Miss me Sup Forums?

Miss me Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.com/1242wb33
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I remember when people used argue whether or not he was the best quarterback ever. How simple times were...

part recency bias
part longevity

IMO Brady will rightfully be considered better, they were similarly capable at their peaks.

No. I was tired of Brady vs. Manning after the third time.

He'll be replacing Gruden on MNF

Fuck off nationwide

I know right? We all know who the goat is

The only good part about that is Oakland having a GOAT coach for their last season.

strawpoll.com/1242wb33

Manning gone. Romo gone. Brady, Brees, Ben, Rivers and Rodgers all coming to the end. It really was the glory years of quarterbacks.

Brady has the better resume but Peyton was the better player. Peyton would have a lot more rings if he didnt waste so many years on a trash franchise like the colts.

I do miss you peyton, i'm sorry i called you a 5head

come back so you can choke owls away please

Looks like he went from a child molester to a baby molester.

no, your pizza is shit

Remember when the Patriots were 18-0 and then Brady proceeded to choke monumentally in the Super bowl? Against fucking Eli Manning.

>tfw pants fan

I still wake up in cold sweats at night shouting DO SOMETHING NORMAN

All that shit he talked and he couldn't corral in a single duck Peyton was throwing. No wonder we let his ass walk.

That's pretty arguable though. Peyton pretty much called the shots, which is incredibly impressive, but Brady literally never chokes. Those are both traits that are hard to quantify.

leie. gratis.

CHICKEN PARM I LOVE YOU

Kek, that fucking fivehead.

Still, I'm glad he helped the Bronies win SB 50.

Didn't peyton manning throw a game ending pick against the saints

if it makes you feel better, I don't think anyone credits peyton with the 50 win. the defense was simply too much.

>Peyton was the better player
He literally wasn't and the stats prove it

HGH confirmed?

Do they now?

Tom Brady
2× NFL MVP (2007, 2010)
3× First-team All-Pro (2007, 2010, 2017)
2× Second-team All-Pro (2005, 2016)

Peyton Manning
5× NFL MVP (2003, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2013)
7× First-team All-Pro (2003, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2012, 2013)
3× Second-team All-Pro (1999, 2000, 2006)

>citing mannings 5x MVPs
most are fraudulent. consolation prizes so the golden boy can win somehow, while the despised brady will keep getting rings

4 super bowls pretty much sealed peytons coffin lid, then there was his 5th... and now probably 6th coming. and one of those useless mvp awards.

>citing MVPs and All-Pro selections

No, he still shows up on my TV every fucking Sunday despite being retired. Fuck off.

How about Superbowl MVP awards?

peyton was the most consistent regular season qb ever... but thats about it. its very weird how bad he is in the playoffs, both of his rings - he was literally carried through the playoffs and superbowl. his little brother took down his bully. twice. its all very silly and kinda ironic, peyton mannings career. fucking pizzaslut.

this
fuck you hate farm

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think this season Brady had similar numbers to some of Peyton’s MVP seasons.

and it was sooo peyton of him too. i was 0% surprised by it but it still tore my heart out

Speaking of consolation prize, this year's MVP. Everybody knows that Todd Gurley should have won.
It's a team game you dumb faggot. I mean, Barry Sanders barely won a playoff game. Emmitt Smith has three rings... HE DA REAL GOAT.

>Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark
Any other QB would have won multiple owls.

>its very weird how bad he is in the playoffs
Why do people still peddle this bullshit? Before Peyton Manning became the Corpse of Peyton Manning (and won the Super bowl... you know, because it's a team sport) his playoff stats were pretty much identical to Tom Brady's.

yeah you're either a troll or a retard. i'm a patriots hater and brady is the blatant MVP this year.

These threads are always useless since Pats casuals who have never played competitive football in middle school or high school and haven't watched any college like to give their "takes"

No, I want all of you fucks gone already.
>Eli
>Tom
>Ben
>Drew
>Phil
Fuck off, the lot of you.

>citing things that actually say something about the QB and not his system

Every QB thats ever played the sport plays in a system that caters to their strengths you retard

tom brady has played in many different offensive schemes. if everyones a "system" away from 8 super bowl appearances why doesnt everyone just get a bum qb and copy it ifs just that simple?

Oh one and done you taste so good

which system are you referring to? the system run under charlie weis? or bill obrian? or josh mcdaniels? or the 3 years he didnt have an OC?

is it the system where he has a bunch of nobodies to throw to with corey dillon as his best back? or his 2 TE set system which lasted maybe a year and a half? or the deep ball system the couple years he and moss were together? or maybe it's the pass-catching RB system? or maybe its the quick release system he's developed over the past couple years to deal with his one weakness (heavy d-line pressure). or oh i know, is it the system where his top targets get injured nearly every year and he is staging historic 4th quarter comebacks throwing to his 3rd and 4th receiving options? such a great system. actually i know, i bet youre referring to the system where his current favorite WR target (a 7th rd QB out of college) splits time playing wide receiver and cornerback for a super bowl run.

man, hes so lucky to have such a good system.

>tfw no more "Welcome to my house, Tom" memes

>Before Peyton Manning became the Corpse of Peyton Manning (and won the Super bowl... you know, because it's a team sport) his playoff stats were pretty much identical to Tom Brady's.

Peypey before 2015 where his corpse played: 11-13 Playoff record
Tim Brody before 2015: 22-9 Playoff record

u wot m8

>its very weird how bad he is in the playoffs
it's not that weird. you have to play good teams in the playoffs. good teams with good defenses. brady destroys good defenses, manning couldnt.

>football is a single player sport

Nice work user. I assume this post won't get any replies from the opposition.

really though it's such a good system, you'd think another team would be like "hey, i want to go to 8 superbowls too. i should start using the patriot's system". but for some reason they don't. i'm sure they'll catch on soon though.

