Another reason why the Sonics should exist: amount of rivalries

Imagine all the rivalries the Sonics would have:

Thunder-Sonics (Fuck Clay Bennett)
Thunder-Kings (fuck David Stern Part 2)
I-5 rivalry with Portland
Sonics-Warriors rivalry (SF and Seattle are natural rivals)

Seattle is the 3rd most important West Coast city, with a deep basketball history. When we come back, you will ALL know

no thanks
t. Bonney Lake resident

yeah but seattle is full of obnoxious whiny shitters who wants that

YEAH BOYEEEEEEEEEEE

You can stop falseflagging now

What falseflagging? The new arena is going to be lit and we're going to get the NHL. It's only a matter of time before the Sonics come as well.

This. NHL or fuck off with that new team shit.

>Soyattle Soynics

>Soyattle
>Seahawks are thoroughly supported and have been since 1983

uh-huh

t. falselflagging Commiefornian trying to make Seattle fans look bad
We're not getting a new arena because the communist mayor is afraid to build it and squander more tax money at city dwellers' expenses. Thankfully I don't live there but I just know it's going to get shot down time and time again like it has before. What will likely happen is that Bettjew will give >us a hockey team for the remodeled Key Arena and that will determine everything. Either way, don't get your hopes up yet.

>Muh sonics got stolen from us
>Tries to steal Sacramento's team

Well, a new arena hasn't exactly helped Sacramento win games, no?

Why abandon something just built for them? It's not that the Kings suck or anything either, it's because of their owner and GM both being incompetent faggots. Kings fans are still extremely loyal to their team despite this all. I'd feel shitty taking them away.

No but moving to OKC sure seemed to help the sonics/thunder

Do you know why the Sonics got relocated? It's because no one gave a shit when it was brought up. And aside from some meme campaign it wasn't only realized until the last minute. Combine that with nightmare options on how to get to Key Arena and shit public transportation at the time and it makes complete and total sense.

We aren't getting them regardless but it seemed shitty when we had an arena plan that the NBA suddenly wants to save an NBA franchise in a city that is in an oversaturated sports market.

We gotta start somewhere. I actually like Key Arena, but I can see why the NBA doesn't.

the league needs an eastern expansion team though :(

Key Arena as a place to watch a game was fine. And renovations are probably going to be a bonus, but with Bettjew more likely to give >us a team over Silver , you can expect NHL to come first. Then look at the economic impact of what a remodeled Key Arena brings to the table, as well as perhaps revamped public transport with Prop 1 passing in 2016 likely going to put Light Rail there in the coming decades or so. Overall these are just ideas, and are safe to say it's a long shot at best. Although, if Bettman was in Seattle today to discuss plans, it's a good start.

Would it be an expansion team or would there be a team relocating there?

Give a team to Seattle, then bring the Kentucky Colonels back to Louisville

My hope is expansion but that might take a longer time. I'd hate to steal a team though. Can't help but think that was us a decade ago, don't want it happening anywhere else.

What if it was like the LA Clippers? Do they even have fans?

>NHL team
please no I don't want to have to deal with seattlefaggles in my league

How would they be any different than Vancouver?

I wold do it but I was told they are making a new area

Can't understand those chinks most of the time so that's easier to deal with.

Nothing is official yet. It's just a proposal as far as I know

Wouldn't NHL in Seattle just be extra home games for the Canucks?

probably. whenever the mariners play the blue jays there are more Canadians there because the the guys from across the boarder but up all the tickets for those specific games