Est. 20.9 million opening weekend (domestic)

>est. 20.9 million opening weekend (domestic)

Animekino is dead on arrival.

deadline.com/2017/03/ghost-in-the-shell-scarlett-johansson-boss-baby-beauty-and-the-beast-weekend-box-office-1202056616/

Why Scarlett Johansson? I don't get it. Nobody likes the fat pig anymore. And the feminists that do don't watch anime-turned-film.

>America liking anything that isn't Capeshit, StarShit or Disney remakes

Don't worry China will save this

>it's a China saves the film from bombing episode

white washing jews BTFO yet again

Heh

Good. I don't want them to ruin any more anime.

I thought they hated the Japs

Thank god.

They love generic action movie shit with white leads. And anime.

Kids today (12-18) in the US don't watch anime, and certainly won't know what the heck Ghost in the Shell is. They should've made this R rated, lowered the budget a bit (by getting someone other than scarjo), and hit its real prime demo hard (25-30 year old males).

They turned that Makoto Shinkai anime into a giant hit, didn't they? Or was it all Japan?

I watched a video of this and it seems to have been competently shot. Really they should've just hired someone pretty so people felt more than disgust looking at the MC.

i enjoyed it very much and i am hoping for a sequel or at least an extended director's cut. it doesn't deserve the hate it gets, it's a solid 7.5/10

fight me irl

yeah XXX 3 bombed horribly in the US, but it was huge in China

spoken like a true pleb

you haven't even seen the movie, have you?

>est. 20.9 million opening weekend (domestic)

LOL, at a $110 million production budget, with at least $50-80 million more in promotion budget (perhaps more with all the obvious paid for shills showing up everywhere), GITS is a financial black hole.

Boss Baby cost $21 million in production and is estimated to make $50 million this weekend.

A fat Scarjo in a rubber condom suit was a mistake, not having any story whatsoever and only special effects was another, seems it only works for Transformers.

Forgot pic

Don't ever make movies out of anime ever again

China hates Japan politically and it's mainly the older generation. When it comes to entertainment and among the younger generations, they like Japan. Anime and other Japanese media are popular in China. Same goes for Korea and Taiwan; hate each other politically but the Chinese have no problem enjoying their media.

Based cultured Americans not eating up this cringey cashgrab bullshit

>LOL, at a $110 million production budget,
That's really not that much at all. If they had ditched ScarJo and gone with some eye candy to catch male audience more, they would've saved 10 million and also earned more money.

Akira when?

that's a meme

>Don't ever make movies out of anime ever again

I thought James Cameron would save anime->movies with his Battle Angel Alita, but then I saw who he cast as Alita

Not surprised. I went to see it tonight with a couple friends. There were only like 4 other people in the theater.

It's been in production hell for over a decade and if GitS flops it'll go deeper in it.
Sorry Peele

this lol, keep adapting animes
i want the jews to keep losing money

>That's really not that much at all.

Doctor Strange had $160 million budget, and looked a lot better than this.

>If they had ditched ScarJo and gone with some eye candy to catch male audience more, they would've saved 10 million and also earned more money.

True, they should have hired someone like Amber Heard, who is actually hot and would look great in a body suit rather than fat.

Doctor Strange budget is a lie. They reshot large parts of the film. That shit doesn't come for free. From the videos I've seen of GiTS, it looks fine.

It's actually good, though I think most normies won't appreciate the cyberpunk aesthetic, I'm still glad the movie got made

it is pretty much a dumbed down version of the original, but I appreciate that they didn't just mimic the anime 1:1 but still remained faithful and respectful of it (inb4 muh whitewashing) and at the same time approached it from a different angle, giving major more backstory and character

I think the weakest thing about the movie is that it kinda followed standard Hollywood conventions in terms of narrative, giving the audience a tangible villain to root against and generally it's a bit more black and white and all the philosophical undertones are reduced to major's quest for identity

still enjoyed the fuck out of it and I'm glad more cyber kino got made, now I'm just hyped for the cdpr cyberpunk game

Shill copypasta, at least put some effort into it.

When I went to see it there were 20 people in the cinema. But bear in mind I only this film existed, when it was coming out and what it was about due to Sup Forums.

Scarjo is not a box office draw.

She wanted a Black Widow solo movie and if this succeeded she'd go "SEE PEOPLE WANT ACTION MOVIES WITH FEMALE LEADS NOW GIVE ME BLACK WIDOW DISNEY"

Now whats going to happen is that Hollywood as a whole is going to not dare touch a female led action flick with a trn foot pole for decades, especially if Wonder Womyn also flops

GET OUT OF MY ANIME NORMIE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
-u

Shut the fuck up

>promotion budget

I have to say, the promotion for this film was pure shit. I saw one billboard/poster for it in a month and saw about 80 ones for Beauty and the Beast.

Not to mention the Beast ads are on every fucking ad break and all over youtube.

Chinks hate Japs

Hell, Beat Takeshi's character speaks jap with subtitles

All other asians hate japs. But chinks love anime. And chinks love ghost in the shell.

The movie will open big in China.

Read this so you stop being so ignorant.

>character speaks jap with subtitles
Chink media does that as well, even for shows that aren't about commi heroes killing filthy japs.

butthurt weeb detected

>American remake of an anime cult classic from 20 years ago
What were they thinking? Same with Death Note, it's original fans in the West aren't edgy 15 year-olds anymore

>All other asians hate japs. But chinks love anime.

But this isn't anime you dumb fuck, it's a shitty live remake of a anime.

>The movie will open big in China.

No it won't.

And before you say Warcraft, it was produced by a CHINESE STUDIO which meant people in china watched it out of national pride, not to mention the insane marketing it had in China.

