O
P
P
E
D

Slav jew
This is something new for me

Nobody cares you racist fuck.

The cast was perfect, but Baz Luhrmann has no fucking taste. This novel did not benefit at all from the "Moulin Rouge" treatment.

the Russian Empire consisted of Poland, Lithuania and many other Eastern European countries back then.

That's the worst fucking movie I've ever seen

Nothing about the guy and the kind of person he was, nothing about how he accomplished any of it, no commentary on what any of it meant, just a douchebag partying and doing drugs for 3 hours. Just a glorified Project X

great kinémà, if you like drugs and pretty girls.

That's because it's normie-core as fuck.

Agreed.

Russian Jews are the best Jews. Most of them are conservative/pro-Trump instead of degenerate libs

No this was shit.

Playing dubstep and other garbage rap music during those fun parties was stupid as fuck. Definitely normie-core and you're a pleb who should go back to you know where if you like it.

>pic not related

>calling normalfags 'normies' either because 'fag' is too offensive or you're new
reddit

>Nothing about the guy and the kind of person he was, nothing about how he accomplished any of it, no commentary on what any of it meant,
This is all so false I'm betting you didn't even see the film

Good movie imo. 8/10

you can't be conservative while being pro-america

it's like nazis for israel

Are you serious? I didn't think it was a great movie but they definitely showed how badly his drug addiction fucked his life up and how he was able to use his charisma to fool people. Just how much 'commentary' do you want? Do you want him to come out and say 'and the moral of the story is, don't do drugs!' at the end?! People like you are the reason directors feel the need to dial irony and satire up to 11 instead of being subtle.

>you can't be conservative while being pro-america
Ok? I'm a Russian Jew and I really like Putin and other utilitarians, as do most of my family. Most of the pro-Trump actors I know are Russian Jews

Jay Z was the executive producer. No surprise there was like 2 Beyonce songs and one of his.

>you can't be conservative while being pro-america

You can't be a liberal while being pro-America. You can't support organized labor and the middle class and oppose income inequality while being pro-illegal immigration. You can't be a globalist and be pro-America.

Jews are taking all the Oscars from asians hispanics and blacks. #OscarsSoJewish

>they definitely showed how badly his drug addiction fucked his life up and how he was able to use his charisma to fool people
Those were things that existed, yes. But there was zero depth justifying how he got to that point or building on it in any way

>People like you are the reason directors feel the need to dial irony and satire up to 11 instead of being subtle.
It's not "too subtle" for me, it's not there

There was nothing about this movie you would pick up watching it a second time

>"huurrrr let's talk about politics in the film board!!!"

Holy shit, can you virgins please get a life?

>Those were things that existed, yes. But there was zero depth justifying how he got to that point or building on it in any way
Because not every movie has to be a character study. Some movies are more about telling an interesting story and less about exploring an interesting character.

Politics and film have been and will always be forever intertwined.

>Some movies are more about telling an interesting story and less about exploring an interesting character.
And this is not one of them

He's a guy that parties and scams people because he's a narcissistic asshole. That's the movie. It's not even like "just being a narcissistic asshole" gives him presence in the movie, his character exists in a vacuum devoid of consequence or implications on anything else.

>It's not "too subtle" for me, it's not there
The entire film depicted his downward spiral due entirely to his character flaws and poor decisions. Dude struck his wife and lost everything. You didn't even watch the whole movie.

best animation movie passing through

His wife leaves him after they have sex for the last time and he busts a nut in her after 10 seconds

It wasn't an interesting debacle and it accomplished nothing. I guess it was meant to be funny but it just seemed so obnoxious

i care you snowflake cuck

Some movies assume the viewer isn't a forever alone autist.

If you took that scene in the context of his arc as slapstick you're just retarded.

There's a big difference between talking about the political aspect of a film and just bitching about how some character is played by a jew. Don't be coy.

Stop with the diatribe already. I'm not too dumb or too much of a virgin for The Wolf of Wallstreet, I just appreciate film beyond pseudo-profound dudebro politicing

If The Wolf of Wallstreet is a brilliant character study then Fight Club is a poignant commentary on modern contemporary living

The fact that jews control Hollywood isn't politics, its just fact. Why does Hollywood always try to talk about politics, and control culture with blatant social engineering towards a particular agenda?

There's a difference between saying you think a movie is bad and the lies you said in that first post that it has "nothing about how he accomplished it"

Why can't you just get a fucking life? I've never voted, I don't give a shit about politics, but every time I come here half the threads are fucking reddit politics garbage. Why won't you guys shut up and lurk more?

A 6/10 movie but "muh scorsese" people love it for no fucking reason.

Whatever you say Pseud McTippington

>It's not "too subtle" for me, it's not there

Consider the possibility that the fact you think it's not there proves it was too subtle for you. Just consider it, m8.

the "dubstep" was meant to appeal to a modern audience, to convey the indulgent and wild atmosphere of gatsby's parties in a way that today's person would understand. playing music from the 20s wouldn't have the same effect.

