Uefa Nations League

Who here /UNL/?

I for one think this is a brilliant idea. My minor autsim is tingling at the format. I'm buzzing for the draw tomorrow.

It's not my fault if you are too much of a brainlet to understand how it works.

If anyone wishes to discuss go ahead. Try and find a flaw in it's genious

Other urls found in this thread:

pollmill.com/f/what-is-the-size-of-justin-kurihara-s-nipple-2zm5k6w/answers/new.html
files.footballseeding.com/200002130-9283c937e4/UNL media briefing PDF version.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=AKhG88NKVsM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No interest at all?

fuck yeah, now there's an increased chance of seeing Andy Selva at a tournament

At least we might get some nice Matches during the International Break instead of Germany vs Andorra

i'l never watch an international match ever again while that disgusting cunt o'neill is manager so no i have zero interest m8

Yer but the format is instersting. Might even buy a wall chart for it and complete religiously

>Try and find a flaw
The three team group in div C

So? Less games. Everyone moans about too many games

why are doing this shit, to appeal to millenials?

To improve the International breaks. Instead of playing San Marino or Armenia you now might play Croatia or Spain

Except you'll still be playing San Marino or Armenia.. the nations league is just replacing friendlies that no-one gives a fuck about.

Plus it helps the Group D nations to be playing against teams of their own caliber more than to get thrashed by 3+ every game

To appeal to smaller countries and international football fans in general
Literally everyone except the worst of the worst have a shot at Euro 2020
I'm hyped
t. brainlet
If they win their nations league group they will not play against San Marino
The Nations League final four teams are going to get a five team group in the draw (so no pot 6 teams in their group) to play the nations league title games instead

macedonia will qualify from group D m8

>Promotion and relegation throughout the leagues
>Mini tournament at the end
>Smaller countires can win this mini tournament at the end and go to euro 2020
>Winner of the playoffs in league a are the UNL champions

Sounds good man

If Macedonia win their group then beat the other winners of league d groups. They go to euro 2020. You won't be qualifying through the normal qualifiers so you should be embracing this as much as you can.

Come on Macedonia I root for your country and people

>Try and find a flaw in it's genious
The fact that one of theses will make Euro 2020

i know m8 we are
our only opposition are armenia and georgia
we are better than both we have great new young players just wait and see

t-thanks f-for the love

So one team that will embaress England

We have already established it will be Macedonia and absolutely no one has any issues with that what so ever

And that is a bad thing why...?

That was always going to happen with the expansion to 24 teams though

San Marino still won't qualify it'll just be one of the better ones like Belarus

Because they aren't going to qualify by beating better teams to prove they deserve their place, they are going to qualify by beating worse teams

pollmill.com/f/what-is-the-size-of-justin-kurihara-s-nipple-2zm5k6w/answers/new.html

Ok guys, everyone has to know who is going to be the worst team at the Euro so here goes my div d review

Half of the Division are contenders for the spot, this includes all pot 1 teams, Armenia, Kazakhstan, Kosovo and (if they get their shit together) Moldova
The playoff games only have one tie so it's essentially a cointoss rather than skill at that stage

What's interesting is that the contender teams are spread out throughout all pots, which creates a good chance of a group of death, there's even a possibility that the group of death would include more good teams than all the other groups combined

The most likely winner? Azerbaijan. No, they aren't good at all, let me explain why.
This is mainly due to the fact that they are going to be a host at the euros so they are probably going to rig the entire thing, also they have the best draw odds because they can't draw >us in the group stage so they are effectively avoiding the only relevant team from pot 2

>My minor autsim is tingling at the format. I'm buzzing for the draw tomorrow.
Same
>It's not my fault if you are too much of a brainlet to understand how it works.
The only complex part about it is the selection of teams in play-offs for divisions where less than 4 teams are available, I've seen the presentation materials, it has crazy amount of case by case variations

Ill watch it while at work

>so they are effectively avoiding the only relevant team from pot 2
But they aren't avoiding the faroes

what are your thoughts on the FA cup mate?

