Post your dream cast, setting, theme, and/or director you fucks

Post your dream cast, setting, theme, and/or director you fucks.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oSl4KX7zBTQ
youtube.com/watch?v=fW85zvk5ciU
sacbee.com/news/politics-government/article2601408.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ed Harris and Josh Brolin in either Texas or the Pacific Northwest

Dave Chappelle and Ryan Gosling
Directed by David Lynch
Texas 1980s

matt damon and mark whalberg in NY/LA

Mads Mikkelsen and Michael Nyqvist
cold ass climate,small town,middle of nowhere in scandinavia

That sounds like Kino.

Jake Gyllenhaal - Joaquin Phoenix

Some backwater shithole

Fincher

Idris Elba, Jon Bernthal
Cambridge, Massachusetts
Wes Anderson

Tim & Eric
Mid-90s Compton riot
Satanic Cult killing under guise of gang violence

Sounds interesting to be honest.

>Wes Anderson

I really don't see the issue. Do you not enjoy the films of Wes Anderson?

Tom Hardy & Gary Oldman investigate brutal murders related to drugs and prostitution in 70's New York, Taxi driver-like atmosphere, directed by Steven Soderbergh.

Of course I do. I just don't see him doing TD.

Walter Goggins, Edward James Olmos, the Ozarks

I'm too much of a pleb to have a real preference for directors

Viggo Mortensen and Thomas Mann, Viggo is playing a grizzled veteran that botched his last few cases and is being put on a dead-end case in the northwest as a form of early retirement. Thomas mann is a young rookie that shows little promise and is being saddled with Viggo's character. The case is about a series of dissapearances with little connective tissue that some of the locals claim to be caused by a strange cult that may have ties to witches.

You people are the fucking worst. They did a cult already. This isnt a paranormal show. Deal with it.

They'll probably do something like this just to hedge against another season 2-like failure.

Has potential, except that Lynch is senile beyond repair.

Sounds like any other generic cop show.

Fincher doesn't exactly thrive on shitholes. Upscale sophisticated intelligentsia is more his thing.

Fuck you

>This isnt a paranormal show
Agreed. Though S2 actually had a couple of supernatural elements, unlike S1.

Tom Hardy and Aidan Gillen
Miami early 1990s
Director: Michael Bay

John Noble, Kevin Carroll
Series of kidnappings in the late 90s
David Fincher

David Duchovny and Michael Fassenbender investigate Latino supremacy groups throughout California directed by Terrance Malick

>Jake Gyllenhaal - Joaquin Phoenix
This

this

All good except for the cult thing. They already did that for s1

Literally who? Except for Jacky Chan. Karate kino.

A detective tries desperately to track down a psycho killer hiding amongst a countless number of other criminals on the street during the NYC blackout of 1977.
Lead actor: Justin Nimmo

>Still not greenlit by HBO

kek Keep dreaming True Detective cucks

I want more cult kino tbqh
Love the satanic cult conspiracy mystery theme.
Not enought shows about that.

Michael Cudlitz and Damian Lewis
directed by Tim Burton
1970s Houston Texas

I can dig New Mexico. I think the show needs a setting where the environment sorta permeates everything. I never saw Season 2, but Season 1 is just so spot on with Louisiana (I was born there and have family in Lafayette, Baton Rouge and Opelousas so I go pretty often), the swamp and the humidity and all that shit just seeps into the rest of the show. I mean I guess you can get that in an urban setting but it's not the same thing.

Michael Richards and Wayne Knight (circa mid 1990s). Their characters in this are loosely based on their Seinfeld roles, Kramer and Newman.

Set somewhere on the east coast, mid-atlantic (New Jersey, eastern Pennsylvania, NYC)

Plot involves the uncovering of a massive conspiracy within the US Postal Service and their conflict with a shadowy underground competitor which delivers "illegitimate mail". The story starts with Wayne Knight as a lowly postal worker who sees something he's not supposed to see behind closed doors. He befriends Michael Richards, a detective, who was originally hired by the USPS to follow Knight and monitor his activities. Richards' character becomes suspicious of the USPS after talking with Knight face-to-face (this is the end of the first episode) and decides to help him. CIA is revealed to be involved later on, along with several revolutionary political groups thought to be inactive since the mid-70s.

