Just marathoned this, what did I think about it? Don't need a deep analysis, just a basic overview and opinion...

Just marathoned this, what did I think about it? Don't need a deep analysis, just a basic overview and opinion. Basically I just need to be able to answer friends and coworkers if they ask what I thought about it. Thanks.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uNx4RbeSpYM&t=78s
youtube.com/watch?v=yvD3X3RcK3Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Samuel Jackson was pretty much a huge retard for thinking he stood a chance at defeating kong with his rag tag group of 5 guys and it was pretty stupid that his plan actually worked as well as it did and really makes you wonder why they didn't just fly way up above him and drop all those bombs they had on him when they had a bunch of helicopters instead of just buzzing around his head and getting destroyed.

The bamboo spider was cool, the saw beak birds were retarded but the scene where they nabbed the scientist was gnarly, the skull monsters were really cool but the small ones shouldn't have been as invulnerable as they were to bullets since they'd get blown up anyway.

Final fight at the end was cool and pulling the monsters guts out through its mouth was good but they should have used that trick on a smaller one and finished the big one with a jaw snap considering that their whole body is like 30% jaws

I was bored through most of it though I really liked John C. Reilly's character and his arc

>Samuel Jackson was pretty much a huge retard for thinking he stood a chance at defeating kong with his rag tag group of 5 guys

Wasn't that the point though? He was hell bent on either winning some kind of war or dieing in a war

>Samuel Jackson was pretty much a huge retard
Mother fucker detected.

Goodman was a interesting character, while John C Reilly carried the movie once he's introduced.
Samuel L Jackson pulled off a retarded army madman hellbent on avenging his men by killing Kong.
Brie Larson had a nice pair of tits she shows off once she takes her shirt off and runs around in her tank top.
Didn't care for Tim Fiddlesticks character.
The fights were cool and had some fun monsters throughout.
Overall, fun to watch flick with some good actors who highlight the show.

Loved it but would've been better with less characters and better editing

It's an imperfect film, but it manages to be fun, have a well developed human villain, decent mythology, and kino visuals. The visuals are honestly the best things I've seen since Fury Road in terms of almost every frame looking thought out and beautiful.

Jackson plays a great role as a soldier bitter about "running away" from Vietnam and not being able to deal with it. It really gives layers to his insane need to kill Kong. John C. Reilly shockingly doesn't ruin the tone of the movie, but instead plays a pretty great character who has adapted to the island.

By far the absolute weakest element of the movie were the "leads" Hiddelson and Brie Larson (I actually had to look both names up). The characters were flat and underdeveloped. They neither had arcs nor interesting personalities. They seemed to exist because the movie demanded a "sexy heroic young lead" and a "sexy woman", and that's that. Their characters impacted very little of the plot. This movie was really Sam Jackson descending into single minded insanity vs. all the other characters slowly switching against him. John C. Reilly or Young Black Science Kid were the closest things to legit protagonist leads.

When Kebbell had his two moments, first with Kong and then with the insect thing, I thought he was having an arc and that he'd be the one opposing Jackson. And then nothing. Missed opportunity, and I love the actor so I was bummed

I thought Shea Whigham was going to turn against SLJ. It would have fit his characterization and fit into giving the movie a bit of a 'Platoon' dynamic. I know he eventually gives up on Jackson, but he isn't leading the change.

I just despised the female main character because she was insanely one note and nothing ever even came of that note. Would have been fun if they'd killed her off 3/4 through film just to fuck with audiences.

How many times are you going to make this thread?
You must be severely autistic.

It's a basic monster movie with a few reference gags and a Nam' subtext. It's honestly not much more than that but it was pretty good for what it was. It's the kind of comfy shit you watch on a lazy afternoon on VHS.

