What do you honestly think of sushi?

this is our version of sushi

between fries and a hotdog.

Never tasted it, but the majority of people i know say that it tastes glorious.

it's awesome but way to expensive

when I was younger, I disregarded sushi as hipster cuisine.
It's actually really amazing food. I'm glad I gave it a try.

It's okay but popularity has sort of ruined it. Like half of the japanese restaurants in Lisboa are utter shit.

overpriced shit that doesnt taste that good
t. sushi expert yamato-san

any nigiri is good

pretty rubbish desu

glorified sandwich, severely overrated and overpriced

it's literally just some plain ingredients, is ok but not really anything special.

Get a life loser how can you have never tasted Sushi

that's pretty much savage food

I really like it and think it's fascinating to read about. It's a nice neutral topic to take your mind off of your worries. Ramen is similar to it in that way.

Sadly, I have not tried many varieties of sushi. But I could try one it would be funazushi.

Good but way too expensive

it's not bad at all, it's a good way to eat raw fish, and raw fish is healthy

Problem is hipsters ruined many things. They ruined coffee, they ruined the name of 80s Italian horror movies, they're still ruining the name of our beers. Everything these insufferable fembeards touch they ruin.

>Good but way too expensive

Love it desu. It is expensive so poorfags cant experience it.

The sushi they serve at most chink-run Western restaurants has conveyor belt sushi quality at four times what the price would be in Japan

Well Eric, my local supermarket has a sushi stand, where you can try it for free.

I love it, but comped only

sushi is literally conveyor belt burger tier fast food

It's okay, I prefer to eat my fish with flat bread and either sour cream or butter, maybe sprinkle some onion and dill on it.

Where I'm sushi rolls are very much a "city" food.

It's cheap, exotic, ostensibly healthy, and can be eaten while standing up and walking.

Alongside kebabs and burritos, you can find sushi rolls all over the place. The good quality stuff is hard to find, though.

It’s just a vinegar rice. Raw fush ruined it for me.

Really fucking expensive for what it is. I remember some ikura sushi being like ¥500 a piece? Like holy shit, it's just not that good.

well fuck me i'll get my shit together

It's tasty and strangely filling

Delicious, but sushi bars here take advantage of its status as a novel, exotic food to charge way more for it than a typical place in Japan would.

always my last choice of snack

rather go get a snack pack from an arab joint

shut up

This

Expensive and overrated. I've had it on several occasions, and it was between terrible and tolerable. All of my friends swear that I just haven't had the right kind. I think I just don't like cold fish/rice/other shit that they mash up into it.

Joji (the filthy frank guy) said the best sushi in NYC tastes like Japanese train station sushi.

Is that true? Has anyone actually eaten sushi in Japan that was THAT good?

It's hyped

I don't agree - there are good restaurants in NYC with skilled chefs and quality ingredients. Much better than a kaitenzushi-ya or a train station in Japan. But they are very expensive. The stuff you would get at a normal "Japanese" restaurant in NYC for $75 tastes like what you would get for $20 in Japan. And outside of the major urban centers even overpriced mediocrity like that is impossible to find

>what the hell is the rice burrito?

rainbow sushi is my favourite, do they have this in Japan?

It is nice.
Except I don't like them with sauce, like the nearest one on the left. It's fine if it is a bowl of it(鰻魚飯), but sauce ruins the fresh taste of the fishmeat for me.
pic. 鰻魚飯

And you don't want to eat cheap sushi/sashimi. Friend who brings you to cheap sushi/sashimi is either a piece of shit, or he works there.

Yum but I've never eaten resteraunt japanese sushi, it's usually korean/chinese joints that do california-roll type stuff.

I heard lots of fishes are fake in foreign countries.

Never bothered trying it.
Never tried any Asian dish I think.

It's an acquired taste my friend

Korean gimbap made by stealing Japanese sushi is exaggerated.

