What are some movies to watch when you're heartbroken, bros?

What are some movies to watch when you're heartbroken, bros?

gf of 6 years left me and got a new bf that she's already fucking not even 2 weeks later.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/TheRedPill/
youtube.com/watch?v=NTmlNigifSI
youtube.com/watch?v=HSg3tBzAVFk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

you know that means they've been fucking for at least a month then, right?

The thing with females is that they already emotionally check out way before the relationship is over. It happens much earlier than the actual end of the relationship. From your perspective she moved on really fast because you see the end as when you two split but it happened way before. It's probably not a good thing to hear but it's the truth. It's better to be single right now than to carry on with a girl who is already emotionally unavailable to you.

You should watch something mindless and action packed that won't make you think too much. Just turn your brain off for a bit and you'll pull through.

Yea they've been fucking for a while

Where do you think it all went wrong, user?

Do you think you failed her or had the relationship been deteriorating for a while now?

Also, she was def already fucking him long before you broke up

Yeah I'm aware that she was already talking to this guy, it's just obvious. I'd rather hear the truth man, I appreciate it. I just don't get why they stay around in the relationship for weeks or even months after they decide to leave.

Thanks for the recommendation, some cheesy action flick doesn't sound bad right now. Anything to prevent me from killing myself will help.

It's hard to tell because she blamed absolutely everything on me and didn't want to be accountable for anything, so that confused me even more. I'll admit I was a bit distant emotionally and was always tired for a couple of months but that's because I was working a ton of extra shifts behind her back to surprise her with an engagement ring and a trip to cali for her birthday.

If rather than comfort you after a long day of work she went and fucked another guy and still has the gull to blame you for everything then she's a cunt and you deserve better

Damn...

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004)

Great movie, bout a guy that breaks up with his gf, can't handle it, and decides to erase his memory.

It helped me.

Ay real life is a horror film. Fuck her. Watch Antichrist. Download tinder at get out there

She never found out about the surprise I had for her or the extra shifts I worked. She blamed me for being boring but I was just tired. I wonder if things would have been different if she knew.

I love this movie but I'm afraid that it will cause more harm than good right now. I'll give it a watch anyway, thank you

>not even 2 weeks later.
theyve been fucking since before you guys broke up user, sorry to break it to you

>more harm than good right now.

You're probably trying to erase her from memory right now, it'll never happen. 6 years is a lump dude, I feel your pain. The message of the movie is cherish those memories and accept reality.

I can see you man.
You are me 4 years ago.
Thats when i broke up too with a girl i loved very much.
Exactly like you.
Im sorry to say this. But it will take time to get over. You will think her daily.
You love her still, but that love will turn into hate.
And later, when you think you're over and you already have someone else. Something reminds of her.
Its going to be like a stain that wont wear off or that catchy tune what lingers in your ear.
Thats when you notice you cant love anyone the same anymore and all comes an act.
No true love anymore, but acting like it.
Thats the moment when you know you've died long time ago.

Hardcore Henry. You'll appreciate it, I'm sure.

You should have told her anyway, if only so she feels a little bit of remorse while she's fucking the other guy

gf for 6 years? and you never proposed after year 2 or 3?? youre an idiot.

doesnt mean shit, dont listen user, it just means she jumped into bed with the first guy she met on girls night out after she broke up with you. Its the best way to get over someone

Probably cause you have commitment issues. Fucking 6 years and still just dating? Jesus Christ.

>gf of 6 years left me and got a new bf that she's already fucking not even 2 weeks later.
what a whore! let the bitch go man

Go lift and run and be with your friends and family. You'll make it.

Is she as shitty a person as she sounds?
Because she certainly doesn't sound like the sort of person you wanna spend your life with.

I personally don't want to watch things that have anything to do with romance or heartbreak when I'm down. Watch a good comedy. I'm fond of Blazing Saddles.

Stop being a shoulder for this beta male to cry on. Fucker wasted 6 years and didn't even bothering trying to marry her. She was smart to leave him sooner than later

I do cherish our memories together and it's all I've been thinking about nonstop. That's why I want to put it in the back of my mind for now.

I know exactly what you mean and everything I see already reminds me of her. I'm afraid I'll never learn to love or trust again.

We were together since I was 17 and didn't want to get married at 19-20. We've also been on and off throughout the years and I was waiting for us to get through some financial hardships before proposing. I've always been fully committed to her but you're right. Girls won't believe it until they see a ring.