>You now remember that Patriots team where the receivers were Jabar Gaffney, Doug Gabriel, Reche Caldwell and Troy Brown

You really think Peyton would have the stats he did if he didn't play from behind so much as a dome babby?

literally popularity contests

desu Peyton going to 4 Owls with 4 different head coaches is an insane achievement we're never going to see again

Yes, I do miss Tom Hanks

That's a big trophy

That is one ugly white boy.

Never noticed how big his nose is

Playoff stats:

Brady: 68 TD, 31 INT
Manning: 40 TD, 25 INT

End of argument. Just shut the fuck up already. Manning was a flat track bully and choked every chance he got.

Brady has the 5 rings, Manning has the 5 head.

1 against the Rex Grossman led Bears.

i saw the repeat of that game on ESPN. It looked like both teams spent most of the game trying to give the win to the other team. Eventually the Bears tried harder

That's was Peyton's most unimpressive playoff run, even in the Super Bowl he looked average.

Alex Smeth in the playoffs, 14 TDS 2 INTS, he's the real GOAT

BTFO. end of argument, Smith goat. Rodgers also has better postseason TD:INT ratio

keep your lame duck shit out of my face.

hail satan

>His bully
Doesn't Peyton have a winning record against the Pats in the playoffs?

>citing individual accomplishments while comparing individual players
Wow, what a silly thing to do.

>the old Manning is bad in the playoffs meme
I wonder how he retired with a winning record against his 'bully' Tom Brady in the playoffs, then.

>3-1 vs pats in conf champ games(though he got owned in the regular season and other playoff games)
>Brother was 2-0 in super bowls
The Pats could very possibly be playing for double digit super bowls right now if the Mannings didnt exist

Carolina's defense was dominating Denver's offense, though. The difference was that the Broncos forced turnovers and the Panthers didn't.

>there are still people in the year 2018 who will try to defend peyton manning against tom brady

3-2.

>Peyton Manning won the super bowl with a clearly subpar 2006 defense

GOAT

>looking at the dates in the screencaps of my spee posts and realizing ive been doing this for at least 5 years now
what am i even doing lol

manning's, for comparison

these are completely objective so dont @ me

>one has cheatin' Bill on his side
>the other had shit tier coaches his entire career and basically had to fill the role of HC and QB at the same time

Brady's mvp this year so add to that and All-Pro 1st team. Manning threw almost 100 more ints on just 500 more passes. People never put enough emphasis on turnovers,a which is the most important stat in football. That's what separates them to me

>shit tier coaches his entire career
tony dungy was inducted into the hall of fame fyi

Because he's black and does a lot of Christian charity work.

2000s all-decade team.

wonder who's going to make the 2010s team XD

oh thats right i forgot being black and pouring soup for homeless people were the criteria for getting into the nfl hall of fame lol

>Brady broke the postseason win record in 2012 and is already 10 wins over that
wew

3-2, he was really bad against him in the regular season, which is ironic thinking about it

I bet you think Tyrod Taylor is good

>3tds 7ints in playoffs that year

He was a 'defensive coach' who reigned over some of the worst defenses in NFL history. His Tampa win was impressive but everything he did with the Colts was terrible.

Stats are for Losers

Peyton Manning is a 2 time champion and the 4th greatest QB of the Modern Era and you are a butthurt loser on the internet

>Takes a shitload of sacks(pretty much kills a drive)
>Creates nothing with his arm(probably has a terrible yds/pass att if I looked it up)
Manning and Brady are apples Taylor is an orange

yeah all terrible coaches get inducted into the pro football hall of fame lol. see - he had a top 10 defense 4 of the 7 years he was there, including #1 in '07 and #2 in '05. all 4 of those years with a top 10 defense, manning went 1 and done each year. see for details.

>Misreads some shitty regular season table
>Uses it to claim Manning is goat
>Point out he threw 7 ints in the playoffs that year
>S-stats are for losers!
Throwing 100 more ints doesn't help your defenses cause you know

you hit the nail on the head

People always freak out about interceptions but reality is you have to push the ball down the field sometime you can't just keep punting the whole game.

Peyton Manning was arguably the best of all time at getting the ball out quick enough to make things easier on his offensive line.

I don't care if gimmicks like tyrod or kaep didn't throw interceptions, they arent creating plays for their offense and putting pressure on the defense by going 3 and out agian and again

Dungy's defenses got shredded by Rivers and Pennington in the playoffs because it was a one trick pony scheme that any good QB knew how to exploit

You'll notice nobody uses Tampa 2 Defense anymore

That is absolutely a lie, Manning always had far more raw talent than Brady

Dungy's Colts defenses were built around the 'bend, don't break' philosophy as evidenced by the amount of yards and big plays they conceded in your own infographics. The problem with this sort of defense is that it breaks down at the worse possible time and it always broke down for them in the playoffs.

same with the pats. funny how brady has has so much more playoff success though hmmm

fun fact: manning has never thrown more touchdowns than interceptions in a super bowl, while brady has never not thrown more touchdowns than interceptions in a super bowl.

>being great in one game a year makes you the GOAT
I guess this argument is irrelevant then because that makes Joe Flacco and Eli Manning the all-time greats.

Gronk and moss are both much better than anyone Manning threw to

Peyton really wasn't that talented though, his arm wasn't anything to write home about even in his prime. I mean he had amazing accuracy and the Perfect Height but a lot of qbs have had that.

He just had a much better understanding of the position at such a young age.

Brady didn't really have the same grasp of the game Peyton did until around 2004ish which is why the debate was fair for a long time because Bradys' first three seasons Bellichick did just want him to be a game manager(nothing wrong with that btw)