Ok let's stop for a moment here

Ok let's stop for a moment here.

Both Japanese LA and Western adaptations of anime have largely been shit. I can only think of a handful of decent ones, and a whole bunch of shit ones.

What anime movie or series do you think would be most easily adapted? What things would be ABSOLUTELY 100% necessary to keep in a translation, and what kind of things don't really matter as much?

I seriously cant believe they made GITS a popcorn action flick.

Cowboy Bebop is a no brainer right now, capitalizing on GOTG and Star wars

That's actually a good point, space is in vogue at least until spaceX blows up another rocket

Similar issues with ghost in the shell though as far as tone and casting though

>Similar issues with ghost in the shell though as far as tone and casting though
How so?

I don't think 1:1 adaptations are ever going to be a good thing.

Inspiration drawn from it is much better. Paprika=Inception, Perfect Blue=Black Swan

Loose adaptations or inspirations will be infinitely better, since nobody will be concerned with any sort of fidelity with the original, and the work could stand on its own.

Anime without explicit Japanese culture or know-how.

Things like psycho pass, cowboy bebop, berserk, hellsing. Problem is often that anime/manga pacing doesn't work as well in movies.

>can't believe that a pleb anime became a pleb flick

Cowboy bebop has introspective and serious moments just like GuyS did, and did it better in my mind I was never very impressed with ghost in the shell

And then they'll probably make everyone white as fuck and then 2 black characters

Faye should be Asian, spike a Jew, ed as ambiguous as possible

Death Note would be easy to adapt without fucking up lol

Berserk would be awesome but they'll probably do attack on titan instead which is fucking dumb

Hellsing we already have, the Kate beckinsale series is close enough

Psycho Pass would be perfect I think

Like he said, Cowboy Bebop. The five episodes that make up the main story can bd easily adapted into a movie. Getting Jet's and Faye's backstories to also fit into a single movie would be kind of hard though. Ed's backstory could be cut out, really.

Space is hardly even a neccessary part of the story, it's just the setting. You can't go into making Bebop thinking 'sci-fi', it's nothing like a typical sci-fi.

Psycho Pass, Monster, Knights of Sidonia.

Black Lagoon would be so easy to adapt I have no fucking clue why nobody has tried.

Girls und Panzer

It would easily be better than the Latina maid revenge ova shit too, Robertas blood trail that's it

Man that was bad I couldn't even finish it

HBO presents:

The Bible Black.

I would do sword art and make it not shit.

I would also do Cyborg 009 and Gigantor.

Genocyber

i think you posted the wrong reaction image plebitor

Sooner or later they'll tackle Evangelion.

no thats exactly my face expression whilst reading your post