I get the feeling that Tom Hiddleston and Brie Larson were only there because the studio demanded a pretty face and a pair of tits as the main leads. John C Reily and Sam Jackson were the true protagonists of the movie and I feel like the movie was written with them in mind. I actually thought both characters were pretty good which is pretty rare for a monster movie, especially one like this.
But while Jackson's character was fine I would have preferred if John Goodman got to play the obsessed warmonger from Vietnam, instead of Sam Jackson just doing his usual "bad mothafucka" shtick (he was good, don't get me wrong). Much like Bryan Cranston in Godzilla, Goodman was the best actor in the cast and yet he was pretty much wasted.

Soundtrack was decent.
Monsters were great up until the Skull Crawlers took over everything.
Fights were cool and the movie as a whole was pretty well put together with plenty of geat, memorable shots.

Overall a 7/10.

youtube.com/watch?v=uNx4RbeSpYM&t=78s
this will sum it up perfectly for you

>This movie using Vietnam as a backdrop shares an aesthetic with Apocalypse Now. This is a bad thing(?)
>All the characters except all the main characters were bad.
>The director is a "muslim lookin' guy". Wut?
>We didn't see Kong enough

Dude I am sorry, but a guy who can't even be bothered to turn off the TV in his room when recording audio for his Youtube video has no room to say shit to anybody.

>he shills his youtube channel with garbage opinions on Sup Forums
Holy fuck dude I feel embarassed for you

I liked the cinematography. There was some pretty kino shots and they had some really nice sets and shooting locations.

let me debunk your fanboy nonsense.
It's a pale imitation of a much better movie and rips off the visuals, the least it could do was be a good movie.
John C. Reilly was not a main character, John Goodman was severely underused, and Jackson was wasted on schlock like the retarded helicopter fight.
The rest of the cast did jack shit or were downright annoying like Brie Larson.

the director looks like a sjw hipster with a beard straight off a terrorist hiding in a cave.

we don't see kong enough. the shit we did see was pathetic, especially the skull crawler designs.
try better next time, roberts

>pale imitation

stopped reading right there

no, you read the whole thing

Three tips, Mr. Youtube self shill: If you want your opinions taken seriously, turn off the TV when you are recording your audio, don't breathe into your mic from an inch away, and put more effort into the visuals that just sticking a single thumbnail up there.

As for your actual opinions on the film, they are all retarded.

no, you're just a salty nigger who likes bad movies. You probably liked zilla 2014 too.
There's nothing you could say to redeem yourself

>we don't see kong enough.

He was onscreen a lot. He was shown within 5 minutes. He had multiple major fight sequences shown fully. I'm not sure how he could have been shown more. The comparison to Godzilla 2014's cockteasing is dumb. Did you want a documentary of him just walking around the island for 2 hours?

kong should've been the protagonist of the movie

How was more of a protagonist than in any other version. He was a driving force and was shown constantly. Do you actually have ADHD?

I had no idea it was even related to Godzilla until they mentioned the MUTO thing. Now I'm hype for when they face off, except how the fuck is Kong going to have any shit on Godzilla? Godzilla is bigger and has his radiation breath.

Movie was fun overall, opening scene with the pilots was great.

Jaw snap would just be taking from Peter Jackson's Kong. That's how kong killed the trex in that one.

How does one marathon media that has a single entry?

Unless you watched all the Kong movies...

>King Kong (1933)
>King Kong (1976)
>King Kong (2005 film)
>King Kong Escapes
>King Kong Lives
>King Kong vs. Godzilla
>The Mighty Kong
>MonsterVerse
>Queen Kong
>Son of Kong
and
>Wasei Kingu Kongu

...before Skull Island, in which case, no, you didn't like any of them.

>Jaw snap would just be taking from Peter Jackson's Kong.

Nigga.

youtube.com/watch?v=yvD3X3RcK3Y

I felt it was great.

Loved the skull creatures and the wall the villagers hid behind.

Goodman's death was the best death.

But now I am wondering how King Kong v Godzilla is going to go down. How will Kong get off Skull Island and how is the size difference going to be played?

Well, me, personally, I loved this film.