1. Not fat

1. Not fat.

2. But muh philosophy.

3. Best scene LOOK! THIS IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!

youtube.com/watch?v=msUF-nAe9uw

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SSUhVLaxlZc
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp_R2eDKOTU
youtube.com/watch?v=W-P_TyIyElU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

As I understand it there is no "best" version of this story, not the manga, anime series or movies so I dont see why everyone is freaking out.

If you want to see a franchise be shat all over go watch Assassin's Creed.

I grew up with the anime movie and honestly is not that great of a masterpiece, just like Akira is not the masterpiece most normies think it is, what im saying is dont get meme'd Sup Forums into thinking the anime is the absolute truth.

I will give it a chance, not hype but a bit curious.

The movie was good, don't let anyone else lead you to believe otherwise. You don't have to go see it if you don't want to but it was good.

youtube.com/watch?v=SSUhVLaxlZc

it was amazing but she is white so 1/10

no more white movies!

>THIS CANNOT BE HAPPENING! I'M IN CHARGE HERE!

Im asuming you didnt see Assassins Creed, im telling you its even worse than that shit, at least the RE movies has hot bitches and action, this AC movie completely blew it.

What was the deal with the mom saying she saw glimpses of her daughter everywhere on that street? Was that just a mothers loss/sadness until she saw major or where there a bunch of other chicks with motoko's mind out there?

Fucking hell...

I legit really want this movie on blu ray. I wanna know how they pulled off some of the visuals they did.

It's seriously a shame that it's not doing well, reviewers are shitheads and they need to understand that normies don't care if it's not as deep as the original.

Same here. I hope they release an unrated edition

Sometimes all of those people saying the opposite of the popular opinion are actually correct.

You won't regret watching this movie. That is unless you walk in with your mind half made up or obsess over differences of the source material.

Try to enjoy it, and you will.

Weebs and SJWs still hating on this for no good reason?

>muh whitewashing

>casting choices hurt minorities
I get that it's pretty silly a white woman gets to play the main role, but these fucking morons make any argument in this sense a complete joke due to their retarded views.

Muh Sienna.

>An anime character who was originally drawn with White female features is not played by an Asian woman

Mother's sadness.

Okay so the story probably sucks but how's the cinematography? The world looked way too fucking colorful for a GitS movie so please say something other than "muh gorgeous scenery." I'm talking about just normal frame cinematography and editing stuff. Is it just more generic cut every 2 second shit or what?

>Go in expecting over the top Terminator 3 like action
>Get surprised with a decent slower paced origin story with great characters

MAJOR DOES NOT LOOK LIKE A SLOPE.

EVER.

SHE WAS NOT GOING TO BE A NIGRA OR A FUCKING JAV OR A FUCKING TRANSBENDER MUSLIM.

THESE PEOPLE WOULD PROBABLY CAST RINKO KIKUCHI TO PLAY MISATO.

One of the few times in my life I've thought "yknow, I kinda hope they actually make a sequel."

that soundtrack sounds Mass Effect as fuck, and that "scanning" vfx looks like Deux Ex Machina.

Are we finally entering the era of Vidya kino?

The odds of which are currently slim, because of how everyone is so gay and retarded.

>Okay so the story probably sucks but how's the cinematography?
Fucking fantastic. The cameraman really had a good eye to make good use of shadows, when people were looking thru windows he really made good use of the glass being used as a mirror and picking out certain objects to stand out.

yeah, fuck people for not wanting this shit

The visuals look GOAT and /cyb/ as all hell compared to any film before it. However, ScarJo's acting is just...awful.

For fucks sakes, why did they have to choose ScarJo? She can't act worth shit. She's ruining the entire atmosphere of the movie.

>that soundtrack sounds Mass Effect as fuck
my thoughts exactly

Were you the balding, obese, and wheezing black man sitting next to me when I saw this?

>the story probably sucks
It doesn't

>how's the cinematography?
It's not extraordinary but it fits the tone of the movie, if that makes sense.
There is one small part that was strobing electro-baton swinging that would have given me a seizure if it lasted much longer than it did though

Honestly even the flaws people have I think could be fixed easily. Introducing a weird plot about cyborgs in neo-Tokyo is easy in a niche jap anime movie where people expect that and animation suspends disbelief, but no way normies would accept that in an American live action movie, ESPECIALLY not if they start quoting Descartes.

Give them cash to make a sequel and they could go full Innocence or some shit but yeah not gonna happen now.

Fucking critics. What else do they want? quip films over and over? I wanted to like Skull Island but it was so rushed due to it being connected to a cinematic universe that we didnt get any characters to care about

For some (((reason))) she got famous and somehow because she played in capeshit studios now assume that she's bankroll material, therefore casting her is their main priority despite her glaring acting flaws.

>ScarJo's acting is just...awful.

Don't lie on the internet famalam

The cinematography is good enough to make "the simple story" nearly irrelevant and still be a GOOD MOVIE

Not fat, but short and thick. That's a "major" difference *See what I did "she" chose a super hot body to get people to hesitate when shooting.