Directed by the Coen Brothers

>'I have absolutely 0 personality and can only communicate with Sup Forums buzzwords'

Jake Gyllenhaal as the young ambitious but naive detective and Viggo Mortensen as an old extremely red pilled detective whos fed up with it all.
Set in a small cold town like Manchester by the Sea.
Similar theme of moral ambiguity like in Sicario.
Directed by Ben Wheatley.

Robert Pattinson and Forest Whitaker

Late 70's, investigating a series of killings of young women by hanging in a forest near the Canadian border.

More

Jack o'Connell and Tim Roth
Thames estuary / industrial Essex
directed by Jonathan Glazer

That's pretty good. How about the Idaho Panhandle? Could have injuns and militiamen

>psycho killer
>1977

nice

What's David Milch known for? Pizza's not involved anymore?

Deadwood

Zack braf and shia leabuff
directed by david fincher

After the slaying of a teen rapper, Chicago detectives (Keanu Reeves and Jon Huertas) investigate a street kingpin turned record label mogul played by Lawrence Gilliard Jr. Reeves must cope with the loss of his wife, while Huertas fights an uphill battle to escape his history as a corrupt plant for the SD gang in Chicago's Little Village neughborhood. Directed by Nicolas Winding Refn.

>Idaho Panhandle
Love it.

Minnesota not Scandinavia and you have perfect season 3

I'd like to see Iain Glen play a detective.

Don't know what his character would be like though

Fincher directs.

Detectives are Kerry Washington, Christoph Waltz and Matt LeBlanc cast against type.

Killers are David Lynch and his son Michael Fassbender

It's set in a Qatar shipping yard where South Africans Lynch and Fassbender are skimming people out of the mass Subcontinental modern slavery market to use in some old African magic shit they picked up in their ultra-right-wing satanist Boer community. Matt LeBlanc is a corrupt shipping bureaucrat who turns a blind eye to human trafficking but eventually is against them being deliberately burnt alive to attempt to achieve immortality. Kerry Washington is a SA lawyer who is investigating a shipping company working in Qatar, her fetish is being raped by white men. Waltz is a drunken lunatic detective who is largely fed up with having to try at work but is a savant. He rapes Kerry Washington and it all goes well for both of them.

Dancy instead of Nyqvist.
Add a competent writer/director.
Just continue Hannibal.

pls

Kevin Spacey and Gary Oldman
90's Michigan/Rust Belt, investigating a series of missing persons in a rough industrial area
Director David Cronenerg

Michael Madsen and Mads Mikkelson are detectives.

Steve Buscemi is the killer

The victims are all cast members from iCarly.

It's set in Amarillo.

Director is Cronenberg.

John Carpenter might fit this better seeing as Cronenberg kind of went rogue after his Viggo years.

Cronenbergmind

Aidan Gillen and Tom Hardy are the detectives
Alon Abutbul is the killer
Small town in Scotland
Directed by Wes Anderson

Minnesota is way too south. You want the very dark and depressing look that Scandinavia gets in the winter.

- Romain Duris
- Peter Sarsgaard
- Basque Country

Carpenter would work too

Killer is an accordionist former communist bomb-maker.

How about they replicate the American replication of S1 of The Killing, but with more famous actors and a big-name director.

>Rooney Mara and Crispin Glover as the detectives
>Peter Greenaway directs
>Instead of setting in Seattle, set it farther west in the Forks/LaPush rurality

Guy Pearce and Eric Bana are the detectives
Geoffrey Rush is the police chief
Hugo Weaving is the killer
Set in the Outback
Music by Nick Cave and Warren Ellis
Written by Nick Cave
Directed by John Hillcoat and produced by Peter Weir
Theme: youtube.com/watch?v=oSl4KX7zBTQ
Theme

STOP THE PRESSES

Shia Lebouf
Karl Pilkington
Director: Vincent Gallo

Are you niggas serious. Wes Anderson would take it in such a new direction it would be a different show. I am not sying it would be bad, but it would in no way be True Detective if it's a hokey show about two detectives living up to the memory of their fathers who were excellent detectives in that precinct before them, shaking off suspicions of nepotism and coming to terms with the death of their mothers who died whilst driving together during an illicit lesbian affair. He would probably make them carry comedic large magnifying glasses.

