ITT: Stephen King books that deserve their own adaptations

ITT: Stephen King books that deserve their own adaptations

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dedication_(short_story)
bookzz.org/book/245509/fcf593
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

a better interpretation of dolans cadillac as we got would be nice.
also, hbo miniseries of the stand.
and last but not least a good and really dark adaption of the long walk.

Bachman's books were always better than Stephen King's

There is a Desperation adaptation with Ron Perlman.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dedication_(short_story)

Has there ever been another piece of media like The Regulators? It's a pretty unique premise.

Was the regulators the one with the aspie kid and the cartoon death squad vans?

I always get those 2 confused.

Yeah. Actually now that I think of it, it would work fucking great as a Tarantino movie.

The Long Walk:
One hundred teenage boys participate in an annual walking contest called "The Long Walk" or just "The Walk". Each contestant, called a "Walker", must maintain a speed of at least four miles per hour; if he drops below that speed for 30 seconds, he receives a verbal warning. A Walker who slows down again after receiving three warnings is shot dead by soldiers riding in half-tracks along the roadside. Walkers may be shot immediately for certain serious violations, such as trying to leave the road or attacking the half-track, and are given warnings for minor violations such as interfering with one another. A Walker clears one warning for every hour that he stays above the minimum speed. There is no established finish line, and the Walk does not pause for any reason, ending only when one last Walker is left alive. The winner receives "The Prize": anything he wants for the rest of his life.

Came here to post this

Kino book

What's the tweest?

Anybody ever watch this?

Main character goes insane at the end

The winner is a guy in a wheel chair that just wants to walk.

No twist at all. Guys get tired and die. Not even a novel; its a short story you can read inside of an hour.
I highly recommend this story. Linked here:
bookzz.org/book/245509/fcf593

this nigga knows whats up

man the long walk a real running man adaptation and road work would be awesome

such a weird one to try and adapt

There aren't people I hate more than bookfags
"ooga booga I read 5 books this week, books are better than books huur duur I love literature "
get fucked bunch of cucks

Hey nigger

*books are better than movies*
shit this fuckers make me go mad

nah dude, you're just illiterate.

> this fuckers make me go mad
Its actually "These fuckers make me go mad" which you would know if you werent a borderline illiterate son of a bitch. Read a book.

It sounds like a variatiob of the Twilight Zone episode with the omnipotent kid

Wait, why would someone who reads 5 books a week say ooga booga?

>typing mistake
>"you're so dumb go read a book"

I bet I can beat you intellectually speaking because my knowledge allows to speak more than 3 languages
How many do you speak braindead asshole?

Its not a typo. You used the wrong. No need to be so reluctant to education.

>Like a less elaborate Hunger Games, The Long Walk sees one hundred boys participate in an event in which they must walk with a pace over 4mph, without rest or eating anything beyond basic rations. If they slow down they get a warning. If they get three warning’s they’re shot. They’ll keep walking until there is only one left, who will be given everything he wants for the rest of his life. Friendships and rivalries are formed as the walk progresses and rules are broken. Frank Darabont (The Walking Dead) owns the rights but hasn’t done anything with them.

Come on Frank

Duma Key. Up to the moment when the zombies appear and all gets ruined it would make a fucking perfect story, full of tension.

You are the most insecure and pathetic person I've ever seen

Black House, although I'd hate to see such a nicely written book fall prey to the SK adaptation curse.

bonald blumpf

ouch, my feelings...
c-could you please delete your post
i feel dreadful, empty... you hit me hard dude
please delet

No twist. Main character wins the race and the book ends with him still walking/running after he wins. Lame.

yeah. was good up until they introduced the aliens. another movie destroyed by cgi.

>being a litlet
user there's great stuff in both mediums and they are hold to different standards, you should appreciate both for what they are.

People who complain about adaptations because they aren't lifted word by word from the source are scum though.

They could never do the actual ending of The Running Man now. Thanks terrorists.

Rage was fucking terrible desu. I reread for the first time since middle school and I couldn't believe how bad and unrealistic the class's dynamic was.

Still, it's good that we can shitpost King fans with
>King invented school shootings!
>King wrote about a third grade orgy in It

Did you know The Regulators started out as a screenplay written for one of Kings best friends, director Sam Peckinpah? Fuck id have loved to see what kind of kino the Peckster would have given us.

They would never film the Long Walk. An hour and a half of people walking? No way.

>The Regulators and Desperation

These should be filmed back to back with the same actors.

I was always partial to Everything's Eventual and N.

I liked the dark half alot I always thought that would make a solid movie

It was