Can't you guys just understand that no one wants white washed character (gits)...

Can't you guys just understand that no one wants white washed character (gits), culturally appropriated characters (iron fist), or white leads in asian inspired movies (power rangers)? When will jew hollywood learn that we want asian lead characters?

Other urls found in this thread:

theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2017/03/iron-fist-netflix-review/519936/
youtube.com/watch?v=Haq3CwrLcOI&t=1s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I just want to stop hollywood bringing normies into my weeb hobbies. The japenese 3D adaptions also all suck, no matter who is the lead.

I think most people just want good movies

Next time cut out the audience scores

Nobody wants Asian lead characters

imagine explaining to an alien about the fuss around that issue and telling it anime characters are meant to be Japanese

this

>the scores show the critics to be virtue signaling
>the majority of the audience doesn't care

WEW LAD, UR TOTALLY RIGHT, FUCK WHITE PEOPLE

Perfect review explaining everything that's wrong with Iron Fist

>Iron Fist’s decided unwokeness is notable, particularly when Danny lectures Colleen, who is of East Asian descent, on the right way to channel her internal force. But it’s just one of a list of flaws, with Jones’s miscasting the most obvious issue.

theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2017/03/iron-fist-netflix-review/519936/

Sup Forums is saved!

Why would you watch Hollywood trash if you want to see Asians? Japan, Korea etc. make better movies anyway.

>41%
atleast update your pic paramount shills

>power rangers
>asian

which universe am i in today

you know that power rangers was based on toku and sentai shows, right? They even had episodes dedicated to that fact. Multiple times.

>>Iron Fist’s decided unwokeness

Die.

t. jew

yes but the show itself is Murican, the reviews aren't bashing the casting

ah fair point

Cause all chinks are mystical

Well Power Rangers tried to appeal to SJW sensibilities and look at what that got them.

Only if I can have Asian gf for life.

Looking at the differences between the audience and critics scores, Iron Fist is the only one reviewed negatively because of identity politics.

Looks like GitS is actually kind of bad, while Power Rangers is enjoyable (which critics love to hate).

How the fuck did this get a pass? They literally recast a Chinese character as white

for starters it was a tibetan characters
it would be shameful to recast a tibetan character as chinese
thirdly, they need the chinese cinema audience, the chinese government being okay with a white recast instead of keeping with a tibetan one.

I personally would've loved for a tibetan character instead.

What happened with Power Rangers? Someone posted a screenshot with a consensus when it was 91%

There's an interview with the director, he said he wanted to avoid SJWs (Yes he actually used the term) from coming at him for casting an Asian stereotype so used feminism instead.

This thread sucks

Regular people don't give a rats ass about this shit. Fuck off to tumblr/reddit/facebook.

Or, you know, maybe the shows/films are actually bad!

should've used a black actress or something, would've shut up everyone

Don't know, but it was a pretty decent movie. Forget the hype and the hate, it's good. I mean, they even have a scene taken from The Fearless Hyena in it. That was cool and shows that the filmmakers like their kung fu.

The one thing I don't get about Iron Fist. Asians playing Kung Fu guys is apparently racist, but it's also racist if you cast a kung fu guy that isn't Asian.

GitS and IF were brought down by simply not being well told stories. That was what enabled the whitewash yappers to pick on the carcass and finish them off. Kinda like a minor disease picking of the already weakened. Had both of them been well directed and well told stories, then the whitewash shit wouldn't have been an issue and the complainers would have been laughed out of the door.

The only winner is Complaining. That's the name of the game too. These people only want to be right, even if they have to movie the goal post (or put it upside down, like in your example).

Just ignore it. That what I do with Sup Forums when they pull the same shit.

>when Danny lectures Colleen, who is of East Asian descent, on the right way to channel her internal force

So the guy's saying asians have some kind of genetic knowledge of that stuff and an asian who doesn't know it better than any other race is not a true asian, regardless of teaching and upbringing? Seems he'd be a great eugenics teacher in 1940's Germany.

>It looks like your browser is unable to display ads

Shant be dealing with this.

the problem with Iron Fist is not the casting, it's the shockingly bad dialogue, writing and acting.

Considering that Daredevil, Arrow, Flash and various other capeshit shows suffer from that problem, not surprised.

I used to use rt religiously to decide what to spend my money on but these days I just laugh at it. The divide between critics and audiences is so large now, critics have forgotten their purposes. This is not just for movies this is industry wide.

