Does anyone here live in city/town with population less than 50k?

Does anyone here live in city/town with population less than 50k?
How does it feel like?

i grew up in one
it was okay

>less than 50k

Try less than 2k, that is small actually.

Yes.

It feels good because I hate big cities. The town is mostly quiet and peaceful, not polluted or crowded like cities, and you have shopping areas within walking distance.

Lived in three cities

Born in a city with almost precisely 20k.

Still felt crowded because of how it was laid out. Then a town of only 98 people sprawled across a very large area. Too desolate for a young person. Comfy to retire in, probably.

Today I live in a city of 100k which feels emptier than the city of 20k. You can walk around near the city centre after 8 PM and see no one. Perfectly comfy.

Lived 19 of my first years in a village of 5000 people

Do you mean suburbs?
Or really isolated one?

I guess that you'd feel extremely boring if you move back to your home town

Eh, I live in a small village of 80k people.

800 inhabitants shithole.
Its boring, i go to school in ghent tho
Everyone knows me and I know a lot of people (i say that bc older people that i never saw greet my by name, dafuq?)
By the way, almost everything i thought was a city here in België has less than 50k inhabitants. Never went on ze good ol' platteland, jongeman? Allé zeg

>Never went on ze good ol' platteland, jongeman?
I'm cityfag, m8

bump

what's a city

I have at times, other times I have not.

It's nice to not have traffic. And if you have geographical features like hills, mountains, ocean, lake or river you like to enjoy nearby it can be very nice.

Smallest town I lived in is 130 people. But I've lived in and around some pretty big cities as well.

i do
nothing in particular, town with over 200k at 20mins of car
people here probably more simple minded but less bitchy and more honest

80 people
Everyones knows eachother and most are family, lot of immigrants too

I live in a 28k city. Pretty shit but that has nothing do with its size

>80k
>village

dumb cityfag

It's nice everything was close by. A lot of out door stuff to do

I lived my childhood in a village of 2000. With only basic services; one store, bank, postal service. There wasn't even a pub. Goes without saying it's more depressing now a days. Only old people live there.
The nearest town of 25 000 people felt a like huge metropolis back then everytime I went there as a kid. 50k is a mid size town not small by our standards

>Does anyone here live in city/town with population less than 50k?
You don't? Also 6k people reporting in

i wanna munch on her cooter

50k isn't small.

I used to live and it was shit.

nice

30k, but they're spread in a very large territory so it's more like living in a city with 5k people.
Feelsgodman, I come back here once a week (I study in Rome) and I love everything: the Sun, nature, the good ol Old Town, my cats, all the good shit my mom cooks me etc etc

curious, got any pictures of said box/stories?

Small beach town on the coast of eastern florida. Population: 16,000

It sucks, it really really sucks. Nothing to do at all, not much job opportunities, most girls that grow up here leave after high school and never come back. The ones that stay usually get pregnant very early.

villagers cant speak english, you wont get replies from them

>lot of immigrants too
from where?

10.000 people city reporting in.

Feels calm and uneventful.

I grew up in a town of 9000 people. It was a fucking nightmare. I really loathe those people.

Living in small cities (less than 500k) is hell on earth

why do you think that?

It's depressing, you meet the same people everyday, there's no sense of progress/civilization it's too quiet

I like the noises, movement

Lived in a town of 9000 people until two years ago. It was still full of degenerates and junkies. It didn't feel much different from the city I'm currently living in, which is my state's capital. It had slightly less foreigners and more old people but that's it.

grew up in a town with 1300 or so people, felt empty as fuck
now I live in a small town with maybe 8000 people, it's still boring but better than my hometown
also lived in Asia for a while, I liked living in a big city, but it was hard to find somewhere to relax

>Less than 50k

That's most of the US.

You only meet the same people every day in a city of 1/2 million people if you go to the same places and do the same thing every day.

I find that large cities are inherently isolating. You don't know anybody, it's very impersonal. My interactions with shopkeepers are personable, the old lady at church asks me where I was instead of the potluck. idk it seems more comfy knowing everyone you interact with on a daily basis

Exactly. In a big city, people don't look at or greet eachother. How could they? They don't have time for a few thousand greetings a day.

In a smaller town people look at you, say hello, smile, and ask you what you're up to.

grew up in middle class suburban ontario about an hour away from toronto, about 30k pop.
was comfortable, quiet but had most things we needed, and going to the city wasn't too inconvenient either
it was comfy overall but now i live in a ~230k pop. city and i like it better

Yes, I grew up in a town of 1,200 people and enjoyed it a lot. We had a large yard and garden and we were close to a small river with crayfish. I knew most of the people in town by the time I was a teenager. But after that, it can get boring.

Incredibly comfy. One of the whiter places in this country. Around 35k people if you count Edam with it.

How is life there?

I lived in a town with 1000 inhabitants for 16 years. Moved to 120k one 6 years ago.

How do you like the 120k one, Ivan?

Grew up in a place with less than 450 people, beat that faggots

live and grew up in the ghetto with around 30,000 people

always feels alive, never dead, proper gs i know ere init

dunno, normal i guess. Havn't lived anywhere else.

About 1000 people.
It's alright.
Too many people to do whatever you want outdoors, and not enough people to have anything nearby.

I live in a town with population of around 500 people and like 300-400 more around town... Ehhh its pretty depressing and there is nothing to do

grew up in a town of 3500 and now live in a city of 1.6 million

When i was a kid there were quiet a lot of slightly older kids and honestly i can say that my childhood was great... As many as 20 kids would gather up and play hide and sekk whole evenin..

But after few years they grew up and then there was not so many kids to play games or do any activities really... Its still possible to gather like 10-12 kids but you have to call them through phone or whatever back in the days kids themselves came out and played games or did sports... Those really were great days and grass was indeed greener

Comfy suburb.

Shchyolkovo?

Yes, it has good railway connections so it's okay.
Havnt made a single friend in 10 years but that's okay too.
It's nice without a need for local public transportation, I have a sense of whats going on just from a walk.

keep this quality thread alive

Which town my man?

>living in anything smaller than 1mil

You wont even meet all those people

Currently live in one. Pretty comfy.
All I do is shitpost, so I never really go outside.