What does Sup Forums think of The Descent?

What does Sup Forums think of The Descent?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i3YPmgWFfPo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's one of the few believable horror transitions. Characters start with societally correct actions and slowly take on harder and harder survival actions.

The fact that it's all women makes it somehow more primal.

10/10
it has a real claustrophobic feel throughout the whole movie

part 2 was trash though

Great horror flick.

8/10, my friend set it up for me and I went "oh okay" and we watched it, and I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't total trash. This shared experience raises the memory of the film for me in addition to its own merits.

Very, very simple elements, not over-complicating things at all. chicks wanna go spelunking and everything goes to hell.

Depending on the cuts/endings one watches, one may come away (IIRC, it's been years) that the protagonist has already been dead for years and this whole business is a hell-hallucination all along. This is an impressionistic view that I have from watching the film and its alternate ending(s?) years ago.

I got dragged into seeing this knowing nothing about it at all and man did that make this movie 100000 times better. Great atmosphere. Great cast and that theme song holy shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=i3YPmgWFfPo

I loved how it transitioned from a claustrophobic horror movie to some shit about underground monsters out of nowhere. Also fuck the American ending.

I still need to show this to my friends who have no idea what it's about.

It was great right up to the point where they started fighting back. Shit was pure cheese.

It was decent

:]

Pretty great until the first creature attack. It devolves into a standard horror flick after that.

I love the book it was based on. The Descent by Jeff Long. The movie felt like a chapter unrelated to the main plot but still connected to it, I enjoyed it, especially the ending.

i already told you to off yourself my man, get to it

It was shit.

Did she deserve it lads?

I saw it when I was 16.
Too spoopy. Felt nothing but anxiety and depression watching it.

>The Descent
I think that was the point

good post esp. for triggering this chucklehead

I mean at a certain point, you got to break the girl code and feed her to rape-y cave monsters, ya know?

It was okay. I wish the monsters were more deformed and strange, and not just bald retards with bad teeth.

they take a trip to england?

it was decent

its kaving-kino

Would have loved to see more stuff from the book, especially the crazy man that lived down in the caves or maybe the sequel could have been about the science expedition that the book had with elements taken from "deeper", like the devil.

was good at first then it went into stupid action fight em up scenes

Anyone remember the alternate ending?