Is this meme legit?

Is Polish language really that hard? Are the grammars really that complicated?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t-fcrn1Edik
youtu.be/Kn-lUGQvTfA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

youtube.com/watch?v=t-fcrn1Edik

kurwa my siema friend

kto pl?

For an asian? Yes it is. As well as any other slavic language.

Polski est?

Finnish and Hungarian are worse.

:-( the hardest part is trying to pronounce 4 consonants one after the other, i kept slipping an i or u inbetween before quitting

true
supposedly if you know czech or serbian you know ALL slavic languages because of proximity. finnish and hungarian don't have proximity to anything

Ah yes. The master race
Can't even pronounce a fucking name

Wow. It’s even hard for Germans.

>4 consonants one after another
Care to give an example?

it is pretty much like latin but a bit harder

Szczęście
Następstw
Źdźbło

Polish consonant clusters are a regular fixation in American English linguistics courses because they are deadly

easy as fuck, I've learnt it when I was 3 or so

i just did

Stettin? Forgot the name in polish though, was probably something like Szczecin

Sh-ch-ęście. Some of our sounds are written using two letters. Rest is legit, though.
Dżdżownica drąży błoto w czasie dżdżu

I have lost many good friends to Polish. Be careful friends

It's almost like grammar isn't hard for native speakers

not for Americans

btw, what is with you anglos that you can't spell "w" when it's in words from Slav languages? It seems bizarre to me that even though you have appropriate sound, you still replace it with "l"

We always spell the anglo equivalent? Wladylwazalzlwaw r u srs

Some letters are combined sounds. You shouldn't read them as single ones.

like old Š
Sch in German
Sh in English
Sz in Polisch

szcz is like the Russian щ

Yes. I speak English. The last phoneme of the last sentence is an example of that phenomenon. Are you implying that you have consonant clusters in anyway similar to poland?

According to a poleboo Nip it's easier than english

youtu.be/Kn-lUGQvTfA

>szcz is like the Russian щ
That's completely wrong and I have no idea why Russian language textbooks still compare щ to polish szcz.
While I can understand that anglo textbooks transliterate it to "shch" because other than using IPA english has no other way to represent that sound in a way that dumb american could understand this stupid comparison exists in polish textbooks for Russian as well.

szcz are two distinct sounds "sz" and "cz" following each other.
щ is a softer ш ie. it's ш voiced (spoken?) with your tongue closer to your teeth (while ш itself has your tongue touching the back of your palate)

the difference between ш and щ is exactly the same as the difference between Polish "sz" and "ś".

how hard can it be if poles can learn it?

its just because we adopted a latin alphabet for slavic sounds. like other user said some sounds are written using two consonants
sz,cz,dż,dź

nikto

please don't call it "voiced" that will just ruin the whole explanation. these are all unvoiced sounds

I used it as verb. Voice as in make a sound with your mouth.
I thought putting "spoken?" in parenthesis was good enough to indicate it.
Guess not for burgers.

just do it, you gotta believe in yourself