I read so many reviews that are just awful and full of personal bias. I don't even watch this show but this is the headline for a tv review I saw of it earlier this week. The writer didn't even acknowledge what the show was about, they just got mad someone they didn't like was in it. When did that pass as professional.

you're missing the point
it's like for example, some weeb teaching an asian guy what anime is good and what is bad.

it's just weird

Danny Rand ( Iron Fist) I
Has always been a white guy.

The trick is to look at the audience score.

Rotten Tomatoes is essentially a shepard which corals critics into one big echo chamber then regurgitates it all out into a percentage. Whatever is politically trendy will be the soup of the day.

Unless she can make her fist glow, he as all the right in that universe to lecture her on how to channel her internal force.

>trusting anyone but thyself

op post literally said cultural appropriation
learn to read

voiced by a black man...

is power rangers any good? i sorta feel liikke watching it now that i see audiences liked it. was put off by the low critic reviews at first.

Nothing weird about it. You can't assume that just because he's asian, he knows everything about Sailor Moon and Pretty Cure. You'd be making assumptions about him, just because of his race, which is the the very thing you shouldn't be doing. "Hey, you look Asian, care to clarify why Sailor Uranus was such a cunt at the beginning of the new season?"

It's good. Lots of little homages to old kung fu flicks in it too. It's not great, but the characters are fleshed out and interesting. I was surprised at the level of the writing. I was exprecting average Hollywood action movie and I got a lot more than that out of it. It's no Hellboy 2 or anything, but it's good.

why is there such a disparity in audience and critic ratings?

Don't listen to critics these days. Most of them are PC-cops. Listen to the audience instead. They give more varied reviews and most of the time better

Nah, don't listen to that guy. It's mediocre at best. Very little action and wonky camera work when it does. It's essentially not power rangers with some morphs shoehorned in to make it power rangers.

Pretty much. Furthermore, the first 5 episodes of Iron Fist a really badly paced and written. You start watching the show in the hope of seeing a dude who does awesome kung fu with glowing hands and instead get those unlikable business siblings and a goddamn corporate procedural about Rand acting like an idiot with no wits whatsoever trying to get his dad's business back. Many of those early RT reviews were based on the first 6 episodes that they got to see in advance as part of press screenings, so they didn't even reflect the better latter half, which still had many problems, but nowhere near as bad as that "overall" RT score would imply.

>the characters are fleshed out and interesting

The dialogues are not subtle, the characters reveal their life in a very direct and unreal way, I may, and again, MAY understand it with the austistic guy, but with the others? Come on, it´s not clever, not subtle; the vllain is bad just for the sake of being bad; to give it a credit, it´s entreteining, It´s one of those movies which I think are bad, but surprizingly kept me entretained, instead of wishig to be watching something else.

Critics are experts, they know the structure of a story and can determine if the movie is good or not (based on opinion and on structure, discipline)

General audience, in the other hand, and in general, don´t know the structure of a story, or what makes it good or bad; they base their statement in opinion and on subjetivity, which is something wrong (in my opinion)

Yeah, don´t listen to the people who know the basics of storytelling, listen to the people who liked a movie because "it was funny", or because "the effects were cool m8"...

a black man who respects asian culture
he's a good man

>that we want asian lead characters

Said no one ever

Can everyone stop bringing race into everything holy fuck

You seem to be ignoring the fact that audiences mostly liked these movies, it's the pandering and SJW critics who can't get over the nonsense you're spewing

Regular people don't care about this shit

PR was better written than most action movies these days. That's not a great endorsement, but it's true. You're not wrong at all, but it's still above and beyond the shit they usually pull off with these kind of action movie and remakes.

It's not like the show, of course, but they did a good enough job. It could have been SO much worse.

The dialogues were pretty dymb, but the characters didn't make me want to scratch out my eyes and cut off my ears like in so many other movies. The SJW shit was kept to a bare minimum in the movie itself. The camera wasn't as shaky and in close shots as in Transformers or Bourne. The slomo wasn't annoying and they didn't overdo it.

Worth a single watch (2 if you're into the Pink+Yellow lesbian unsubtle subtext)

It's almost as if Disney pays for reviews or something.