Your shit wasn't even together and you expected her to wait. Nice going

Shit will be tough. Do what another user said and as I did. Get /fit/, watch movies, play poker, work more and use tinder. Shit passed the time till I found a new girl who is better than my last.

You'll move on.

In the mean time watch predator and terminator. The most alpha male Arnie will help.

>I want to put it in the back of my mind for now.

Well making a thread about it wasn't wise.

Just give yourself time dude. Talk about it. Get busy. Stay busy. Do what needs to be done.

She was the one going through the financial hardships, not me and I got her out of it.

That's just oneitis OP, check out reddit.com/r/TheRedPill/

thank me later

yeah never help a woman with money and expect something as solid as a relationship. ya fucked up

Perhaps you've learnt your lesson know, that you can't trust roasties and the notion of building your life together with one of those harlots is absurd at best.

90% of the people I know who got married are divorced.
My parents got divorced (father got divorced twice), and even my own love life is a history of being screwed over by whores.

You simply can't trust females today, they'll always be looking for something better, as throughout their whole lives they've been constantly told that they deserve the best.

So you think you're watching a comfy film with your gf, but in reality she's already browsing tinder, trying to upgrade you.

Give up on them for now, workout, build your carrier, and when you're 40, and they're flocking to you with their children from previous marriages, spit on them and don't give them a chance.

You will be left giving 50% of everything you own to some dumb slut that deserves nothing.

you're the problem

Thanks guys every bit of advice helps. I haven't seen those Arnie movies in a long time so they're next on my list. Maybe it wasn't too wise to make a thread, but it's useful to know what others think. I was just expecting movie suggestions.

Find another girl who is attractive and you think you can stand for a long time. Date for a year, then get her pregnant.
Worked for me.

If you unironically believe that women deserve even an ounce of respect, you're wrong.

The well has been poisoned for the last fifty years, leading to generations of men being screwed over.

But if you don't want to face reality, then go ahead, get married, get divorced, get married again.

And when you're working three jobs to pay two ex wives with kids that aren't even yours, think about how easily you could have avoided it.

Who /neverbeeninloveandcantrelateatalllol/ here?

have you ever personally been fucked over by a girl? there has to be at least one decent woman worth your time out there

No there isn't. He's a joyless, self loathing faggot. I bet every relationship he's been in ended from him driving the girl away by being an insufferable tool.

It's frightening how easily a woman can cuck you...
I'm talking about the original meaning of the term "cuckold" which is unknowingly raising another man's kids.

One of my plates texted me last night saying she needed to meet with me immediately and that it was "an emergency". I tell her to swing by after work. Meanwhile, I'm racking my brain all day trying to figure out what this is all about. When she finally gets to my place she looks me right in the eye and says "I'm pregnant. It's yours."

No hesitation and spoken in a matter-of-fact way.

Now six months before I met this chick, I had a vasectomy done, so there's virtually no chance this kid is mine. Inside I'm furious because I know she's fucking some other guy (or multiple guys behind my back). I remain calm however and with a smug smirk I tell her all about my vasectomy and how that basically rules me out as the father of her unborn spawn. I also use that moment to confront her.

"So who else have you been fucking?"

At that moment the waterworks come out. She's crying and blubbering all over the place (trying to elicit sympathy I imagine) telling me how she was banging this guy from work but she doesn't love him and I'm the one she "loves". I guess she saw me as beta bucks? Lucky me.

I show her the door.

Reflecting back on it today it's crazy how easily I could've been cucked and how my whole life would've changed forever. If it wasn't for my vasectomy I probably would've took her word for it and well on my way to raising another man's kid.

Scary stuff.

The best you can hope for is ten years and a child (if you're lucky you might even be the father) before she'll inevitably get bored and want something new.
Just look at the stats.

Most marriages nowadays end in divorce. And losing half your shit and access to your children based on the whims of an overemotional fuckhole is just pathetic.

It's just like gambling, sure there are people who win the lottery, who have a women in their lives who genuinely loves them, but the cost for failure is way too high.

My grandparents have been married for sixty five years. They told me that love isn't about finding the perfect other, it's about loving despite your partners flaws.

Women today don't understand that.

Believe what you want, enjoy your life of being fucked over by whores.