At this point I think the cultural significance of the originals will die. Whedontards love their tough women. Even if she was a male the entire time to get better reactions.

Pseudopschycology went out the door with the matrix and their shit sequels. Plus half the hopeful fans watched the series before seeing a high profile movie on a beloved franchise.

Nice. That's all I really wanted was an above average movie with some actual skill involved. Might have to give it a shot.

I won't watch it, I'm sure it's not offensively bad, just perfectly bland and mediocre like I imagine the Total Recall remake to be. From the few scenes I've seen, it looks like soulless, visionless trash that just try hard to re-create scenes from Oshii's film. It's fanboy wank. It looks off, too much CGI, etc. whereas the animated film was undeniably unique looking. You can tell this director has respect for the material but no ideas of his own. Whereas when I see Matrix, which was derivative and had all these similar influences, I can tell it's still unique and driven by a real vision from the filmmakers. Having said that, the material is so strong aesthetically, that even poorly ripping off scenes from it put it above the average Hollywood blockbuster in terms of world building, production value, set design, etc. It does look colorful and atmospheric without being tasteless. The same critics who shit on it but mindlessly praise equally soulless trash like Disney Marvel are retards.

It's probably cause she's Jewish too, and we all know how the tribe prefers their own...

I'm not lying. I'm legitimately put off by her acting. Every time she talks, the moment of immersion dissolves and I have to get back into it. And her movements are so...static. She doesn't seem to move naturally at all (yeah, I know they use cables and shit, but still)

Watch this before watching the movie
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp_R2eDKOTU

They nailed Batou's love for dogs in this movie.

Seriously try to name another movie that blends and uses other source material so well

Holy fuck nigga you just got your bib caught in the fridge door didn't you?

had an unreal tournament 3 feel to it for me

>I won't watch it, I'm sure it's not offensively bad, just perfectly bland and mediocre like I imagine the Total Recall remake to be.
Thanks Mr. Strong-Opinions-On-Things-He-Has-Never-Experienced-First-Hand. You are very knowledgeable.

Go back to bed stuckmann. She's not a good action actress and you know it. I'd trust her throwing a punch as much as I'd trust the hobo at the intersection by my house with my life savings.

Bully by that nigga what made that movie about the kids and the skateboards.

Was nearly word for word from the book. He did fag out and change a few things to be 2000ish (Eminem..bitch instead of fox etc)

anime characters are always drawn in a Caucasoid manner, most of the time. unless otherwise stated, they're japanese.

what is retarded is that they make most of the cast not asian. then still set it in this Japan dominated Blade Runner knock off world.

>action actress

I mean yeah. But there's very little action and most is with guns so who cares.

She does a good job of looking emotionless and a little crazy and also really cute which is what's important.

WE WANT THEM TO LOOK LIKE THEY ARE DRAWN. NOT LIKE MAMA-SAN FROM THE FUCKING RICE PADDY.

Jesus Christ the shills have taken over.

She had a great ass when she walked away after beating garbageman guy

who are the shills

Have you even given the movie a chance?

YOU POST ON SHILL THE WEBSITE HIRO-CHAN WANTS YOU TO DOWNLOAD AMAZING CLEANER APP THE LEGIT. PAY NO MIND TO THE XSS AND RFI ATTACK user-CHAN.

>looking emotionless

Yeah that's literally all she does. She just puts on a neutral facial expression and powerwalks down a hallway. That's it. That's not acting like a badass with confidence and skill. It's just lazy minimal effort "acting".

She doesn't look jaded or anything relevant to the character. Just neutral.

Moar mah Jill. Now with Moar suit.

>Sup Forums likes this piece of shit
Friendship with Sup Forums is over, now Sup Forums is our best friend board

Whos behind all these mad white women complaining about the Whitewashing of asian characters?
I've noticed that no-one seems to care if something like Agents of Shield has no blacks in it if it has asians.

glad to hear you're deciding if her performance is good solely based on if she moves just like how your waifu is drawn and not if she was convincing as an adaptation of a manga character

Why would I pay money for a soulless cash grab that completely disregards what makes GitS what it was?

>finally realizing that whites are soulless robots that need to be bred out of existence

I'm proud of you son. You found the real red pill, and the real message of the movie.

Imma send Megazone 23 to Tyler Perry just to piss niggas off.

Oh so u think its bad well believe me it isnt. I saw it first day and fucking loved it having watched the anime movies prior. I really wanna see it again

>friendship with Sup Forums is over

They hate this movie.

An Sup Forums janitor tried to get me banned for defending it lmao.

>Sup Forums likes this piece of shit

a lot of it is ironic shilling, or shilling shilling.

I remember the same shit going on for Warcraft. Despite the incessant shilling on Sup Forums, I was quite certain that movie would be shit. Finally got to see it for free on a plane this year. It was even worse than I expected.

Well, you probably should hold your opinion until an HDRip comes out then.

Nigga you didn't afford no plane and they don't show movies on repatriation flights to Mexico quit playing.