Overseas sushi is expensive because Chinese and Koreans are fraudulent as they name the Japanese.
Even in Italian restaurants near my house, Israeli people make Italian cuisine and are selling at high prices.

I like them. But I had plenty of them recently. So I wouldn't want them for a while.

Nice. I like localized Sushi from the world. Does it have avocado, egg and meat?

woah never stops being obsessed with korea eh

Breddy good but people rave about it too much

>too many kids in this thread

Sorry, it was

disgusting

It doesn't matter who you were replying.

Seriously can you please stop shitting up int but just go visit a psychiatrist?

more like suSHIT
haha get it
bazinga

ebin :DDDD

Overrated and overpriced, still tasty though

Better than expected, and I really hate anime

Tastes nice but is overrated and overpriced. I would rather have a nice burger desu.

Pretty good. I prefer Chirashi, though simply due to how easy it is to make comparatively.

How much does Chiarashi cost over there?

A friend of mine paid 40€ once here in Rome

>40€
Holy fuck. A bowl like the one I posted is like $7 here. And that's from an authentic Japanese market where they cut up their own fish and is run by old Japanese people who barely speak English. After 5pm it is marked down to $5 too.

The one that my friend ate looked nothing like that though, it was a pretty fancy place (even udon costs 20€) and it also had salmong eggs on it so yeah.

But here in Rome it's either fancy or utter crap. You can find some authentic, not pretentious restaurants in Paris though.

Oh whatever, just noticed that your bowl had eggs too. Must have been the place fanciness then

I don't like sushi, much to my wife's chagrin.

>expensive
No, it's not. Food isn't expensive.

Excuse me what?

It's the Thai place by me that makes sushi, but they make no attempt to hide that they're Thai.
I don't understand how either of my statements were confusing.

Here in Italy the most expensive ones are the authentic ones.

i like it occasionally but the raw fish is not very appealing to me so very little is enough.

Most women love eating sushi. If you invite a woman to eat sushi (ask first if ahe likes it) there is a higher possibility to fuck her dat day

tried it, it was meh, not my stuff
but it was most likely some local declination of it so i cant really say i didnt like it
isnt this a thread for /ck/ tho

Salmon and tuna sushi are great but other ones are garbage

We're talking about eating food from a particular culture, not preparing it.

For students here, It's the better and healthier alternative to McDonalds or Dominos

ck is about food and cooking, not only about preparation (right now it's mostly fast food threads tho but lets ignore that)

I was joking. Deciding whether a thread about sushi belongs on int or ck is like asking whether yoga is exercise or religion.

I love fish, so I gave it a try.

Not for me, but maybe the place where I tried it sucks.

In sushi type, besides well-known Nigiri-zushi (sushi shaped by hand) and Maki-zushi (sushi roll), there are Temaki-zushi, Oshi-zushi, Chirashi-zushi, Inari-zushi, Sake-zushi, Temari-zushi, and others.

And?

So my favorite sushi is a type of Oshi-sushi Battera (vinegar-tightened mackerel).

Nice. I like Battera too. I like sushi of cheap fish or so called Aozakana(blue fish) rather than sushi of luxurious fish for rich people.

I like it if it just some nice salmon on top of some rice Mmmmmmmmmm. Can't go wrong with such a classic food.

They start adding all this crap on the top like weird sprinkles and sauces and stuff and you can't taste the salmon anymore its not as good.

overrated and a bit too expensive, but kinda ok.

It's good for a quick snack.

There is not it in Japan.

I never really liked the taste, but I sometimes eat it for variation.

never tried it and never felt a need to.

Even the Japanese doesn't like foreign fishy sushi.

It's great when comped.

same
or the places are chinese and kind of suck at it
I wish I could do my own sushi thing and nuke them out of the water

I'm pretty sure the lesson is he learned is that hipsters don't actually ruin anything. Just because someone obnoxious likes something, doesn't mean you should have some sort of mental block about liking it too.

I tend not to eat much sushi far inland. But when I go to California or Nevada there is some great sushi.