/xfl/ general: WHAT WE KNOW EDITION

What we know so far:
>Main thing is they want to listen to fans, players and coaches.
>8 Teams
>No Franchise Model
>No Cities yet
>Not apart of WWE
>Start time 2020: Late January/February
>Vince will stay in control of WWE as well. >Won't be out front in XFL
>Wants to make it as safe as possible via bringing in experts
>Mentions it being stream friendly on phones etc
>Says XFL will have nothing to do with politics.
>Says National Anthem is a time honored tradition, very vague on the treatment and enforcement on said rules
>There may not be a halftime
>Vince says watching a 3 3 1/2 hour game is a lot, wants to get to 2 hours
>Vince says they did have some thoughts about not naming it the XFl but kept it due to it being cool
>Not sure about the nick names on the back of the jerseys, Says he loved he hate me and will allow fans to kind of decide
>says he would want people to stand for the Anthem
>Thinks team names will be all new unless fans really want the older names
>Things like DUI will get you banned
>Rules not laid in place but will be before anyone signs on
>No cross over with Wrestling commentators and Football commentators
>He will take a back seat and will hire professionals to help out.

Watch the live announcement with Vince here
youtu.be/JWAvRIpuj1U?t=30m4s

Official /xfl/ poll
strawpoll.me/14927675

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/JManziel2/status/956620385784553472
baseballpilgrimages.com/attendance/minor-leagues-2016.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>What we know
-more salt than a pallet full of ramen noodles

This gon' be fun bois

>XFL will have nothing to do with politics
>immediately talks about anthem bullshit
Why do people take this overgrown child seriously?

who hitman here

ANIME!

what's political about a national anthem

neat, but it should start after the superbowl

shouldn't you be in bed norway

agreed

it's racist and sexist and transphobic and the only way to be neutral towards it is to join an aggressive political assault on it

They should allow fighting like hockey used to

Vince wants a family environment

Can't wait for a fucking anime ad to pop up during a timeout.

>Sup Forums and all the weeaboos lose their shit

Families fight all the time

remove the pads and bring back leather helmets maybe face shields like hockey. make it more like rugby.

You got yourself a hit

He did say he would listen to the fans

Niggers do

>NFL cucks
lmfao

BTFO

The sports leagues put in the hoo rah anthem stuff after 9-11 to celebrate our wars abroad, carlos delgado got the same shit from people 15 years ago

Kinda hoping he starts it the week of the Pro Bowl... That would make it interesting.

Will we see the Schiano rule?

Lefties are triggers

Was watching espn

>vince is white washing the nfl
>no felons is racist n shieet
>trying to cater to white trump supporters

It's great

>No Franchise Model

This will be what ultimately causes what could have been a potentially smart idea to fail. Vince McMahon is not even a billionaire anymore, and he’s attempting to challenge an entire league where every single owner is a multi-billionaire.

He could have potentially acquired some powerful allies among current NFL owners who are disenchanted with Goodell like Jerry Jones, but the no franchise stipulation makes it so no NFL owner would ever have any reason to turncoat.

He wants it to be safe. Fuck off to UFC

Drumpftards are so absolutely SEETHING over minorities protesting the anthem that they need:
>a brand new league to serve as a safe space from the NFL
>an arbitrary "no criminals" policy to ban a disproportionate amount of blacks from the league
>a direct order from the league that the players should stand for the anthem
>shorter games because of their brainlet attention span
>completely new teams, all of which will likely be in southern rural shitholes
>a commissioner and owner that is deep inside Drumpf's pocket
>and a family-friendly game so they can power level about "muh wholesome Christian values".

It'd be pretty sweet if they added a bunch of weird rules. Make 30+ yard touchdowns worth 7 points instead of 6 or something like that.

If the experts he brings on are smart, the XFL will allow players out of high school to sign on. Will Ja'Quandrix Whittaker rather sign to Alabama, where he sits for 2 years, or would he rather sign a 3 year contract with the XFL, start every down, and go the the NFL draft?

I think he'll eventually offer up franchises. The product is young, potential investors would want to see how things shake out.

>San Diego Demons
>Las Vegas Vice
>Austin Outlaws
>Wichita Whirlwinds
>Brooklyn Barons
>Columbus Crusaders
>Charleston Copperheads
>Memphis Pharaohs

This legit sounds dead on arrival. I don't see how he could make this an even remotely interesting product without waaaaaaaaaaay more money

>being this surprised over cause and effect
It's like you're straining your hardest to comprehend that your actions have consequences but just can't bring your immature ego to accept it

NO PADS
NO HELMETS

Why do you want criminals on the field?

>>an arbitrary "no criminals" policy to ban a disproportionate amount of blacks from the league
Why are a disproportionate amount of blacks criminals?

Its almost like this faggot wants AA in sports.

>"no criminal" policy
>bans a disproportionate amount of blacks

What did he mean by this?

Already a NEW, migrate:

NFL is overproduced schlock anyway. I think a lot of people will be interested in watching this. I'm sure he learned a lot of things from the old XFL and will be better prepared, plus it's the age of social media.

>extreme football league
>be ultra safe and protection oriented
>family friendly
>no players with any criminal record whatsoever

Sounds pretty extreme

>MUH THREAD WARS
fucking kill yourself holy shit

He's a racist who thinks every black is a criminal

>implying having a criminal record automatically makes you a bad person
The man himself said even minor crimes will get you banned from the league. It's pretty clearly nothing more than a way to keep those pesky black folks out, just like "literacy" tests were used to stop them from voting. It's fucking sad that we've already gone back to this disgusting way of thinking.

Please don't link the /asp/ containment thread here

Nobody cares about your shit thread

Its a meme tho. No one is going to just immediately stop watching the super bowl to watch some shit startup league. This has been attempted many times and they've all failed in the same way.

