A few enterprising Sup Forums users begin using 'kino' to denote quality films and lift the general level of...

>A few enterprising Sup Forums users begin using 'kino' to denote quality films and lift the general level of conversation on the board
>Sup Forums reacts by broadening the definition of 'kino' to 'literally everything'
>Business continues as usual

/cel/ when Hiroshimoot

Is this dumb frogpostkino?

Checked and kekked

It is, indeed, frogpostkino

>A few enterprising Sup Forums users begin using 'kino' to denote quality films and lift the general level of conversation on the board
Anyone who believes this should consider suicide.

Spotted the redditor

>kino is german for cine
>which is short for cinema
>which is what this board is about

makes sense tbqh

kino analysis

Thanks for the kino compliment brother

>complains about pervasive memes while frogposting

wew

>a few snobs avant-teens from Sup Forums try to infiltrate Sup Forums culture
>they use the german word for cinema to replace the ''patrician'' term
>a few people take the shitty bait
>it backfires completely

Serves you right for trying to force stupid terms.

poasting in a kino thred

Get a room already you two

What kind of kino accommodations do you recommend? I mean, if we're gonna get a room it's gotta be pure unadulterated kino, you know?

but for the room we need a key, no?

From now on all kino motion pictures are called Kultura, so that kino can spread it's meaning.

pretty good

Kino is pure audio-visual flow, kinetic: movement, film as music ie based around tempo, intuitive and sensitive visual storytelling, rather than filmed theater or possessing didactic pretenses

It goes back to the abstract nature of silent cinéma, genres may vary, it can be arthouse poetry like Malick, experimental autism like Brakhage, genre potboiler like Mann or even mass blockbuster like Miller

Other various examples: Buster Keaton, Robert Bresson, Andrei Tarkovsky, Sergio Leone, NW Refn, even JL Godard

Criticisms of kino you'll often hear is 'it didn't even have a script!' 'it didn't have a story!'

Hope that helps

>Jean-Luc Godard, I respect him a lot for how he sees things and approaches filmmaking... Some of the things in his films are admirable, however I cannot consider him a complete filmmaker. What he does isn't cinema. He uses cinema. It's like Ingmar Bergman, who uses cinema to create literature. Godard uses cinema to paint with music. (…) He is the filmmaker I feel the closest to today. Godard's work intersects with mine. We share a common trait. Everything we do relies on inherently cinematic writing. We only express ourselves through images and sounds.
- S. Leone

>[About potential Mad Max spin-off kinos]: It would be wonderful if it was someone like Guillermo [del Toro] or someone like that it would be fantastic. There are several. I would say there are three, but I won’t say who they are. I keep talking about this being visual music, you need someone very, very strong on film language and syntax. It’s not just lumping a whole lot of action together without any coherence.”
- G. Miller

>[on "For Your Eyes Only"] "It filled me with wonder because of its cinematographic writing ... if I could have seen it twice in a row and again the next day, I would have done."[71][72]
- R. Bresson, who only late in his life realized that action films were the ones doing the "pure cinema" he was searching for his whole life

Kino pasta

TL;DR Batman v Superman

First there was the movie or film meme.
Then the meme became flick - movie - film - cinema.

And kino literally means "cinema" in some parts of the eastern europe and germany etc so kino became the highest ranking form of a visual medium in the meme.
But the the word kino latched on as an expression for a film which uses the visual medium at it's full potential which people used to trigger others or just as a "this is a good movie" statement.

Thee word itself was perfect because no one outside of Sup Forums could understand the meaning, now the entirety of reddit using "kino" when talking about literally whatever like it's a BAZINGA joke.

It was always a trash meme, but now it's a meaningless trash meme.

The sense of the word is in its original Greek meaning - movement.

On Sup Forums it used to be used in a meme sense to mean movies that invoked the kinetic aspect of pure cinema rather than prosaic elements like plot, characters, dialogue etc.

Newfag redditors think it means 'any movie I like'

kino means movie in german and its not from your boy loving ancient greeks

kino bait though, you got me

actually kino means movie THEATER in german. in a broader sense it also means "kind/genre of film", so you might read something like "XY is great superhero kino". but it doesn't mean "movie" per se

thanks for the kino clarification amigo

Ancient Greek: kινέω (kinéō, “I move”)

>removing the I and placing it in the front to make it say I move instead of movie

kino bait once again

you are both right, it's a Greek loanword in German, so a "kino" is a place where you show the "moving pictures", i.e. "movies"

I think Sup Forums introduced Sup Forums to kino becouse of the Call of Duty: Black Ops map "kino der toten"

Beat me to itkino

>frog poster
kino incoming

is this mutilation kino?

Bane?