supposed to fill some kind of gender quota.

>Army Ranger
No woman has managed to pass the requirements for the special forces in any western country, while hundreds of thousands of men have.

>video game designer
Once again something women love to claim to be, yet they never produce anything but extremely casual games with SJW themes. The few competent female game devs do their job, get treated like one of the guys and don't whine about imaginary misogyny.

>commander-in-chief
There has never been a female President, and we're not going to get one anytime soon. Conservative men virtually never criticize female leaders in other western countries either, and are just as willing to vote for them as a man, as long as they represent their views.

Vote with your wallet. Nothing else matters.

Caught a TV spot for ghostbusters, I don't think it even showed anything from the movie

We hate this movie because they changed the characters to something they are not supposed to be it's like remaking Terminator and replacing with Arnie a midget and the turning around calling anyone who doesn't like the movie a bunch of midget haters.

Changing the characters to women does cause a problem but it's not because we hate women it's because they CHANGED THE CHARACTERS and they did it for the sake of political correctness.

If we really hated women why on Earth would go and watch other movies about women. Eg Alien was one of the best movies with a lead women role and Ripley was a great character and no it wasn't anything to do with her looks believe me Sigourney Weaver was not attractive.

I'm so sick of political correctness ruining everything it's just getting stupid now.

Yet no critics point out that the film is blatantly sexist towards men.

Women can't be sexist you see because women can do and say anything they want and get away with it because reasons.

Soooo many double standards.

They really should have gone with a mixed sex team and then treated them all as 'people doing a job' if they wanted to make it more diverse. That's exactly what the tie-in game did, and even though the game itself is crap and the dialogue is riddled with shit like 'making herstory' and 'just like our foremothers' the team feels much more natural than the new film's.

>They really should have gone with a mixed sex team and then treated them all as 'people doing a job' if they wanted to make it more diverse

You see that's the thing 1st off they don't want diversity they want it all their way.

2ndly there should be a need to force any changes on movies for the sake of political correctness.

If they wanna make there own movies with all women no worries and others wanna make movies with all men no worries but we should never force people into changing a movies original plot for political correctness.

It's good to see more people wising up to all the nonsense that's been going on.

I'm sick of the SJW's trying to show PC crap down are throats on everything.

>2ndly there should be a need to force any changes on movies for the sake of political correctness.

>Shouldn't be

Actually a girl i went to high school with is in ranger school rn. She completely earned it, so i have no problem with this one.

I was in this thread. I can't believe it's been a year already.

There is a reason remakes receive criticism like this: Nobody rekmakes a shit movie, remakes only exist for movies where the original was good.

Almost every remake is worse that the original because what led to it being remade is the fact it was so good in the first place, in a bid to pocket more shekels. Nobody is going to remake a ovie that was originally a flop

Mate. I'm telling you, from first hand experience, they can't cope. For one simple reason. There will come a time when a man (100kg+ in gear) will need to be dragged or carried by their mates in combat.

A female cannot do that. If you think that a female can have the strength to lift someone that size, and also have the cardiovascular ability to keep up as well, you are deluded.

wtf i hate free will now

We all know who's to blame for this political correctness epidemic at the moment.

Uni's and Colleges have become nothing more than big day care centers for SJW's and filling their heads with Leftist SJW crap.

Beyonce for president

>Nobody rekmakes a shit movie
The Fly, The Thing, etc.

>the bros who hate it
Is she implying women can't hate it? What a sexist!

We should take all Feminazis, Sjws, BLM Activists, Black Panthers, and Wiggers, and give them a nice shower of Zyklon B.

>Goto Tumblr
>Post "Zomg, feminist/blm/sjw/lgbt/black panther/wigger meeting at Auschwitz"
>Wait until all of the activists entered the shower room
>Crank up the Zyklon B
>???
>Proft!!!
>Internet is better place.

Doesn't the bible warn you of the power hungry lust of women (Eve) and how men (Adam) will always have to like control them?

But nothing would happen.

>You are a misogynist because my arbitrary decision about your ideas and motivations says so!

How about the film is a shitty remake? How about the script isn't good? How about the characters are floppy and one-dimensional? How about endless fucking reboots instead of original ideas? Nope, I'm just a misogynist for not liking what she likes. Well, better cut my cock off and cry myself to sleep for all the rapes I didn't stop...

Yeah, guys have never liked movies with a strong female lead character.