I'M SO FUCKING READY

I could see why you would think it's a meme but Vince isn't making a carny out of this the way he did before. The man isn't stupid and sees an opportunity here. You really underestimate just how many people would tune in for political reasons only at first, it's exactly how trump got elected, the silent majority will tune in.

they've done the anthem at games forever, underage faggot

Maybe the Black players shouldn't commit crimes then.

Charleston doesn't really have a stadium to play in. Columbia would make more sense... Unless you were talking about WV

Hahahahah Nigga Just Dont Break The Law Hahahahaha How Is That Even Hard Hahah Just Dont Do Crime Nigga

>Manziel
>Kapernick
>Tebow

who's ready for the meme event of our lifetime?

Who hurt you?

Columbia is the capital, but Charleston is the Carolina city people think of.

My thoughts exactly. Trying to make a wholesome? patriotic? competitor to the NFL is a foolish endeavor. It’s as if the anthem protests were the entire basis for this concept. It will fail because football is entertainment and it’s not entertaining to watch mediocre football.

I’d be interested in a professional league that could draft kids right out of high school a la the soccer leagues of Europe. For all the talk of whether or not college athletes should be paid, a professional league featuring younger athletes would be a fascinating turn of events.

Or a league featuring innovative rule changes, such as the USFL, which gave us the 2 pt conversion.

what kind of utter faggot puts question marks in the middle of his sentences

Imagine Saban's face when his entire recruiting class gets bought out by Vince. Imagine the salt.

You can be patriotic while still paying high school kids

SEETHING

stop breaking the law idiot

Vince working the SEC into a shoot will be great.

San Diego has no stadium, that's why they lost the Chargers.
They're not even sure where San Diego State is gonna play in a few years.

It'll likely be something more like
East: New York, Orlando, Memphis, St. Louis
West: San Antonio, LA, Portland, Oakland/San Jose

>it’s not entertaining to watch mediocre football.
>a professional league featuring younger athletes would be a fascinating turn of events.
he contradicts himself

As much as I like the idea of the NFL receiving some comeuppance, it doesn’t inspire much confidence that Vince McMahon is the guy leading the push to challenge it.

He’ll insist on having control of everything which will repulse any investors from buying in to the XFL. This will have about as much of a chance of success as LaVar Ball trying to bring down Nike with BBB.

Vince said there is gonna be eight teams starting off, obviously they wont try to compete directly with the NFL so where do you think they will put the teams? I think it will go something like this
1. San Diego
2. St. Louis
3. Albuquerque
4. Sacramento
5. Salt lake city
6. Orlando
7. Birmingham
8. Oklahoma City

>Football is an alternative sport

Arschloch

>turning down a free college education to make 30k a year in a league the has already failed onnce
Even niggers aren't that dumb.

Oakland and St. Louis need new teams. Perfect opportunity.

What if I told you lavar is creating his own league

i agree, but Vince has a long career in entertainment and 100M invest... lavar has $15 dollars and an ugly logo (and now 2 kids in eastern europe)

>an ugly logo
looks some someone is a microballer

honkeys do too

whats the point in making in offbrand spinoff of a dying sport?

i get florida, california and even texas, but why the fuck would huehues go to all those redneck states?

if he can pay 100k it might work

It'll be in York County and they'll consider it a Charlotte-area team.

At least honkeys have a family to fight with

White families fight too, usually over incest related stuff

Dying league not a dying sport

>Implying Bavarians aren't German rednecks

They tried this already and it didn't work.

twitter.com/JManziel2/status/956620385784553472
fuck nfl general. we out here boys. we finally made it.
>vince excluding players with DUI's?
I really wanted to see manziel play in the XFL but if this is the price to keep niggers out Im all for it.
let the nfl have the Joe Mixons of the world breaking little girls jaws for not sucking dick then kneeling when they get to a game.
all white, samoan, and church black league is gonna be fucking awesome.

>Wichita
I wish. We aren't big enough for a major sports team. I think in 10 years we will be.

Why is he calling it the XFL if it's not going to be Xtreme?

I think you are supposed to go for the lack of father figure there, Blacks still get raised in "families" just no dad and mostly single mothers.

Birmingham and Orlando had XFL teams before, Oklahoma and Sacramento have NBA teams only, St. Louis and San Diego lost their NFL teams, and Albuquerque and Salt Lake I chose because I had to have 8 teams

There should be a couple foreign teams. London, Berlin, Mexico City, Sydney would give it something unique over the nfl

XTREMEly safe and family friendly :)

Yeah, that wouldn't cost way more and be super logistically awful to impose or anything like that.

This is why this is going to fail. He's leaving it up to fans to decide how to burn his money.

i'm not even bavarian (i'm swabian), but bavarians are, next to us, the most wealthy, productive and conservative people in this country

without the south, germany would be half as rich as it is now, we are the engines that keep the wealth coming in this land

>unironically (You)ing a blatant T_D falseflag in the year of our lord 2018
spotted the /asp/ies

Havana. Thicc Cuban cheerleaders.

>muh t_d
You need to go back.

I think it could work as CFL South

Being streamed on the WWE network for a monthly fee with cheap "get to know the players," "welcome to charleston" kind of content can be neat (no proof they're doing this), and although I don't think it's romanticized to the same extent minor league sports are at least as strong as lower league britbong soccer.

baseballpilgrimages.com/attendance/minor-leagues-2016.html

Those average numbers aren't tremendous but that's fucking 70 home games for baseball, football might only be 7 or 8

Fuck off there so we can talk sports

>2020
Vince needs to keep people engaged in the interim . Host weekly polls, engage the community, take fan submissions for team logos etc.

Sounds like homework.

>take fan submissions for team logos etc.
this is our chance bros