So when did the whole "kino" thing start?

So when did the whole "kino" thing start?

I'm still not really clued in to it.
I took Polish class in school and I remember it means "movie theatre."

I came to Sup Forums after months of hiatus and everyone was saying some variation of "kino". My first instinct was to cringe and call out normies on for their shitty joke, but then I remembered that this place went to shit a long time ago and this must be what it's like when some people came back to everyone saying "pleb". Really enjoying raimiposting though.

Sup Forums and reddit made it a thing

kino means movie theater in german as well

i think it started about a week ago

Like 2 years ago I think

It started off as ironically tiering film in the following order: "joint, flick, movie, film, cinema, kino". Then "kino" individually began gaining traction as a meme due to its exploitable nature as a bizarre foreign word.

2003, puaforums

>not watching kino

kin-o or keen-o?

[spoiler hell, kee-no?[/spoiler]

I invented it.

>"The film Man with a Movie Camera represents

AN EXPERIMENTATION IN THE CINEMATIC COMMUNICATION
Of visual phenomena
WITHOUT THE USE OF INTERTITLES
(a film without intertitles)
WITHOUT THE HELP OF A SCENARIO
(a film without a scenario)
WITHOUT THE HELP OF THEATRE
(a film without actors, without sets, etc.)

This new experimentation work by Kino-Eye is directed towards the creation of an authentically international absolute language of cinema on the basis of its complete separation from the language of theatre and literature."

It's been around since the 20's.

kino

When Sup Forums found a word meant something else.
think of it like 'kek'. remember "lulz", a corruption of "lol"? well those aren't cool anymore, gotta show you know Sup Forums by saying all sorts of permutations of "lol".

lel

2015 when people started assuming russian modern movies are better than western movies, the russian word for movie "kino" started being used for all "cinema"

Used to be just a dumb meme that was your typical autistic daily copypasta and then everyone started using it unironically for some reason.

>pssst hey kid, wanna watch some kino?

it's used to show that your post is a joke and that you're a real memer. don't take what's posted seriously and you'll have a better time.
it's mostly just some guys who want to try and be funny, come up with new ways to use the term, because it's not against the rules to talk about movies. "kinography", how many times can you bastardize the word and manipulate it, shit like that

>So when did the whole "kino" thing start?
When faggots that watch movies like literally everyone else in the world wanted to act superior and started using it to separate themselves from the rest, ironically branding themselves.

Raimiposting is good, but Trumanposting is GOAT

>that image

Jej

It comes from dziga vertov concept of absolute kinography which refers to 20s soviet experimental cinema. It was used ironically as another layer to the film vs movie meme which comes from a David Fincher quote. It means films that use the medium of cinema to its fullest but has just evolved to mean the greatest in specific genres as a typical Sup Forums suffix like fag ie autismkino etc

pestposting is when it really took off in a big way

We needed a word to describe Zack Snyder movies.

This, I did german at school.

It's "Cinema" in several european languages.

fuckno

i was a much bigger fan of the

>this is a shitty movie
>it's more of a flick desu
>movie, film, flick, kino

meme. much more creative and versatile

Snydrome
Zamation
Smovies

nothing lasts forever.

Its based of some infograph made by some film school where joints were trash and kino was art

Does anyone else say "kino" and "cuck" to themselves when they're alone? Those are some fun words to say for some reason

kino kino kino
yeah I get it

I dont have the pic but it started from some university's unironic class that tiered movies into flicks, films, joints, and kino. Kino being true art. This of course coincided with the BvS release when TV was complaining about 'capeshit'.

Zach Snyder was going to give us the dawn of 'capekino' and save the genre. Which he dd, he succeeded on an enormous level.

What americlaps don't realize is that more than half the board uses this word in their everyday life because it actually means "cinema" in their language. The more you know.

>don't realize
more importantly don't care about

>make threads every single day asking where "kino" comes from
>don't care
mhhmmmm

K I N O
I
N
O

The movie 300 by Zack Snyder is the first Kino that we know of. So around 2007

I took a break from this shit board for like 3 days and when I came back it was fucking everywhere

When Jesus Christ was born, these days he is known as Zack Snyder.