>Maybe it wasn't too wise to make a thread,

Dude, you probably don't know wtf to do right now lel I bet sleeping ain't easy either. Her name keep constantly going through your head 24/7?

Yep, been there, ate that fucking pill dewd.

Just do yo thing. Feel no fucking way about it. GRIEVE for her, then get your shit together.

Fuck the haters.

I would watch Always Sunny any time I'm depressed.

youre the problem
and those stats you talk about are skewed by broken people that get into multiple marriages that fail

Kek

>tfw found out a couple of years ago that my mother fucked another dude at college
>tfw I was twenty when I found out I had a different father from my siblings

Women are trash.

Enjoy slowly losing your freedom, self worth and financial capability in a series of ultimately meaningless relationships, where your significant other does everything to make your life hell in the latter years, just because she feels that she deserves an upgrade.

Sure, it might not happen to you, but take that 35% chance of a happy marriage, go on.
I'll be rooting for you man, but when you inevitably get fucked over, I'll be laughing at you.

Sounds like you dodged a bullet

You should be happy

Are you actually suicidal?

Maybe in a long time, but it would feel wrong in so many ways to be with another girl right now. I don't understand how it was so easy for her to switch to another guy right away.

You're right, I can't concentrate on anything else and have barely slept because I get panic attacks and think about her fucking that guy. It's gotten so bad I failed my calc2 exam.

Nice self fulfilling prophecy you got going on. Anyway, I'm already laughing at you.

>It's gotten so bad I failed my calc2 exam.

I feel for you man, I really do.

Had a guy in my class lapse in to suicidal depression after his GF of ten years simply left him after he'd treated her to a trip to Paris.

Turns out she'd been fucking another guy for the last six months, coming home and kissing him on the mouth.
Decided that AFTER the Paris trip (which he paid for) was the time to leave.

you never answered the question about your own personal experience. have you never had a girlfriend or been married?

im not a loser like you whos this bitter at the world probably under the age of 30 too, hopefully you stop being such a nihilistic husk and engage in your life, we get the world we deserve

Damn.. something very similar happened to me but I took her to Disneyland and she cheated immediately after. My sister saw her downtown with a guy she previously cheated on me with (I know it was dumb of me to take her back) and told me the very next day. I walked into her apartment ready to take my things and leave and she wanted to greet me with a kiss as if nothing happened. When I confronted her she denied it and got really angry at me for accusing her. How did your friend find out? I can't imagine how hard it must have hit him.

>roasties getting triggered

Enjoy your value dropping exponentially once you hit 40

I've had depression and anxiety for years but it was always manageable and this is the worst it's ever been. I'm at an all time low and killing myself has been very tempting. The more days go by, the better it sounds. I have a helium tank with a CPAP mask and tube and I'm trying to distract myself from that right now.

Go and watch Lilya 4-ever, it's a truly beautiful film that will make you appreciate life.

Watch Inside Out user

Never heard of this movie, but it looks like it's just what I need. Thank you.

Have you tried reading about Stoicism. It sounds like you could really benefit from it.

It's a brand new concept to me and I'm surprised I never heard of it. It already looks useful after looking into it for a couple of minutes. Do you know where to start? Any books, videos, etc.

>guys im single

Congratulations lad, crack open a bottle of champers and start shagging random. Once your dick is tired of it then try looking for another hgf.

25*

I've be benefitted immensely from it. Here's my reading list in the order I read. I'll also include CBT which is derived from Stoicism.

-The Ancient Art of Stoic Joy by William Irvine
-Discourses by Epictetus
-Letters from a Stoic by Seneca
-On the Shortness of Life by Seneca
-Meditations by Emperor Marcus Aurelius
-Feeling Good by David Burns

You don't have to read them all. I think just one or two would help you get through this bump in the road. It's also important that you constantly remind yourself of these teachings. They're like a blade that you have to sharpen every now and then.

*benefited

You're an incredible being thank you for taking the time and effort to write out a list. I'll definitely add them to my kindle and exploring this new mindset gives me some hope.

This thread is now dying so I'll also say thank you to everyone who responded and for the movie suggestions. I haven't had much support from friends and I've been very lonely. You're all just strangers trying to help me and you've done more than my friends. I love all of you guys and wish you the best.