I'd argue that critics need to reevaluate their tools of measurement, if they fail to anticipate whether the general audience will like a series or not. First and foremost, you'll look at a review to decide whether you'll like a movie/series or not. If the critic tells you "this is bad, don't watch it", but the majority of the audience ends up liking it, then you probably didn't do you job right, since those who believed your review and final score were likely done a disservice.

>people hating on Iron Fist
>the series is practically let's shit on Danny the show

Sure thing, listen to the critics that hate on movies because they don't like white people. Great advice buddy.
Some critics are still good others are just utter shit. Same goes with the public

>PR was better written than most action movies these days.

"The Revenant" is just one example that denies that establishment

>It's not like the show, of course, but they did a good enough job.

Of course it´s not like they show, every single Power Rangers show is dumb, the way all the 24th or so year old characters talk is just cringy and awkward, I think children talk more naturallty than the characters; the movie had characters with an immature feeling as well, but not as cringy and exaggerated like the shows had.

>The dialogues were pretty dymb, but the characters didn't make me want to scratch out my eyes and cut off my ears like in so many other movies.

That´s part of the entreteinment I´m talking about, but the entreteining for critics (and for me) arises from the detailed story, and how sublte it is, it would be very irrealistic to introduce you to a friend and tell you: "Hey, this is Monica (as an example), her parents were murdered by her mother´s ex housband, and now she lives with her grandparents", of course that´s irrealistic, and that´s what the Power Ranger movie (the 2017 one) did with the campfire scene.

>Worth a single watch (2 if you're into the Pink+Yellow lesbian unsubtle subtext)

True, every movie (good and bad) worth a watch, if it´s good, it show us how a film should be made, and if it´s bad, it showus how a movie shouldn´t be made.

Oh look

>Critics hate something that isnt 100% muslim sucking and sucked

>Normal people actually kinda like them

I wonder why that is. Is it maybe that....critics have become a cuck leftist industry?

>First and foremost, you'll look at a review to decide whether you'll like a movie/series or not. If the critic tells you "this is bad, don't watch it", but the majority of the audience ends up liking it, then you probably didn't do you job right, since those who believed your review and final score were likely done a disservice.

It´s like establishing that the stamps in cigarettes that say "Smoking kills" don´t do their job right, and, in some respects, it´s true, no matter how big the anti smoking stamp is, people will still buy cigarettes; the same could apply in this case, no matter how many critics they are, and how many bad reviews they give to a movie, people are still going to watch them, but, does that mean that the movie has quality? Putting the same example with the cigarettes, does the big sale of cigarettes every year means that they are safe for your health?

-------------------------------------------------------------
Sure thing, listen to the critics that hate on movies because they don't like white people.

Yeah, that´s why the new version of Annie (which had a black main cast) got so many good reviews (sarcasm), besides, in the Critic Consensus they stablish thay Scarlettt did a good job as an actress.

>Some critics are still good others are just utter shit. Same goes with the public

True, but the problem is that the average audience don´t have a very good criteria, I don´t mean to offend them, but sadly it´s true.

>no one
>only critics are scoring them low, not movie-going audiences

It's just a dubbed over Super Sentai shot. Only burger scenes were when they were out of their suits.

How the fuck is Iron Fist white washed. Do you realise Danny Rand is white in the comics

These are the kind of back and forth interactions I love seeing.

One of two things will happen now:

In the good timeline, the person who posted the initial stupid review will be redpilled, realizing the error of their ways and see that their viewpoint is flawed and start thinking for themselves a little more

In the bad timeline, they'll ignore any kind of logic, not respond, or strawman an argument that makes no sense and dig deeper into the trenches.

Either way, it's a very clear cut interaction and we will all know the outcome.

you got only one of my (You)s there

Make the same example with scientific models instead of cigarettes and you get back to the POV I tried to advocate. If you make a scientific model, but the basis for the model is at odds with how things play out in nature, then you need to get back to the drawing board instead of yelling at nature to go adhere to your model.

> If you make a scientific model, but the basis for the model is at odds with how things play out in nature, then you need to get back to the drawing board instead of yelling at nature to go adhere to your model.

It´s different, since "the scientist" may be the critic; "the nature" may be the movie, and the "scientific model" the review, it must be supposed that if you don´t have some clear points and evidence for your statement, the "experts" won´t take your theory as an accurate point of view, but, since the audience are not "the experts" that approve your theory (critic), but they are the average people who thought the earth was flat, can you really make them change their opinion even if they have little to no knowledge?