>no sequel but a live action stand alone complex on HBO

I hope people continue to talk about this movie months from now. It really should age well.

I hate seeing the BvS threads being posted constantly when THAT is what u call a mediocre movie.

Ghost in the Shell with Scarjo is not

I was actually pleasantly surprised. I expected to hate it since I'm a big fan of the original. They changed so much of the story that it's barely even comparable. They basically told a completely different story while borrowing a few scenes and ideas from the original. It was no masterpiece, but it's totally serviceable. Decent flick.

Go wank a little that little thing in between your legs, or apply to work on a bakery, cinema isn't your thing.

Each time people speak up for a movie that is being banned is a separate occurrence.

This one has nothing to do with people foolishly saying Warcraft was good.

I did legit think today "in 20 years this'll probably be a cult movie because the effects are going to actually age well for the most part."

>well believe me it isnt

Why the fuck should I believe you? You don't even have any reference to what it could have been and you obviously don't care at all.

Its fine if you like it, but know that fans had high expectations for this that just weren't met, and in place of those expectations they put in bullshit like her origin story, SICK WALL JUMPING SHOOTOUTS PEW PEW, and love interests.

This isn't what GitS is. Maybe I'd be less judgemental about the whole thing if they didn't steal iconic scenes only to make them so much worse.

I just watched this
youtube.com/watch?v=W-P_TyIyElU
holy shit ALL THOSE DELETED SCENES
I hope this movie gets a directors cut.

You're full of so many obvious biases against this thing.

See it. Or wait and pirate it. It's not bad. It at least deserves a watch.

Amazing. Even with loose clothes, that waist, perfect

>you didn't afford no plane

I didn't buy no plane you ignorant nigga, I just bought a ticket.

Even the director of the first movie supports casting Scarlet.

Literally Sup Forums poster. They're sperging over ScarJo too because she's jewish, and they're weebs who idolize fictional cartoon waifus

>"I [PAUSE] embrace enhancement. [PAUSE] Now there nothing I can't do. [PAUSE]"
Good lord, the dialogue is awful. Who the fuck wrote this shit?

I have no problem with the race of the Major. That isn't my issue at all.

Then what is your issue with it, specifically?

Holy hell theyre shilling anime movies now

>[Stuttering] "N-nothing I can't know."
>[Stuttering] "N-nothing I can't be."

see

is ScarJo using monotone voice in place of dramatic acting? like she usually does

You know that part of Sup Forums that's kind of autistic? That's what doesn't like the new movie.

Everyone has their own fucking mental labyrinths in their head. They just can't_into something that is too far away from the source material.

He didn't see it lol

>but I know it's bad anyway

You'd like to think you do.

>black people
>Japan
>Major
>a jew

Fucking jews.

YOU COULDN'T AFFORD THAT EITHER.

YOU EITHER FLEW WITH YOUR PARENTS OR PLAYED SOME FLIGHTSIM SHIT.

If its so far away from the source material then why use the name at all?

I liked it. Wasn't my favorite movie of the year or anything but it was good.

Don't get discouraged this is far and away the most positive thread on this movie that's yet been posted here.

is this the paid shill thread?

yeah guys this movie was great. it was visually amazing and i think thats good enough, not every movie has to have perfect writing

ok so do they send my money in the mail or?...

Because it's ~80% of the source material.

It's more like the source material than fucking half of standard Hollywood adaptations of other shit. JUST BE HAPPY.

honestly looks alright. I just fucking hate johansson, such a bland bitch

more like pork in the shell lmao

>we had expectations
Not good enough. "Fans" are just bitch about "muh whitewashing." Actual fans are enjoying it for what it is. Sure you're going to think the scenes are worse if you want it to be the anime, but that is never what it was supposed to be. (Even I am a little disappointed in not nips, but it is what it is.) If you want to watch the anime they just watch it again instead of bitching about this not being it.

>people saying something against the internet consensus
>"sh-shilling? It has to be."

Are you serious? It's so unlike the source material it's barely recognizable at times. That's actually the sole reason I was able to tolerate this movie.

>3. Best scene LOOK! THIS IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!

YOU SEE DAT SHIT WHITEBOY?! THATS THE SHIT IM TALKING ABOUT!

>robot breaks finger and grabs guy
>gets shot
>OHHHHHHHHHHHH

His accent made me think of the african guy that comes into pinkys store on next friday and i couldn't help but laugh.

His accent is what makes it funny

Anther of my favortite scense was the part where "Hanka" tries to assassinate Aramaki and he shits on all of them with that classic Revolver(not a gun guy,but i think it was a really old revolver).

>never send rabbits to kill a fox
Based

Only part i didnt like was how underwhelming the defeat of the spider tank was compared to the original anime film.

Her whole body should have been shatterd, but in the 2017 film she only lost her left arm and the rest of her body was intact,but slightly damage.

When i first saw the spider tank scene as a kid, i was awe struck at how she just ripped her whole body apart trying to kill it.

2017 film just makes it feel like an "Mehhhhh and then she just walks it off and is okay.