Dark Tower

Do you think it is going to be good, Sup Forums?

Will it be 18+´?

They obviously don't care about being respectful to the source material, so no, I don't think it'll be good.

If it's not 18+ then it's going to be even worse.

only if they make his legless girlfriend white and have her call him a nigger and coon

Stephen King is such a pushover for letting these cultural revolutionaries use his work to push passive aggressive racial messages against whites

Those books kind of suck anyway though. They're alright at parts, but for the most part it's just a bunch of boring ad hoc monotony

>wizard and glass movie
holy fuck yes please W&G\The Gunslinger\The Wind Through the Keyhole are the thee actually good books in the dark tower series and W&G is by far the best one .
i'd even say they could make it into a miniseries with a flashback episode to gilead and roland becoming a gunslinger .
cast some 10/10 semon demon as susan delgado , good actors for cuthbert alain and roland and you have plenty of material for ~8 eps of the situation in mejis getting fucked ending in en epic and tragic showdown.

>got delayed for the emoji movie
>produced by Sony

No hope of it being good

>don't care about being respectful to the source material
isnt the movie's plot a new story within the dark tower universe ? like its not an direct adaptation of any of the books so how is it not respectful to the source ?.

You talkin' shit about an emoji movie, bitch?

A Wizard & Glass movie really needs to flesh out John Farson.

It's supposed to be a sequal with Roland going through his journey and succeeding this time so making him a different race makes no sense. He's still the same character who decended from King Arthur who's supposed to basically be John Wayne, but considering every work of King including movies and mini-series is its own universe it's only slightly acceptable

could be a great way to introduce him for a tv show about the nine years between mejis and the battle of jericho hill, show could end with roland in the desert.
from the ending to TDK i got that this gan\dark tower\whatever decided to fuck with roland and there's a many-worlds-interpretation type thing with an infinitely many rolands going through the loop from the desert to the tower each time something is different , so im guessing a different looking roland isnt out of the question .
although roland's looks are so iconic to the dark tower i really wish they didnt change them and they play a role in a few places in the story .maybe they'll do something equally good with the new actor but i doubt it .
they could also explain why he want to go to the tower better then 'a magic orb fucked his brain into wanting to go there' .

Gan/God basically put Roland in an endless time loop, but supposedly he now has the Horn of Gilead for this run and will succeed. I just feel like of you're going to tell the story that ends a series you should try to stick as close as possible. I'd be okay with it if we got some kind of miniseries to basically explain the fail timeline the books cover and have him star in that first. I actually like Idris and I think he'll do a good job, but it's mildly jarring to read the books constantly describe him and then go straight into the movie where he's changed races

>check the IMDB page
>casting adult roland, susan delgado and jake
u w0t isnt she dead like 30 years before roland meets jake ?

I will not watch or read anything associated with King.

WE

literally fucking this

only if Susan gets BLACKED

Of course it is going to be good!! How do I know this? well they cast a non-white actor to play a white character and in 2017 that is all that matters isn't it?

Wasn't she Ed's GF in the books? It's been a long time since I read them

Stephen King is a faggot and a shitty author

Yes

Like, ever? No Shawshank or Shinning?

I was surprised by how good The Wind Through the Keyhole was, even the filler story of the kid trying to avenge his father was pretty awesome but I enjoyed the Skin Man stuff more. I avoided it after it got published considering I'm not much of a fan of King's newer material but I was pleasantly surprised by it.

Surprised he hasn't written another Dark Tower novel to cash in on the movie. Shame, I would've loved a Battle of Jericho novel since I feel like that's something we need to see how all the Gunslingers got wiped out.

It's been at least a decade since I read these books but where did Roland first learn about the tower, from Merlin's ball?

No I watched some a while ago but not anymore.

>now has the Horn of Gilead for this run and will succeed
in what way did he 'fail' exactly ? its been a while since i read it but didnt he get into the tower despite not having the horn ?.does the tower want him to get in 'properly' by sounding the horn at the door and will fuck with him until it does ?. so he went towards the center because he wanted to stop the people fucking with the beams and reach the tower because the magic orb gave him visions of it ?.
they're both 'white' tho (i think susan is part 'latin' or something) although im not sure dark tower universe has the 'races' we have in ours, i mean king did write about the mutants and some other new 'races' (i think they even meet some in WoTC)

your loss senpai , king's books are a rollercoaster , he has horseshit (song of susannah\the dark tower) mixed in with real jewels (wizard and glass, the stand ,insomnia,many of his short stories)

He and the man in black palaver in the mountains. He learns all about it there in some out of body, cosmic revelation.

