Looking for similar experience

youtube.com/watch?v=RP03MOABUOY
youtube.com/watch?v=B7u704uMCmo

Other urls found in this thread:

bfi.org.uk/films-tv-people/sightandsoundpoll2012/voter/895
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

turin horse

OMG LIFE IS SO TERRIBLE AND HUMANITY IS OUT FOR THEMSELVES WITH NO EXCEPTIONS! EVERYTHING IS BLEAK AND MEANINGLESS, FREEDOM IS A TERRIFYING THING TO STUPID PEOPLE, AND THE WORLD IS A COLD AND UNFORGIVING PLACE! LET ME DEMONSTRATE THIS BY HOLDING THE CAMERA ON THE DESOLATE BARREN WASTELAND AND THE PATHETIC MONGRELS WHO ARE THE CHARACTERS FOR MINUTES AND MINUTES AT A TIME AS THE AUDIENCE SHIFTS UNCOMFORTABLY UNDER THEIR GAZE! HA HA HA HA! I AM SUCH A GENIUS! THANK GOD I WASN'T PURGED BY STALIN OR ELSE I WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO SHARE THIS MASTERFUL VISION WITH THE WORLD! YES, YES, LOOK AT HOW SHE TORTURES THE CAT! IT IS A METAPHOR FOR THE CORRUPTION OF POWER! YES! POWER... CORRUPTION... HUMANITY SUCKS! NOW GIVE ME MORE MONEY TO FUND MY NEXT NIHILISTIC MASTERPIECE!

lav diaz

Buy a can of paint, apply with a brush on a surface and then watch while it dries. Voila.

There's nothing more pathetic than movies that try to be deep. Even more so than literary fiction.
Every artistic medium is severely inferior to philosophy when it comes to analyzing and communicating concepts that are interesting enough to be talked about.

is the slow cinema movement the modern day french new wave?

i didn't know that was a movement but after looking it up i'll say no.

but a lot of those movies are really good unlike french new wave stuff

Which one do I watch? Which one is more similar to Tarr?

>i hateee criterion collection so much my faves? everything by hollywood :)

evolution of a filipino family

for anyone who actually watches tarr films, i've heard that his early films were more rougher and cassavetes esque than his newer works, which sort of interests me. anyone know how good they are compared to the rest of his work? trying to get into him, i was retarded and watched satantango first.

>that was a nice nap

The Shoah

Kárhozat is bretty gud, he made that in 88, give it a shot

Seen them all guys.

try this russian kino

Thanks! It's already on my list, will watch it soon. I'm Russian myself btw.

if you like hard to be a god i also recommend this gem.

best

I've seen it too! The only thing I added to my list from this thread so far is a lav diaz film, the rest I have watched already, and Hard to be a God was on the list already.

This was Bèla Tarr's mentor

nuggetcore

I've only seen The Round-Up by Jancso, and didn't quite like it that much. I'm planning to watch all Tarr's 10 favorite films he voted for in Sight & Sound poll. The Round-Up is one of them, and I have already seen about half of them.
bfi.org.uk/films-tv-people/sightandsoundpoll2012/voter/895

>one of the greatest cinematic achievements
>still haven't been release on Blu-ray format

WHY??????

It's on DVD. The film is kinda too long to fit blu-ray, probably. Then again, Shoah is on blu-ray iirc. Well we can just wait for Criterion, it might happen. But DVD is in satisfying quality imo.

Ozu
Hou Hsiao-Hsien
as far as slow cinema goes.

Tie Xi Qu: West of the Tracks

>DVD
>satisfying quality
HAHAHAHAHA
Do you download yify and xvid releases too?

>Ozu
seen enough
>Hou Hsiao-Hsien
alright will take a look, suggest me some film? a city of sadness will do?
Literally the next film on my list, watching it tomorrow.
Nope my collection is exclusively full 40 gb blu-rays and full DVD9 in case blu-ray doesn't exist.

>full dvd9

I used to this but really the quality is mostly shit.
Some films just don't deserve an SD transfer.
It just doesn't do them justice.

I remember downloading a dvd9 of Mother and Son, and holy fuck it's intolerable. I literally had to burn and watch it in a CRT tv.

Watch these if you haven't already and slow core :

1. A Borrowed Life
2. Yi Yi
3. A brighter summer day
4. What time is it there?
5. Uzak
6. Still Lives
7. Once upon a time in Anatolia
8. Red Desert
9. The Passenger
10. Marketa Lazarova
11. The Wind will carry us

*like slow core

fuck i need coffee

It's not so much about slow, but rather about bleakness.

based condescending all caps poster

The Human Condition