Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree that Inception is the best movie of this century so far?

Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree that Inception is the best movie of this century so far?

That's a funny way to spell Mulholland Drive

Uhh did I take a wrong turn and arrive in reddit?

A toothpick, you want one?

what's the difference anymore

No, I usually like Nolan's work, but Inception isn't very good. It's where he starts to go down hill honestly.

Why the fuck would dreams influence any of your decisions? Also the more complex they are the more likely you are to shrug and forget em upon waking.

Please enlighten me as to why you think this could in any way be true.

>Also the more complex they are the more likely you are to shrug and forget em upon waking.

That's literally addressed in the film you turbo moron

>implying this movie has anything to do with dreams

>Why the fuck would dreams influence any of your decisions?
Sup Forums yet again proves it's too stupid for Hollywood blockbusters.

>IT WAS ALL A DREAM
>good

hmm

no, it's garbage that doesn't even feel like a dream.
I'm a big sci-fi fan and i had no interest whatsoever in rewatching it.
You probably only watch blockbusters. Compared to hunger games and marvel movies i can see why a dumbass would think it's the best movie of 2000+, but nope, not even close.
I mean, you're completely ignoring every oscar and cannes winner since, experimental cinema, documentaries, and even better blockbusters

did you watch the movie retard?

>did you watch the movie?

You said it yourself: It doesn't feel like a dream.
Because it has nothing to with human dreams. They created some silly cyber-space with artificial rules and called this "dream". It's a complete misuse of a word, nothing else.

Yes it was

>An original film idea (no franchise needed) that took the world by storm
>Intellectual enough to inspire debate and meaningful discussions of reality and dreams
>Entertaining enough for wider audiences to enjoy and understand the action
>Revolutionised the potential for CGI in films
>Inspired years of copycat movie trailers
>Powerful score with hundreds of imitators

In short, it entertained and changed cinema for years.

Paprika was better.

/thread

Nope. And replace century by "ever".

dumbfuck weebs nobody cares about your stupid opinion

>Inception was 17 years ago

(You)

wake up, it's 7 years

THAT'S NOT TRUE. THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE.

the whole sequence where the car crashes into the water is genuinely fucking fantastic. I hate nolan but have to admit that it is great. peak nolan.

>tfw to dumb to get it
So they are sleeping while sleeping?but how?I dont understand :/

top 5 I guess

>An original film idea

Nope. The dreams thing--Paprika did it first, so inception didnt really "break ground"

but the former was also way trippier, more confusing if you didnt keep up, and had barrier entry because of moonspeak animu

RotK is not nearly good enough to be called the best movie ever, let alone from the past century or even decade.

Bit difficult to narrow down unless you could quantify what "best" means.

I probably like all manner of shite you faggots wouldn't like and vice versa. Who's the authority on what *i* I like?

fpbp

Lynch's dream logic shows the Nolans up for the blabbering autists they are.

deep...

Except Paprika didn't invent shit involving dreams. Secondly, the 'dream' in Inception isn't a dream. It's got nothing to do with the act of dreaming.

kek, their record holder of oscars would like to disagree with you.

The oscars have been irrelevant since the 1900's and RotK isn't even the best LotR movie. Fuck off dumb ass.

Whine all you want bitch. LOTR is the best trilogy ever produced.

> what is the unconscious

No.

Inside Out was superior

Inception, Mulholland Drive, Paprika and The Return of the King are all great movies. Why do we bicker about meaningless shit that's all based on individual opinions anyway?

Agreed, my favorite moments in the film were the van falling in slo-mo and the guy scrambling on the rocky shores the dark suit all wet with that oppressive music

Oh fuck off. If you really wanted to trace back originality you could go all the way back to Decartes dream argument. It was definitely a unique and nuanced take on the concept.

>Why do we bicker about meaningless shit that's all based on individual opinions anyway?

That's the sole purpose of Sup Forums

Best english films of 21st century so far (2000-current):

1. The Tree of Life
2. Mulholland Drive
3. Inception
4. Drive
5. The Social Network

>tree of life

Haha, good one.

Where's the real number one?

>1. The Tree of Life
>3. Inception
>4. Drive
>5. The Social Network

no

shut the fuck up faggot I like inception but anyone screaming "contrarian" is a fucking idiot. lots of people in this thread agree too, and if someone has a different opinion, isn't it possible they simply didn't enjoy it?

>we're going inside a dream world where everything is possible, you'll see things you can't even comprehend
>low gravity hallway
>shootout on snowmobiles
wow Nolan has such a vivid imagination

Literally changed film forever.

It wasn't though

better movies off the top of my head

>No Country for Old Men
>The Departed
>There Will Be Blood
>Master and Commander
>Apocalypto
>Passion of the Christ
>Get the Gringo
>every Tarantino flick
>every LotR movie
>Shrek
>and The Nice Guys since I saw it last night

>every Tarantino flick
I bet you thought no one would notice if you put it in the middle Mr Memester.

hating Tarantino is the worst Sup Forums contrarian meme

literally every one of his movies is enjoyable to watch, even Death Proof

So, did they mind rape that Fischer guy, or what?

>implying death proof isn't his only good movie