Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FFsb9jvEik4
youtube.com/watch?v=0h1WoQsLo8E
youtube.com/watch?v=y8yvnqHmFds
youtube.com/watch?v=0KkqAnemdMQ
youtube.com/watch?v=uV2jilTeuhM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I liked James. He was a dork but so are most of the characters in this show

Did he have Aspergers? And why is he a skinhead now?!

I like James a lot in the early episodes and FWWM, but that subplot where he gets framed for murder is pretty egregiously awful.

James was the fucking worst

>Has more scenes than some of the more interesting characters in the show
>Despite not having any plot relevance whatsoever

Also, he's like a fucking anime protagonist. An edgy pussy who somehow still gets all the girls

He's not a skinhead on the show itself, he was only shaven for the photoshoot.

every plotline was written on a back of an envelope, he's no worse than the screaming drawer knob. It's all shit, weird goofy shit.

Donna and James are just AWFUL

His problem was that he was in one of the dullest franchises in the history of TV franchises. Seriously, each episode following the boy FBI agent and his pals from Twin Peaks Sheriff Department as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Lynch vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing an episode; he made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for his meditation. The Twin Peaks series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least FWWM was good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the script was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a fire walk with me, the author wrote instead that the character "had the fury of his own momentum".

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Lynch's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that he has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Twin Peaks by the same Chris Carter. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are watching Twin Peaks at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to watch X-Files." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you watch "Twin Peaks" you are, in fact, trained to watch X-Files.

>tfw he was a musclebound hunk and now his body is ruined from accutane

Kek you're right but that's probably why I liked him. That scene of him playing guitar and singing with Laura and Maddy had me in stitches

>Musclebound
kek no

>that subplot where he gets framed for murder
The Pilot?

Fresh take and 100% true

I thought that scene was actually quite good, they were both competing for james' affection by indulging his playing, making the whole thing both real and surreal at the same time.

Yeah, that scene gets a lot of undeserved hate. It's definitely a little absurd, but that's part of the charm with Peaks.

Just You~~

I really liked that scene, but now Sup Forums has pointed out how stupidly high his voice is I can't watch it anymore.

All the characters were the fucking worst except for cooper

All of the FBI guys were great. Denise too.

The whole sheriff department was neat

the scenes with cooper and the police was comfycore

You know I think there is one difference between Twin Peaks and X-Files and that is that for all of the bad writing in X-Files it seems to accept that it has dud episodes, it doesn't hide from them. On the other hand Twin Peaks seems to double down on everything it does, it feeds the convolution, there's an illusion that it's all on purpose, it all has a meaning.
The X-Files feels like it's trying to be good, even when it's not, but I think Twin Peaks is trying to be weird.

>Tibetan method

managers must have told lynch to add some young love story with some drama to get the teenage girl demographic

He was a parody. A badly-handled-by-literally-everyone parody, but he was supposed to be kind of...funny.

Didn't all 50's rock n roll singers sing like that?

The only person I know of who sings that shitty is mike love

I'm pretty sure it became a fad after Frankie Valli started doing it.

Care to link a song that he does it on? I find it hard to believe that anybody could like that nasally whispery singing.

Well it's not really whispery, that was more of a late 80's dream pop thing, but it's that nasally falsetto that was big in the 50's
youtube.com/watch?v=FFsb9jvEik4
youtube.com/watch?v=0h1WoQsLo8E
youtube.com/watch?v=y8yvnqHmFds

True. I guess James had to do it all whispery to make his character more hate able lol. Gotta go download some Frankie vallie now.

He looks so meek in that picture. Reminds me of the virgin walk, but this is the virgin stand.

>video unavailable x 3

God I hate nutube, thank fuck youpak exists.

nah I think he means that strange rich woman he has a mini-affair with that goes nowhere

His storyline in part 2 was terrible and the lowpoint of the entire series. But that wasn't his fault, in scenes and plots that were well written he was good. People think back on him badly just because he had the bad luck to be in the worst subplots.

fuck off brian

I hope the whole sheriff's department come back, yes even Tommy Pickle, as long as that stupid baby plotline is finished.

Real human bean
And a real hero

>Tommy Pickle
who

Could somebody post the episode guide. I'm watching it the second time and I want to skip the boring parts.

youtube.com/watch?v=0KkqAnemdMQ

best character

James is based you fucking dweeb go back to r/twinpeaks with your unoriginal opinion.

KYS, watch the whole series you fucking idiot.

James is bad, but Nadine is far, far worse.

both are terrible

From Rugrats.

Does anyone else ironically love his scenes? They're so bad that I can't help but laugh.

James wasn't a dork he got the most pussy in the show with his James dean act.

When does the new series start? I almost forgot all about it desu

May

youtube.com/watch?v=uV2jilTeuhM

Worse scene in the show.

as expected of a scene that includes 3 of the worst characters in the show

One of my favorite scenes in Twin Peaks it's so absurd.

HEY NOW

What is he trying to convey with that expression?

>tfw you realize Cooper was the only likable character
>he didn't even do much

he wants to get on his bike and go

That scene and the band from the roadhouse created "shoegaze."

>not Shelly
>not Bobby
>not Audrey

>hating Horne brothers, Pete, and Bobby

Can't tell if this is bait, but shoegaze definitely existed before Twin Peaks

Bobby is an annoying cunt

Yea m8 I'm sure Kevin shields never would have made loveless if he hadn't been cringing through one of the most unnecessary scenes in television history.

IT'S EVOLVING, BURN IT WITH FIRE

Deadly Premonition is better than Twin Peaks.

Deadly P is a gem

More like deadly pee lmao

every thread

like clockwork

he said "likable" not "fuckable"

Both posts are true.

this post is false