I think it's more implied that he failed to keep his promise to Cuthbert and bring the horn with him. He wakes up at the end with it so this time he will kexperience his promise and his endless punishment journey will end

IIRC when he's fighting farson's dudes at the end of wizard and glass in the thinny the pink ball gives him a vision of the tower and (im pretty sure) fucks with time transporting them forward and not giving them time to save susan

he follows the man in black so he would tell him how to get there or something but he knows about the tower since wizard and glass .
also holy fuck if the series was as good as the ending of the gunslinger implied it is. i wish there was a dark tower for king IRL that would make him rewrite the series until its all the gunslinger-tier good.

>spend decades searching for a tower
>sacrifice people for it and fight countless times against overwhelming odds to get to it
>it wont let you in because you promised something to a friend 40 years ago that you can only fulfill with a specific object
ffs the tower could cut him some slack ,he did say the names of all his friends that died in the field of roses , couldnt the tower just let him in or tell him to get the horn and come back i mean erasing his memory and resetting time seems a bit harsh.

>wizard and glass, the stand ,insomnia,many of his short stories

The Insomnia audio book is pretty good. I hoped for a Wizard and Glass movie for years and I now believe the DT series really is unfilmable.

What's being made now isn't what made the books popular. The problem with Hollywood isn't all the "Yes Men" it's the lack of "No Men". As in NO, that isn't right, NO sorry, race is important to at least the main characters

Gan works in mysterious ways. Sometimes he fucks over Roland, sometimes he births creatures like It, and sometimes he sets off nukes in Las Vegas

>casting a black guy as the character that's supposed to look like fucking Clint Eastwood with his blue eyes referenced every other sentence in the books.

>director proceeds to tell all the "racist" fans who point out the character is supposed to look like Eastwood to go to hell

I'll not be seeing it strictly because the director is a prick.

This sounds absolutely horrible. What the fuck are they thinking?

I couldn't possibly imagine

idris could play roland perfectly fine (notice i said 'could' , if i HAD to bet i'd say it will be meh but fuck knows) aside from the drawing of the three race is inconsequential in the series and even if its not they could spin in some other way around since all the dark tower stuff is happening on a gorillion parallel worlds , each different . maybe in some gilead is all black or something . only race-obsessed americlaps care about this shit .

>DT series really is unfilmable.
may be the reason they're doing a new story for the movie and not adapting the series . also if anything IS filmable its wizard and glass . its a perfect self contained fantasy-western with a really nicer ballad feel to it .

yea king sure loves his deus ex machina, i just really wanted something good after 7 books and 'LMAO DUDE U HAV 2 GO BACK U FORGOT THE HORN RETARD' is not exactly how i expected the series to conclude . if any of his books had perfect endings its wizard and glass.

I still think the extended ending to The Stand is one of the best he's written, but I'm biased since it's my favorite book of his

honestly roland being black isnt as much a dealbreaker as it is an indicator of king\the director being out of touch with the aesthetic,atmosphere and feel of the dark tower and everything which made the books good.

he could make a great roland but its probably a story without a dark-tower feel shoehorned into the dark tower universe .maybe its a good movie but its probably not a good dark tower movie .

the audiobook is without the extended ending right ?. i honestly dont remember if i ever finished it, i think i got to stu watching the nuke go off and then my phone died and i forgot about it or something.
honestly my favorite parts were the epidemic and the world going to shit , i think its the best epidemic story i've ever read . once all the visions and freezone stuff started it turned from amazing to ok-meh to me .

Even with all the multiple universes I always felt like there was only one Roland and the plane Roland, Gilead, In World, Mid World, and All world existed on was the main plane of existence since it's where the physical manifestation of the Tower resides.

I've never heard the audiobook and now I want to. The extended ending is Flagg waking up on a beach with dark skinned islanders seeing him as a new god

>A gum-chewing cutie with rollers in her blonde hair sat in the box office listening to Led Zep on her transistor and reading one of the tabloids of which Mrs. Shaw was so fond. To her left, in the theater's remaining display case, there was a poster showing Clint Eastwood.
>Jake knew he should get moving—three o'clock was almost here— but he paused a moment anyway, staring at the poster behind the dirty, cracked glass. Eastwood was wearing a Mexican serape. A cigar was clamped in his teeth. He had thrown one side of the serape back over his shoulder to free his gun. His eyes were a pale, faded blue. Bombardier's eyes.
>It's not him, Jake thought, but it's almost him. It's the eyes, mostly ... the eyes are almost the same.

Jake will see a poster for Prometheus and notice Elba.