>Winner of the playoffs in league a are the UNL champions
No, the playoffs are going to determine the Euro qualifier. The UNL title would be decided in a different tournament

I'm scared of the promotion and relegation though because of a you lose you win scenario
Nobody even knows what the Nations League is going to be for in the future editions, it might play a role in the world cup and there are also rumors about the global nations league
>faroes
A good candidate to continue Iceland's legacy
Did you know that the national sport of Iceland isn't football?

A lot of luck needed in the draw to avoid the bigger teams but that's the nature of cup competitions. And eventually you'll have to play someone big to try and win the trophy

>D-league
you fucking lucky cunts

At least they aren't like your tatar brothers from Hungary
Hungary literally lost to Andorra on purpose so they can sandbag in Div C
But the big teams wouldn't be trying, that's the point

I think all cup competitions are designed for rigging in order for teams that are not good enough to qualify for the Europa league, there's no other explanation of why it grants teams spots in europe.

>I think all cup competitions are designed for rigging in order for teams that are not good enough to qualify for the Europa league,
Apart from the Copa Del Rey where all the teams already in europe get the weakest teams in the compeition. And it is because it is a hang over from the cup winners cup which arguably was a much better tournament than either the uefa cup or the europa league. But the expansion of the CL killed that

Iceland must have had an enormous impact on English mentality :-)

>And it is because it is a hang over from the cup winners cup
It's not like they're forced to include the cup winners you know

I thought the playoff winner in the A league would be champions? They also get a spot at euro 2020 but probably won't need it having already qualified in the normal ones?

BUZZING FOR TOMORROW LADS WHO WANTS TO FIGHT ME

They would have two play-offs. One for the winner and one for the qualification which will more than likely end up being filled with B league teams. Makes the crazy scenario that finishing 2nd in B league might be easier to qualify for the euros than winning it

The nations league finals are in 2019, they are going to involve div A group winners

The play-offs are going to involve 4 best teams from each division that DIDN'T qualify for the euros through the normal qualification
Chances are that there won't be 4 such teams in Division A and/or B at all, so the vacant spots would be filled with teams from other divisions

Also, here are the details for the play-offs
WARNING: concentrated autism

files.footballseeding.com/200002130-9283c937e4/UNL media briefing PDF version.pdf (starts at page 20)

In theory, there would be 4 teams left from Group B if all the top two seeds qualified.

>Azerbaijan gets a fucking joke group
>Armenia gets the group of death
DELET

Can't happen. Can't have both Faores and Kazakhstan in the same group

Macedonia ease through to the c leauges!

No, you can have an excessive travel pair in a group as long as there's only pair

My mistake, rules do take a lot to get your head around

MACEDONIA

League D have it easy. Reading, the rules it could be luck of the draw for a League C team whether they'd play another League C team or a League A team

Also you can be a League A team and not qualify and be passed over for a League C team in the play-offs due to rules

That's why you have to win your group
All group winners are safeguarded

>I know the rules
>I know them

>I know the rules
>I know them

>I know the rules
>I know them rules

typical conversation ITT

youtube.com/watch?v=AKhG88NKVsM
>the nations league anthem
fucking cringe, sounds like something straight out of a fantasy rpg
Still better than the EL theme

>Faroe Islands and Belarus seem pretty competitive overall. Luxemburg had an amazing World Cup Qualifiers run
lmao
Right now I'd say Georgia and Macedonia have the best odds because they are in pot 1, Azerbaijan is not as good but their odds are inflated by the fact that they will not draw us, Belarus also has the pot 1 privilege, Armenia, Kazakhstan and Kosovo have nice chances if they avoid each other during the draw, the only other team that might do something is Moldova

It'd be much easier to tell after the draw

everyone you mentioned is shitte mate. After the teams I did mention on my post the other one a bit competitive is yours.

Have you seen the Faroese and Luxembourgish transfermarkt pages?

As always we will be publicly raped and embarrassed because the FA will force the manager to pick degenerate losers playing in Siberia and Turkey because their agents are loaded and they pay to promote their clients.

>Have you seen the Faroese and Luxembourgish transfermarkt pages?
core Sup Forums

It might make the likes of San Marino and Andorra play football for once.