>Power rangers has a: black, latino, asian, gay, and an autist
>still not diverse enough for SJWs

>Chinese person teaching a Chinese martial arts but using Japanese terms like Dojo and Sensei

To be fair, this annoyed the shit out of me too

>"the nature" may be the movie

I'd liken the general public's opinion as nature in my example, as their reaction is the mystical force critics should be trying to predict and give advice about whether a new movie will be to their liking. If the model of the critic (= the "rules" as what attests a movie worth your while) is not fit to predict the reaction of the crowd, then their ability and justification to dispense valid recommendations is at stake.

The audience is just the ignorant people who don´t know anything about, the gravity, for example, the work of the "scientist" (critics) is trying to mark the actions of the movie ", the "nature", and discover what is about it, in this case, if the movie is bad or not, and in the scientist case, discover what happens in nature; Newton wanted to demonstrate with facts the gravity theory, Roger Ebert wanted to stablish that a film was good based on rules and structure of storytelling; their intention was never to "force" people to believe them, but instead they putted evidence to support themselves; and there´s another thing in common with both, despite being, in a way, an authority, general people know little to no about them, and they probably don´t want to know; people still go to see bad movies despite the experts reviews, as well as some people still try to jump of a pool trampoline even though they are fat af, like if they don´t know anything about gravity

Sage Sup Forums falseflag threads
Hide Sup Forums falseflag threads
Report Sup Forums falseflag threads

PR sucked because PR wasn't PR enough. The action sucked, the zords sucked, the morphing sucked, and there weren't enough explosions. The drama first half was decent.

Marvel and DC comics are pulling back on diversity because the sales are shit. White majority countries with white cultures want white leads and none of your SJW shit. You can watch a plethora of Chinese, Japanese, Indonesian, Thai movies if you want East Asian leads, I don't see anyone forcing "diversity" onto them. Also RT is shit, it's just leftie twats trying to crash all films they don't agree with for political low IQ reasons.

Tibetan character = banned from mainland China = movie is cut off from its largest market and money-maker

On another note, the Ghost in the Shell white-washing was legitimately egregious as fuck. They must have been out of their minds.

One of the Power Rangers is Asian.

Reminder: ANIME IS SAVED

Hollywood is running from all things anime. Rejoice.

youtube.com/watch?v=Haq3CwrLcOI&t=1s

tbf Iron fist and all the movies above sucked all on their own

>anime about anime girls doing mundane things gets animation this beautiful
>meanwhile one of the biggest Japanese franchises looks like it was made by North Korean slaves

Why?

*Sweating man choosing two buttons*
>respect asian culture, all asians are wise and mystical
Or
>it's racist to think all asians are kung fu masters, so this asian character should be a normie

notice how people enjoyed it more than the critics in every single instance, as if the critics had some agenda behind their review
this is why you cant take reviews seriously

It's not about any one ethnic group, it's about good casting.

Established Asian characters should have Asian actors, as should whites, blacks, whatever. It's just stupid casting when those fucking jew bastards take an established character and change their race for "diversity" purposes, or shekels, or whatever.

I refuse to watch any of that shit.

>Why didn't (((the media))) get mad at (((Disney)))

gee i wonder

>rottentomatoes
Kill yourself OP

Is Jack natty?

If Goku is Asian why wasn't he drawn as an asian character?

>Height of an average white person (5'8) means he towers over a third of the cast
>Big round eyes and ears (pic related)
>Eyes turn blue and hair turns yellow

In fact, I'd ration that like 60% of the cast is white based on how they're drawn alone. Characters like Ox King, Bulma, 17 and 18, the list goes on with which characters look nothing like Yajirobe, the actual asian guy.

Anime characters are based off western animation. Them being "European" or "Asian" doesn't really matter. They're are a combination of both are simply over exaggerated version of real human beings. To me they just look like...well anime characters. Peopl focus far too much on racial component on fucking animated characters

He's a fucking Saiyan you retarded fucking mongrel.

>trained all his life, harder than anyone else, and earned the ability to become the Iron Fist
>begins teaching someone unqualified how to channel the same power
wow people really are stupid?
So every Asian knows how to channel the Iron Fist?

Based on what we see deliberately drawn, he looks nothing like the actual asian characters (specifically drawn eyes)

Can't you understand that we real Asian people don't give a fuck about your bullshit

I don't want any yellow fucking actors as leads in any of my kino

fuck off with that shit