>2017
>Doesn't smoke cigarettes

Are you bullied, mentally handicapped or both?

>b-but it kills you

And? Was life a contest about who lives the longest?

>it's addicting!!!

It's not, as long as you're not under-aged and you can smoke in moderation

>it's....IT'S EXPENSIVE!!!

Who forces you to buy a pack every day, fucking peat-gavel

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1vDQeZquKwQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

nice subject

so what's the upside? literally nothing. waste of money

I would assume the nicotine hit would qualify.

You can achieve the same desired effect much safer, cheaper and healthier.

>nicotine hit
wow, its fucking nothing

That's fine. There may be better options, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

that only works as long as you smoke very infrequently, if you do it regularly you need nicotine just to get to the default mental state. same with coffee, but at least coffee is delicious

A cigarette is relaxing and once you start smoking proper you crave it

Yes but any rational person who isn't addicted would weigh the enormous list of downsides and health risks versus "well... it uh feels kinda good I guess sometimes" and would decide it's not worth it.

it's not that worthwhile

and even less so when you're smoking regularly just to scratch the itch

So what? Germany said if we make a Pros and Cons list there is "literally nothing" in the pros list. Just because I have said that there may be something in the pros list doesn't mean I am arguing that it's not suddenly the correct choice. Do you understand?

The fact is, if smoking cigarettes are really a bad deal, we don't need to lie or be dishonest claiming there are zero pros. We can be honest and still show it's a bad idea.

I smoke a pipe, it lasts a lot longer, is slower and more meditative

1. You spend money on that shit
2. You body odor along with your breath become shit

Those are two factors that prevent me from smoking aside from those you already pointed out. Cheers.

BETA MALES

t. Malboro executive.

I was (very minorly) bullied and have anxiety. I was always a good kid too, never got into any kind of trouble, had a few friends, most of whom thought smoking was stupid (outside of my juggalo friends who were more low class and more susceptible to smoking and other drugs honestly). In the USA its a major class divide with poor people being far more likely to smoke (not that I hate them for it).

I remember my first boyfriend, who I was head over heels for, said "smoking is stupid, you don't even get high". I already didn't like breaking the rules unless I was 100% sure I would be a nerd if I didn't, and I jumped on that excuse. By the time I hit 18 and was legally able to smoke, I just didn't care either way anymore. And that holds to this day. I LOVE the smell of fresh hot cigarette smoke (reminds me of my older family members and my trashier friends), but can never be bothered. And it killed my grandma and (to a lesser extent) an extremely dear aunt, and its killing a dear uncle.

He used it as a slight hyperbole because "it feels kinda good" isn't really a benefit.

fuck off you fucking bent twat

do you own stock in big tobacco?

there's nothing wrong with being gay man

vocaroo.com/i/s1vDQeZquKwQ

Wow the old cyberbully manuver...too bad I'm older now and have a thicker skin. Nice try!

hang yourselves

>"it feels kinda good" isn't really a benefit.
Is this also a "hyperbole?" Is pretending that nicotine's only benefit is that it "feels kinda good" honest? No.

Nicotine has multiple effects, some of which people might be more interested in, like appetite suppression, improved alertness and improved fine motor skills, among others.

I know some of us are so scared to admit that there are any positive effects of nicotine because that will mean we'll have to consider it reasonable or good for some people to smoke. But sorry, that doesn't logically follow. We can still be fully convinced that it's going to be, on the whole, harmful for pretty much everyone. And that even if you want nicotine there are better choices than cigarettes.

Having an emotional block that prevents you from seeing any positive aspects to something that is bad is not a good thing.

Point is that these effects are easily achievable for cheaper, and don't require literally intaking tons of chemicals and smoke into the lungs.

It's as logical as smoking meth because "it helps me complete my homework faster bro!".

>Nicotine has multiple effects
You can intake nicotine without smoking. So it's literally a non point.

>Appetite suppression
Take ephedrine

>improved alertness
Take caffeine

>improved fine motor skills
Idk take something after googling

Theres no reason to breath dangerous chemicals and tar for these effects.

Again, all you're doing is showing off what a big mental block you have.

Yes, there are better options for some of these things. That's why it should be easy for you to admit that cigarettes have these benefits but at the same time suggest that no one use them.

Stop trying to be so emotional about this.

It's obsolete for any positive benefits is my point. Obviously everything has one or more benefits but weighed against other things it makes zero sense to use.

By your logic we should prescribe meth to help overweight women cut down their waist size.

>By your logic we should prescribe meth to help overweight women cut down their waist size.
Once again, you're being completely emotional and crazy. Nothing I've ever said has suggested anyone use any of these substances. I've only said we can be honest about the exact pros and cons of these things. If we're not willing to asses the pros and cons of things in a fully honest and frank way than we can never be fully sure if our assessments are correct.

The fact that you would even say that shows you're not willing to follow the conversation and what I've posted. You need to drop your overemotional attitude and just read it again.

haha funny epig binland memez xD

Fuck you REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>And? Was life a contest about who lives the longest?
No, but I doubt anyone would want to go out with lung cancer. Also the smell is fucking awful.

What brand do you smoke Sup Forums? I'm a Belmont guy myself.

you don't quite know how bad smoke smells on clothes as a smoker until you've quit smoking.

from someone who used to smoke, we stank like a motherfucker especially if it has rained.