I'd love to see what a female Ranger could do while she's on her period

wew

>Terminator & T2
>Alien & Aliens
>some of the classic action/horror/thriller/sci-fi movies
>both have women as leads, and both are arguably best movies in their genres
>loved and praised by male nerds all over the world
>same male nerd crew is supposedly muh-sorgey-kneeist for disliking SNL-skit tier looking mockery of Ghostbusters

Also these journos don't seem to be capable of keeping their rhetoric straight; are the haters supposedly misogynist dudebros, or are they misogynist neckbeards?

>30th Anniversary of Aliens is Monday.
>Going to see in the theater.
>Fuck ghostbusters

They are KILLING THE GHOSTS. That's right, they no longer capture them, they have all kinds of guns and they are FUCKING KILLING GHOSTS BY SHOOTING THEM IN THE SPOT WHERE A DICK SHOULD BE

>WaPo

Yeah, it's exactly like people have been saying. They made them women to cash in on Third Wave feminism and deflect any criticism at the same time.

They're making Sulu gay for the new "Star Trek". Same idea. If you speak out against it because it's cheap, they'll call you homophobic. Except George Takei already spoke out against it, and he can hardly be called homophobic. Oops! Guess identity politics don't work on someone who grew up under actual hardship!

come back to gloat when you've sold enough tickets to turn a profit.

its looking real bad for you and you've only got 17 hours to pull a miracle.

>watching reaction videos

So far something like two women, both career as fuck, have managed to complete Ranger School.

Soon, they'll force them to water down the reqs for cunts and it'll all be downhill from there.

sounds like a name of an alien and even looks like one.

How so? I'm not going to watch that shitty movie but I'm just curious

>believe me Sigourney Weaver was not attractive.

I wouldn't say she was unattractive, but she wasn't cast for her looks, and the movie certainly didn't try to linger on them. She just looks... normal. There's no obvious agenda behind casting Weaver, except for casting the best person for the role. And that's exactly the way it should be.

It's always kind of weird how these "colourblind" people write roles that are Hispanic, black, etc. etc. before they even started casting. What if someone comes along who just nails it?

>women
>ever having an agenda of their own
come on son.

What a fitting name for this lardgiant. Sounds like some accursed beast that the vikings vowed to remove from the earth.

Funny how many well written female characters there were between the late 70s and the early 90s, and none of them felt like they were forced or idealized. There were some themes that addressed their gender, but there was little feminism to be found and men weren't simply misogynist obstacles for the women to overcome.

>that voice

Welcome back, commander.

>you don't like thing
>thing is made for/by women
>you are sexist
>feminist "logic"

So do they talk about the movie?

All of this could have been avoided if they had just stayed in the kitchen.

Bros before hoes, as they say.

Yes, Michael McDonald. He was also in that movie The Heat with Melissa McCarthy which was directed by Paul Feig

I miss Linda Hamilton as Sarah Connor. Casting Emilia Clarke was a mistake.

>Army Ranger

senpai

businessinsider.com/first-women-to-earn-army-ranger-tab-2015-8

Fucking this.

>Bill Murray
His smile and optimism, gone.

>The Thing was shit

Pleb.

difference between a tab and a scroll numbnuts

I have no idea.

Check Dan Aykroyd, though, goddamn he looks like he's in actual pain.

> the guy from mad about you is the evil corporate scum

This was a "women can kick ass too" movie done RIGHT.

You wanna "empower" women? Make more movies like Aliens.

LOL Paul Reiser

They THREATENED THEM WITH LAWSUITS and possibly worse shit (blackmail? idk what leverage they are implying)

wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/104704

Then they put out bullshit press releases about how Bill Murray joined because he "liked the female cast"

independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/how-ghostbusters-landed-its-bill-murray-cameo-a6938566.html

lmgtfy.com/?q=the difference between a ranger tab and a ranger scroll

Are they insane? There are TONS upon TONS upon TONS of movies with women that do all that stuff. Snipers, firefighters, cops, all female have been done so many times the "tough female" role is a cliché. No one has a problem with those movies.

And games. So many games feature female main characters that slash their way through waves of enemies as well as their male counterparts.

What people HATE is a movie that is badly written with poor acting. The jokes are bland, the characters dull and the type of jokes these women spout out just confirms every stereotype there is about female comedians - they can't make a joke without "lolol tits and dicks xDDDD". And when it isn't about that the delivery is shit.

People hate shit movies that is a waste of time, not female roles.

hey dont be putting gorrilas down like that, last time I checked they are smarter than niggers

This is a great horror movie as well.

Haute Tension is alright as well

Isn't it hilarious that they're trying to market their movie to Ghostbuster fans with a Bill Murray cameo? Where's the gurrl power in that?