Keep up the good fight user

It was my pleasure! All I ask in return is for you to take care of yourself.

you browse Sup Forums. she can do better than you

What's the point of dating the same girl for six years if you're not going to get marry her? A year is enough at the most. My parents got married after 4 months and have been together for 38 years. They took each other's virginity.

Now that OPs gone.. lets all laugh and call him a faggot! Hahahahahahaaa what a faggot! Amirite? I'm right, right? Boooom yup I knew it.

Nah I jest. Chin up OP. Good thread dude. Don't let it ruin you ffs. Chin up, chest out. Get angry if you need to. Just don't let it ruin you.

All the best. Remember, we're always here to call you a faggot whenever you need.. so don't hesitate.

Amen.

Damn dude. That's nice af.

You dodged a bullet for sure there. Just keep on truckin' buddy.

Sounds like you need a good dose of Denirokino. Watch taxi driver and wait for the real rain to come

Came here to say this. Nice one user

Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind
La La land
youtube.com/watch?v=NTmlNigifSI
>mfw this scene

You did buy a girl an engagement ring, a girl you'll truly like and will like back, that ring is for that person who was not this chick who checked out after 6 years. Hang in there, life finds a way.

>Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind

I recommended this earlier to OP. It helped me get over a gf.

All I wanted to do was erase the bitch from memory, which is impossible. I'll remember her forever. It helped me realise that, and that I'd rather keep the memories.

Fucking hard film to watch after a breakup, but worth it imo.

A girl's not going to want a ring you bought for some other bitch.

Because their marriage happen 38 years ago you dumb kek. Woman these days are corrupted by Jewish propaganda.

>my husband. he's black
>I'm a single mother
Well she got that part right.

>my husband is black
>i'm a single mother
>why do I need math to be a journalist

what

Tango & Cash

Lol

i haven't browsed Sup Forums in a long time . She came to this site way more than I did and loved Sup Forums

Still here man I just thought that the thread was dead for sure. Nice to know you guys will always be here

I loved La la land but it will be so difficult for me to sit through because it reminds me of us.. Especially the planetarium scene and the epilogue is going to hurt to watch. We were both really into that movie and watched it twice. Great choices.

you don't think very highly of yourself user

>That epilogue of La La Land
There were like 6 of us in the entire theatre for this film when this scene poped up I literaly cried like a little bitch. Hit wway too close to home
Everyone saw me, I was fucking ashamed

I don't blame you man, it was a perfectly constructed scene and really pulled on the heart strings. My ex was also crying and I was holding my tears back. I know I'll sob like a baby if I rewatch it because now it's more relevant than ever.

>t. me

>epilogue of La La Land
The scene where they both imagine what their lives would be like if everything went according to their plans?
yeah it got me hard too.

youtube.com/watch?v=HSg3tBzAVFk
Music was hella great

This is a defeatist mindset.

It really is. I had no idea that it was the same music composer as whiplash.

Where is this sudden appreciation for this movie coming from? Just a few months ago everyone was calling it oscar bait.

>My ex was also crying and I was holding my tears back. I know I'll sob like a baby if I rewatch it because now it's more relevant than ever.

Well now she's a few miles away getting fucked hard, and I mean HARD, by another dude. He's literally balls deep and she's loving it. You think her heart is broken? You think she's sitting on Sup Forums sobbing into the keyboard? You think she is having flashbacks to Lala land while he's ploughing her cervix?

I hope this angers you and spurs you on, OP. Don't let it defeat you.

I fucking hated writing that, hope you got the message OP.

Dont dew yourself in just yet user.

And dont become bitter. Its easy to start hating all women and fall down that rabbit hole. But there are wonderful women out there honest kind and loving.

You'll find yours too one day. Good luck

I must have overlooked this post but she wouldn't believe me if I told her and would think I'm trying to make her feel bad or manipulate her emotions so I just didn't bother. I got us disneyland and universal tickets and I finally found some potential buyers after listing them on craigslist so I'll never have proof now.

Nah you're absolutely right. I felt sick and almost threw up reading that but it's the truth. She doesn't care about me in the slightest and has zero respect for me.

Thanks man and I agree that it's wrong to generalize for a whole gender based on the actions of one person. I'll stay away from girls for a long time but to work on myself, not because I think they're the devil.

This, the only emotion I feel these days is rage. It's a lot more effective than being nice.

It's not like the new girl has to know, senpai.

>starting the engagement off with a lie

The marriage won't last a year.