So was it good?

So was it good?

"Not muh" weeb babies need not reply.

It's not good. It's probably exactly as you expect. Whether you enjoy it is down to you.

it was okay.

plot falls flat at the end. they shoehorn in scenes from the original despite the narrative not really needing them. visuals were pretty.

6.5/10

It was boring.

even from a non-fan perspective it was trash.

the terrorist reveal was bad.

Nope. The plot was awful, acting was mediocre, scores were forgettable. Visuals were fantastic though.

It wasn't that bad
I'd say like a 6.5-7/10. Way more enjoyable if you've seen the films, because you can appreciate the little details someone put in, but it felt lackluster because they needed the water down the philosophical aspects and make it more casual movie goers.
If it does well enough to warrant a sequel, they need to let the director and writers have much more creative freedom to make a movie that has a bit more weight to it
Overall though, its worth a watch

How would I know, I haven't seen it. Stop asking me stupid questions.

It's like the Matrix Reloaded.

Kind of looks like the Matrix but boring.

it's cyberpunk "kino" so not really other than the aesthetics

Yes, the only people criticizing this are liberals whining about muh whitewashing

scarjo climbs out of the water and takes off her tight wetsuit, but she's facing away from the camera.

i can't remember if Batou had his x-ray vision at that point or not.

yeah! the fuck was up with that? in the manga and all of the anime, Togusa is a white guy, but they got a japanese actor to play him? THAT'S RACIST!

WORDS ARE VERY
UNNECESSARY

It was just okay.

You're better off waiting for a torrent.

>my name is Major and I give my consent

I stood up and walked out of the theater

>terrorists

ELAA GOVENAH WE WUSZ MINGS

I liked it

Batou was the only good character/actor
everyone else and especially takeshi seemed to be phoning it in

hahaha, they got your ticket money anyway, din't they?

White people really hate Asians, it's weird.

We love their ideas, we just hate the people.

i thought Aramaki was cool, but his face wasn't ape-like enough, and none of the team made any jokes about "ol' Ape-face" like they did in the other works.

He did but it would do little good since all that would show is her Skeleton.

It's a shot for shot from the 1995 when he looks at her back. I'll give the film credit they showed the lines on her back where the parts of her connect.

Are the Arise movies any good?
Have already read the first two volumes adapted into the movie by Oshii and watched all the animated stuff, though my memory on SAC isn't too sharp.

They just rehashes the plot to RoboCop. Instead of a ploiceman they kidnap a Japanese girl and put her into a jews's body

>Are the Arise movies any good?

avoid at all cost

cons:
>muh consent
>nobody taught scarjo how to hold a gun
>felt like any chinese sci-fi action movie with GitS as a cover.

pros:
>clint mansell
>interesting visuals during x-ray/dive for 3d

there were a few nice scenes. scarjo has a really nice body. the action wasn't all that - i felt like the bullets/punches/kicks felt very "light." It was an overly choreographed movie in terms of fighting, and not in a good way. john wick was pretty choreographed and yet everything felt like it had impact in that movie.

in the anime, things felt heavy too.

additionally, the movie has that feeling of embarrassment to it, since the original anime/movie isn't this cringey. it's very much "dad walks in on the worst possible scene" type of film.

1.5/5

but Kazakhstan has the jew races though. Throw the jew down the well and all that jazz.

I saw it in 3d because it was my birthday and YOLO. I don't feel like 3d really added anything to the movie, but it's the best cyberpunk movie ever made
If you let polydicks get in the way of enjoying a good movie then go to Sup Forums

The editing of this movie is a fucking disaster.

If you hate fight scenes that cut too quickly to establish smooth action lines then you came to the wrong neighbourhood motherfucker.

In addition, I usually don't spot or pay much mind to continuity errors either, but fucking hell they were glaring here. One scene in particular has a CEO character placing his knuckles on a desk to be threatening - the camera is directly behind his hand and the sound of the knuckles rapping is very prominent... then in the next shot from the other direction his hands are sitting flat against the table.
Finally, everything is so fucking dark, it may well be a darker movie than Suicide Squad. You can tell many environments have been painstakingly recreated but you can't fucking see shit because 90% of the frame is almost complete darkness and the other 10% is glaring neon hologram effects that prevent your eyes from adjusting.

The best looking parts are outdoors in daylight when there's no action going on, because the world is clearly represented in cuts long enough to actually register what you're fucking seeing.

I haven't watched it yet but it is impossible for me to locate an unbiased opinion among people irl

This movie is too divisive

Goats In Hell

>25 Million opening day
>Boss baby beats it
FUCK YOU HOLLYWOOD
GET FUCKING REKT SOULLESS CASH GRAB CUNTS

I saw it yesterday in IMAX and their was only 20 other people in the theater.

They're definitely the worst of the animated adaptations, but for the most part they're not awful.

Baka gaijins should stay out of my superior 100 years hand drawn japanese cartoons

Asians are like the only non-white safe race to make fun off now dude

No joke I felt the CGI didn't hold a candle to the original 1995 animation

>terrorist reveal
>jimmy darmody channeling Microsoft Sam

I don't think any CG has ever rivalled animation.
CG can look great but it never fully fits into the world whereas in animation it all fits the style.

I saw it just fine get your eyes checked lol

So, real talk, how many weaaboos can I expect in the movie theater?

>So was it good?
no

It will be fucking empty

>Togusa is a white guy
No, not really. SAC's way of designing things makes race very different to see, but the difference between every Togusa and,say, the british lady in SAC, the scientist in Innocence, or the Puppetmaster in 1995 is very evident. Also, he's from Japan and has little cyberization.

If one of the characters HAD to be japanese, alongside Pazu and Saito, it's Togusa. AND THEY FUCKING CASTED A CHINESE.

I really don't get the complaints. How on the nose does a movie have to be for them to not have to yell and scream about how wrong something is? It's self-evidently wrong to put a Japanese girl's brain in a white woman's body and wipe her memory! and wiping her memory is the worse of the two!

>I really don't get the complaints. How on the nose does a movie have to be for them to not have to yell and scream about how wrong something is? It's self-evidently wrong to put a Japanese girl's brain in a white woman's body and wipe her memory! and wiping her memory is the worse of the two!
Who cares about spoiler a fuck awful movie? FUCK OFF SHILL!

what the fuck dude

I haven't seen the movie and I don't plan to
we're in the fucking global seat of autism, if anyone cares about spoilers it's people here

This
The movie was good enough on its own and didnt really need scense from the original anime film.

Ita a good movie and i give it an 8/10
S.Johanson was better than i expected her to be as the major.

Better than the 95 movie and SAC series. But those are pretty low bars. They literally cut all the fat from GitS and what you're left with is a bog standard sci-fi romp.

I've never been more bored while in a theater. Dozed off multiple times.

We had kong. That was amazingly shit. People were throwing popcorn at each other across the theatre, it was that boring.