That you thought the whole "has sex with his wife one last time" scene was supposed to be funny is telling.

You have a shallow perspective, guy

it stinks

>Great films you NEVER see mentioned on Sup Forums thread
>popular films by popular directors, mentioned and discussed hundreds of times
EVERY TIME

Not all of those posts fit that exact bill. And either way, the identity politics surrounding a movie have historically been just as important as any subtext within the film itself.

I honestly can't tell if (You) are trolling or just dumb.

It's the climate in which you live in. You're the odd man out here, for better or worse.

True Romance

This kino triggers normies so hard.
>oh no, a movie that doesn't spoonfeed me a moral and forces me to analyze it's themes on my own!

HOw new are you? This movie was discussed a ton when it first came out.

Yeah, congratulations on replacing fun movie discussion with rageposting. Enjoy wasting time circlejerking about how angry everything makes you. I guess I should just leave and try to do something productive.

PS: Obsessive political discussion is a form of ESCAPISM

How fucking dumb can you be?

"Yeah the past is so awesome xd even when it's a time known for partying and blowing flagrant amounts of money that had a legendary novel called ****The Great Gatsby**** dedicated to how vapid and chauvinistic this time period was

That's probably the least intelligent thing I've heard this year

We need to create a new kind of fedora-like hat tailored specifically towards you that can justify the level of neckbeardism you achieved with this post

Maybe you should fuck off back to redddit then. You can't talk about tv/film without talking about Jews, that's not our fault, that's the Jews' fault.

this movie was fucking garbage, its just sad what a butchered job it was

The Wolf of Wall Streetis failed Scorsese–and that’s good to the extent it avoids his usual gangster-envy. Unfortunately, he’s still working with DiCaprio which resembles the overspending, underthinking Stiller. Scorsese’s DiCaprio-era movies all lack for inspiration which means his moviemaking urge has gotten hollow and out of hand.

The first scene inThe Wolf of Wall Streetis of a dwarf being tossed at a wall of velcro; the first sound is DiCaprio’s still-pubescent voice as Jordan Belfort narrating his own life story. This odd-ball opening immediately marks the film as a personal expression of Scorsese’s anxieties: His is the self-sentimentalizing voice of a nerd who is dwarfed by Hollywood’s fabled system–then overwhelmed by his own reputation and advantages.

Scorsese’s comic Expressionism differs from the bombast of his other impersonal DiCaprio films yet due to a script by Terence Winter, writer of thatGoodFellasknock-offThe Sopranos, it’s still superficial bombast–sarcastic rather than funny–despite DiCaprio finally becoming a Marty alter-ego: the dwarf in velcro with an explosive temper. (Imagine the swagger Paul Walker could have brought to playing Belfort). Although the personal nature of this film distinguishes it, it’s still disappoints the social consciousness we once expected of Scorsese and lacks a valuable grasp of pre-Recession culture. David O. Russell’sAmerican Hustlebests this with a closer read on vulgar aspiration.

Scorsese’s infatuation with profane behavior meansThe Wolf of Wall Streetcould easily be mistaken for another of his mobster-training films. The Expressionist auteur cheats his own confession; this is an ultra-cynical take on Walter Mitty. It celebrates Scorsese’s own recovering-addict weakness–and Belfort’s greed–as national tendencies. No wonder the panorama of faces that ends the movie repeats Jia Zhangke’s Family-of-Man condemnation inA Touch of Sin.

Monster
Yojimbo
Kung Fu Hustle
Spaceballs
Carrie
Raging Bull
The Aviator
Gladiator
A Beautiful Mind
Half Baked
Requiem For a Dream
Pi
The Prestige
A Place Beyond the Pines
Walk Hard
Halloween
Machete
The Awakenings
Usual Suspects
Swingers
Howls Moving Castle
Eyes Wide Shut
120 Days of Sodomy

Children of Men

Just as soon as movies and Oscar speeches stop having political messages.

He's a larger than average male.

>the newfags have won
We can't let this happen.

Maybe for you
YOU FUCKING CUNT

It may appear that way to a person like yourself

You must be blind

Wow you're new.

>never even voted
>hurr durr I can teell u when too talk abut polotic & you CAhN NAHT tak

This

The actor who played Tom was fucking spot on but everyone else was kind of out of place. What will always piss me of though is the fact that the dubstep is muffled when Nick goes inside. That shit activated some primal autism inside of me.

And kikes wonder why everyone hates them

it had to be said

the bridge on the river kwai

>Would you like a cup o' tea mate?

>he first sound is DiCaprio’s still-pubescent voice

kek i was the only one who's always thought that dicaprio's voice sounds oddly high. he should trade voices with eddie redmayne

I wouldn't say it's great but it's bretty gud

This. Couldn't even finish the movie with jay z or whatever rapping while these people are swing dancing.

>quickly scan list
>half baked
>be glad I didn't waste even ten seconds reading the rest