I'm honestly looking forward to it.

The Greek guy is judging only by the results in the previous cycle
>implying this is not the case with all div c/d teams

Should we knock you out again?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH

Yeah I'm hyped, anything that kills friendlies. They need to build on this later to replace the shitty Euro qualifiers format.

Draw at 11am bong time tomorrow, I'll be here for shitposting lads.

No Im not. If I was Id say Bulgaria and Montenegro are based.
For Luxemburg. Yeah. I actually am a bid biased from thelast results bu Faroes what do they have to do with it?

Kek
Same mate,.gona shit post good

I really like this thing, probably going to watch the shit out it. Top class matches, low teams playing in similar conditions. What's there not to like?

The only problem is why did they need to involve this with the Euros qualies? wasn't this supposed to replace friendlies? wouldn't then just work fine with each other? I feel like they decided to do it because it would bring more attention to it. But anything was more interesting than watching friendlies, attaching this to the euros only brings the Eurocup down while not helping the nations league at all. It seems completely unnecessary and tactless

>Slovenia Scotland Hungary Serbia Greece Albania Bulgaria
What are you on about

Concacrap is copying this format and concept for some reason.

Today is the day

they play today or what?

Even better

then what happens today?

because we're essentially a bootleg UEFA

In UEFA all teams get to play all the time, but in concacrap teams get eliminated along the way, hex teams that miss out on the WC don't play for a year (you're going to experience it now) and it's even worse for teams who don't even make the hex, some budget T&T's don't get to play for 4 years if they lose a game or two
The draw

>Americans

3h05 mins until the big draw lad.

How will you be marking out your backdoor entrance to the euros

>tfw they should do the normal draw too

did I mention are all I'm BUZZING

> modern football

The tournament is ruined anyway with the 24 teams and four third best teams going through to ro16. So this is further completes the meme. But as already pointed out in the this thread, it tingles those with autsimo tendencies towards tournament layouts etc.

Didn't Armenia lose 6-1 at home to Poland?

>Americans
I'll give you a hint, one of the groups in Div C is only going to have three teams

Is there a direct link for the draw stream?
I won't be online for the actual draw but I want to watch the div D draw from start to finish instead of getting the result immediatly because the process itself is entertaining

its a joke. fuck off with this garbage

Based Armenia sending anons back to this thread.

I will be supporting you in the UNL

>tfw one group will be Wales northern Ireland and ROI

Seriously, if this happens, and I can, can they all ask for a re draw? The reason is because there was a home Nations tourament in 2011 that was between these teams, including Scotland, and it was complete garbage. Alot of that was because every game was in Dublin,but still these teams are garbage

The home nations tournament was shit because you couldn't qualify to euros from them

Yes but it means for two teams it will be be their only games

Slovenia, Norway, Israel and Lithuania and I'll be happy

Norway are not to be shrugged at.

Do you think Nations league is the only way to qualify you dumb fuck?

Even if we or Norway or Romania or anyone else win their group it's gonna be very surprising if Serbia don't win in the play offs

According to Concacrap, they are going to begin the Nations League immediately after the world cup so we will see.

this is why we need Catalunya

>be in group A
>get yourself relegated on purpose
>free pass to the next Euro

Switzerland, Poland, Iceland, Croatia and Netherlands are not that much(if at all) better than Denmark.

applies to B and C as well
especially C

How are we all dressing for the big draw

Can't wait for everyone to moan and whine about how it's too confusing.

You literally cannot please people. There Are still faggkta giving out about this even though it's a very serious since apporch by uefa. These people moan about pointless friendlies, so they make this instead and then people start talking about money instead. This is a great idea , espciafor the weaker teams but you still get people saying it favours the bigger Nations. You actually cannot win win this retards. Then you have the "hurr international football is shit la" that's fine, but then you need to fuckk of and stop complaining if you weren't going to watch anyway. These people need to kms quickly

This. Media garbage being pushed to bitch and moan. Its the same with the NFL and everyone saying "nobody understands the catch rules" even though they're fucking simple.

when is the actual draw