Steve Buscemi and Will Forte
current day Los Angeles, West Hollywood area
Directed by David Mackenzie

>CIA, Bane, Dr Pavel and Wes
>not a meme post

Lee Pace and John C. McGinley are Federal Forest Rangers in a secluded mountainous region. They receive a report of some group poaching and since they are Federal fucking police they just waltz on up an run into some fucked up shit. They have authority to enforce federal and state laws within National Park Service sites. So they could be inventive with the whole situation. Drug trafficking, murders, religious nuts, backwoods hicks, maybe be a Northern version of Sicario.

We /region/ now

Thomas Kretschmann and Daniel Bruhl as the detectives
Udo Kier as the chief
Jurgen Prochnow as the killer
Nastassja Kinski as the mayor of a small former East German town where the crime spree happens
Werner Herzog directing
Music by Popol Vuh

Niiiice - this is good stuff, friend.

Isn't Moloch basically season 2?

Is that the owl where the Bushes burn pretend sacrifices?

Wanted to do one for France but the frogs were ahead of the curve for once

Jesus is he? Missed that. Explain, friendo.

the guy who wrote hell of high water has a movie that's essentially this coming out soon. elizabeth olsen is in it.

If you mean Wind River it got good ratings at Sundance and it has Jeremy Renner in it. Seems like a winner to me.

Sam Rockwell and Michael B Jordan as the detectives

Takes place in an auto plant in Ohio.

John Goodman, Morgan Freeman, Mark Ruffalo as supporting characters, employees at the plant suspected of murdering a female line worker.

Don't know who directs it

Theme song would be this or some variation of it:
youtube.com/watch?v=fW85zvk5ciU

Between ETA, Syria, IRA and FLNC there's some good potential tbhfam.

yeah, that's it.

So it's basically that idea with Jeremy Renner and Elizabeth Olsen instead of Lee Pace and John C McGinley.

Gael Garcia Bernal and Raul Arevalo as the policemen
Luis Tosar as a serial rapist and Sergi Lopez as a former Basque terrorist
Bayona directs
Set near the French Border, either in Catalona or Basque Country
Music by Goblin

This will make me want to kill myself.

That would be the point if you want Herzog at the helm.

Oh shit thanks for the heads up user. I'll keep an eye on it.

Idris Elba and Morgan Freeman
set in Downtown Jamaica
Killer is a black man that is being forced to do it by the Ku Klux Klan.

Viggo Mortessen, Mads Mikkelsen, DDL
A port town somewhere in the North Sea, moody and bleak where there are many Scandinavian fishing boats thus explaining the accents

Na Hong-Jin as director

Season One was based on a real story:

Season Two was based on a real story

I want Season Three or Four to be based on this real story: sacbee.com/news/politics-government/article2601408.html

Sam Rockwell
Michael Shannon
Small town with strong mormonic community
Murder of a popular high school girl
Murder of a popular girl

Kevin McKidd & Ray Stevenson
Hong Kong
1990s

>Season One was based on a real story:
>
>Season Two was based on a real story

source me please
not being obnoxious genuinely curious

needs more jews

but pizzagate etc type of plot would be fucking cool.

Hiroyuki Sanada as a Japanese detective and Viggo Mortensen as a US MP that team up to solve a string of murders in and outside the US base at Okinawa
John Goodman as commander of the base
Takeshi Kitano as the Japanese attache at the base
Tadanobu Asano and Ben Mendelsohn as the two suspects
Joint directing effort by Takashi Miike and David Mckenzie, with Ridley Scott and Takeshi Kitano producing
Music by Johann Johannson

DDL plays an unscrupulous detective who has 15 days to discover which man ( Mads or Viggo ) killed a women. He uncovers a much thicker plot of human trafficking and must uncover the truth before they are allowed to walk and sail away

I love the combo of Rooney Mara and Crispin Glover, holy shit can you imagine? but it would have to be a ROMANTIC COMEDY

>hong kong 1990's
>no mention of Tony Leung

I like the Rome pairing but kys

I like your thinking - at least an accidental romantic comedy.

Charles Dance as Gaunt, Paddy Considine as Corbec, Ian Holm as Doc Dorden, Karl Urban as Hark

Directed by Neil Marshall

I don't know your chink actors, you gook. Respond to me again and I'll powerbomb you into the next century.