Well we'll soon find out won't we faggot. Bet.

>Posting domestic
You know most of us are likely not from your country.

it's only logical that if chinks love anime then they're gonna want to see a live action adaptation of one of the most popular and influential anime films

They could not afford Jennifer Lawrence.

>Despite the uber-cool, visual trailers that were cut for Ghost, rivals believe it was all eye-candy with zero substance. “You don’t know what the storyline was. Is Scarlett’s character good, or is she bad?” assessed one marketing maven who added the look of Ghost was “too Wachowski-esque.”

murica

Underworld and Resident Evil are both action film series female leads that have more than the average 2 sequels, most of which get shit reviews on RT, but they kept coming out.

Wait, are we pretending this was any good?

That's not animekino. That's western dreck.

THIS is animekino

What really happened is they couldn't get Margot Robbie.

>Wait, are we pretending this was any good?

Only the shills are, thankfully they will be gone once the weekend is over

Both of those series are made purely to keep the directors wife employed

AHAHHAHAHAAH
JEWCIDE WATCH

I agree m8

Watched it today. Visuals were good. Story was predictable and action was average. 6/10 for me. Just wait for rips.

Because she's one of (((them)))

your movie got btfo shill

it'll make 100 mil+ this week by word of mouth.

don't @ me

>Same with Death Note, it's original fans in the West aren't edgy 15 year-olds anymore

Movies and TV (especially streaming) aren't the same...if you can't get up-front interest in a movie, it flops. TV shows can build an audience.

Death Note's probably new to Gen Z's and Millennials are familiar with it, so it's got a pretty good chance at succeeding.

Yes thank fuck. Yesssssssss

Stop destroying things (((hollywood)))

I've got bad news for you.

I'm a pleb who can't do research into numbers

What is considered a "Good" opening box office number nowadays?

>called ghost in the shell
>character literally wearing a shell

bravo

considering the movie cost like 110-120 million to make, 20 is not good

but they have the rest of eternity to make up the rest of the money

>What is considered a "Good" opening box office number nowadays?

Depends on the budget and the number of theatres carrying it, looking at recent openings, Beauty and the Beast had a fantastic opening weekend with $175 million at the domestic box office, at a production budget of $160 million, Power Rangers had a so-so opening with $40 million at the box office with a $100 million production budget.

GITS looks like it will have a disastrous $20 million opening weekend with a $110 million production budget.

qt girl, but
>still believing in Cameron ever making anything except Avatar 2,3,4,5 again

>but they have the rest of eternity to make up the rest of the money

They will need it, you realise that they don't even get those $20 million from the box office, right ?

It's divided between the studio AND the theatres, at best the studio gets ~60% of the domestic box office money, much less in the overseas box office.

>Animekino is dead on arrival.

Good.

this and the fact that they're both low investments that usually give high returns.

Hollywood packed the film with the chocolate-faced men, Chinese people don't like them very much.

>She wanted a Black Widow solo movie and if this succeeded she'd go "SEE PEOPLE WANT ACTION MOVIES WITH FEMALE LEADS NOW GIVE ME BLACK WIDOW DISNEY"

She didn't factor critics that were going to shit on it for trying to adapt an anime. She may have had a point if this was Lucy II.

How hard could it be for those 2 girls to get a job? They seem attractive enough. Spare me the "muh acting" criticism, everyone knows these bitches don't have to act.

She's already a man-machine hybrid, so it would have worked perfectly.

>animekino
you mean weebshit

Scarlet Joe Hansen? mmmbop skidlybombaaoobop

Don't worry, the sjw hate it because of the white actors in the cast.
This means guaranteed low scores in RT.
Weebs will hate it too, and everyone else will ignore it.

What do you mean a fat pig? she looks normally built to me, are you into anorexic chics or what?

you know theyre remaking akira right?

Oof

I wonder if Hollywood will take the hint that they can't undo a backlash like what happened with Ghostbusters and this, no matter how many youtube ads they throw at it

They've been saying that for like 20 years

Hollywood isn't.

Otomo's talking about a TV anime that adapts all six volumes of the manga correctly. That sounds good.

For real?

user, if Nolan couldn't get Akira out of Limbo, that Get Out Nigger Director won't stand a chance.

Every director that has tried has been trying to aim for the same big scope as the anime, but no one wants to fork that kind of cash for a cheap anime fad cash grab.

The only way they could top it is if they tried to make a motion picture trilogy, which again, they want Akira on the cheap.

>this scene everyone keeps hyping in posters, trailers etc.
>doesn't even happen in GitS

Lel

where's the scarjo copypasta

It's the fourth highest grossing movie of all time in Japan, only very slightly behind Frozen.

Do you seriously think the people who made the movie are wannabe Japanese?

I want it to do decent so we get more cool neon cyberpunk aesthetics for movies in general.

I don't know why everyone cares so much about it "ruining" a sub-par anime from 1995. Who cares about anime?

It's about the theme of the movie, not about the people who made it.
The content is adaption of anime so it's weebshit.

It's in the same way that the people who make capeshit don't actually wear capes.

>Who cares about anime?
Many people.

>The content is adaption of anime so it's weebshit.
How?

>no Akira butchering
>no NGE assualt
>no Bebop massacre
tybg

No one that matters.

Get used to these numbers. Hollywood is dying and it's due to thier anti-white and anti-Trump propaganda. This is just the beginning. Jewllywood is all but finished until they come crawling back to the white make consumer.

Nobody wants to watch a woman kicking ass unless it Kill Bill and that's only because Tarantino is such a good writer.

Anime is a huge industry in Japan and is watched worldwide. Hollywood adapts anime. So obviously anime matters.

No it doesn't.