JUST

>The author claims The Conjuring, The Conjuring 2 and Annabelle infringe on his exclusive rights to create derivative works based on the Warrens' cases. He says, in a 1978 agreement for his book, the couple agreed to a no "competing work" provision that is still in effect. Under it, Brittle says, the Warrens aren't allowed to make or contract any works based on the "same subject" as The Demonologist, specifically their "lives and experiences as paranormal investigators."

Don't worry, Justice League will do 2 Billion Dollars so they can take over it

The husband was such a perfect dad character
I love him so much ://

>wait til the movies do gangbusters
>GIBE MONIE PLS HUEHUEHUEHUE

Good luck, pal.

>2

Typo?

WB has to prove these are “historical facts” ahahahah GL with that one

>ghosts aren't real

lol, epic, I like it

can somebody break down this contrieved retarded nonsense?

They agreed to a book deal regarding their made up ghost bullshit that stated they could not make any other deals about media regarding their made up ghost bullshit.

You can't decipher those 3 sentences? Some writer claims he bought the rights to these ghost stories a long time ago.

It won't go anywhere, Disney get sued for plagiarism every year, last time for Zootopia

good

fuck them. I can't believe people thought The Conjuring was one of the best horror films OF THE DECADE. Like, what the flying fuck? It makes me sick. One guy makes a movie that's not bye bye man and people go apeshit. It's insane.

The Warrens got a man convicted of murder by edging him on in a case when he was clearly mentally unstable just to get money off it.
That faggot old bitch should be in prison and so should her dead rat-fucker husband.

It'll still need to make 3 Billion Dollars to break even though

This happens about 10 times a year and the studios never lose

GIDF pls leave

HISSSSSSSSSSSSS
I'LL BE BACK GOY

Disney has more money than Oprah

WB is weeks from bankruptcy it's why they need AT&T to buy them so bad

>forgetting marketing costs

>WB is weeks from bankruptcy

It made over $700m of pure profit last year you miserable Disneyshill

>he believes in invisible faries

Compared to Disney's 6.5 billion of pure profit, that's chump change.

they'll be fine

Hopefully Snyder can buy them out and finally complete his vision to save capeshit.

It's called capekino you dip

>WB is weeks away from bankruptcy
This is some top tier delusion. 2016 was their most profitable year ever and they are the second biggest studio

What is the best horror movie of the decade then?

The Vvitch

I haven't seen that one yet so I won't argue.

Me, too. I wish I could s his d.

>Implying it'll even pass one billion

depends on the score. It might break 1 billion. Then Dc fanboys will lose their shit. I am waiting on the Wonder Woman movie. If it's bad, then I am not going to see Justice League.

Why would the quality of one movie with a different writing and directorial team effect your decision to see another?

>I am waiting on the Wonder Woman movie. If it's bad, then I am not going to see Justice League.

What kind of retarded logic is that?

It's not great but it's definitely the best. It Follows would be a strong contender if they didn't have that weird fucking second half that was retarded.

Nightcrawler could also kind of be seen as a horror movie but it's more of a thriller I guess.

>A movie is bad
>Refuse to watch a movie by a different director, writer, producer and cast just because its the same studio

Are you just pretending to be a moron?

I don't know I'd even call it Horror, loved the film but it wasn't scary and doesn't stay on your mind.

Nightcrawler is not a horror film.

That breaking into a house just after a murder scene spooked me.

So you could say that it was quite a thrill?

that wasnt the discussion moron, pay attention and or take your company war shit to another thread

It was a scare

One scare doesn't make it a horror movie.

Apparently no scares at all can make a horror movie though

That's attempted scares + atmosphere.

it had good scares and good atmosphere
I got thrilled and I got chilled

Yeah, but it has more in common with a noir movie than a horror movie though. I do not believe it is intended to be a horror movie. It's a crime thriller with a bit more chills than usual.

I'm not saying it's full blown horror, it's definitely a thriller primarily.

Why? Because Wondy is my second favorite superhero. If she they ruin her, then I'm done. I didn't care for Man of Steel, BvS frustrated the shit out of me and suicide squad just pissed me off. If the Wonder Woman movie is shit, I am not watching Justice League. Why would I want to support WB when they're batting 0 - 4 with me?

And I'm saying it's entirely a thriller. All it's chills are derived from being spooked and off put by sleazy criminals and their callous crimes.
Let's not forget people used get spooked and disturbed by how casual and cruel all the murder scenes in The Godfather were. You wouldn't call that horror film.

I dunno that horse scene was spooky.

How can you own the rights to someone's life?

Obviously it's bullshit but in theory these events actually happened to the warrens themselves and are real things that happened
It's like if the federal government sued Oliver stone for JFK because it was based on the Warren Report

WAH WAH WAHHH

This one gets to stay

>sign agreement that every brown turd you shit out on toilet is actually warner brothers.

>start selling greenish brown turds.
noo you cant own someones life!

Not sure where you're going with this. Unless the writer made up the stories himself he doesn't have much of a case

What a shitty contract. No media until what, the death of the author/rights holder?