Why do continental Europeans take brexit so personally?

Why do continental Europeans take brexit so personally?

I love West and northern Europe, love visiting there and I would call myself a proud European (after British of course)

I just don't like this biased political union and I don't think we should end up being part of the same nation as Romania

Is this too much to ask for? We're an island and will always be a special snowflake but that doesn't mean we can't still be friends.

Was soll das denn heißen, Nigel?

idk

No, its perfectly reasonable and thanks for contributing for the collapsing of this fascist dictatorship, best ally.

BREXIT WILL FAAAAIIIILLL

I literally don't care about it.

t. completely indifferent user

You don't have to hit enter twice on Sup Forums.

Why are brits so obsessed how continental Europe views them?

I agree.
Death to the EU, SD 2018 marks our first step.

>and I don't think we should end up being part of the same nation as Romania
Mainly this tho

>Let me tell you about your cunt

Why do brits act so autistically smug to the EU? You aren't in a position of power with them and you aren't better than them. You need them MUCH more than they need you and being a smug cunt on Sup Forums isn't going to prevent your economy from being raped.

That's exactly what you did with the OP you fucking retard.

Alright nerd don't pop a blood vessel

>You aren't in a position of power with them
Yes we are because we pay in much more to the EU than we receive so they will have a huge hole in their finances when we leave, especially since they have decided to import half of africa and the middle east in their countries
>yanks

ERST DEM ANGLO SEINE HOOD UND DANN DAS GESAMTE EMPIRE

Has something to do with you being absolute cunts about it.
No hard feelings from my side but that's how I see it

t. obama*

>Muh club of equal nations is totally not a German led mafia that will punish you when you quit
OK then. If you want to know why we consider ourselves different (note, not better than) the rest of Europe pick up a fucking history book.

The rest of your post is just CNN talking point tier memes. Do you think the proud Engli-- I mean American men, that fought the crown in 1776 would have taken this attitude? Do you think for one second the American public (rural and suburban flavour, not city"""folk""") would accept the bullshit the EU puts on so-called sovereign nations?

This IS ENGLAND.

We don't care actually. Literally didn't read an article about brexit in the french press this year.
But I know that british press love to act like the whole continent is crying.

Being absolute cunts about what?

Being democratic?
Realising that paying into your shitty club that erodes our living standards and culture isn't a beneficial thing for us?

Genuinely curious

nobody gives a shit m8

This.
Our news love to talk about it tho.
Normies don't seem to give a fuck

About pretending that the rest of the continent forced you to come into the EU and try to prevent you for leaving.

About not assuming your choices.

>british press love to act like the whole continent is crying.
Crying?I thought that everyone was really happy about the EU finally being rid of Britain's autism.Now further work towards more integration can begin.

EU army here we come!

>You need them MUCH more than they need you
we import more from the EU than we export from them, simple really

The fact that you insult everyone who disagrees with you or you treat it like some grand war victory while being unecessarily smug about it for example

Alright but this is really a false argument.

What proportions of EU exports are toward uk?
What proportions of UK exports are toward EU?

It's not just the same size. You cannot seriously say that a 60 million people economy will be less impacted than a 500 million people economy by something like this.

>export from them

you fucking retard, the avarage chav

this

Seriously everybody in Europe is alright to let you leave. It was not necessary to act like you were breaking chains or something.

Really if some people were preventing you from leaving it was your own leaders, so why insulting Europe the way you do?

we have the commonwealth to fall back on, of which our trade and relations with became restricted under EU rule
I've had a few beers leave me alone
you know what I meant

I dunno. Do they?

We came to the EU with a begging bowl as the sick man of Europe. We leave from a position of relative (((economic strength))) but it's as a joke really.. Only on paper, and only because we are the financial capital of the world, have the best legal system in the world, and speak English. Our manufacturing, ship building, heavy industry etc are shot to shit. And the few jobs that we do have go to "Europeans" (not that many French or Germans desu) who will accept unacceptable wages and working conditions.

There are 3.5 EU citizens living in the UK for every 1 UK citizen living in the rest of the entire EU. Remind me again how Freedom of Movement is good for us?

People also keep going on about how Nissan will move to Europe.. Well, BMW are going to have to put jobs here, too, or get fucked by tariffs.

S.M.H that you voted in the literal Rothschild banker vs MLP.

>About not assuming your choices.
Literally no idea what this meant by this

I've not insulted anyone and hold no hatred towards Europe.

>grand war victory
>unnecessaily smug
see and pick up a history book. No shit we feel like that. Same reason you are cucked beyond all belief. But if you walked for even a few feet in our boots you would be able to see why. The EU is seriously, seriously bad for Britain.

Can you please give examples of me, or anybody else that you've seen insulting Europe? The EU is not Europe ffs.

So you really believe that EU will be more impacted than Britain by brexit and that you will magically replace the trading relationships you had with countries like Germany, France, Spain, Italy with trading relationships with Australia, Fidji and some other islands?

God the delusion level is insane... You need seriously a reality check in the UK.

Why are relationships between European countries so intricate and manyfold? Sometimes they fight each other like they are old foes but other times they get along well as if nothing happened. As Korea has had scarce historical relationships with other nations, I'm pretty impressed by their multifold historical relationships.

>drinking before workday

top welfare leech, yea fall back on the paki cock

Not a single argument. I find it curious how every time you try to have a discussion with a bong they just insult you. It seems like you're all allergic to making any arguments ever. You've never made an argument before and I know you'll just reply to me (or wont reply, and post a smug reaction directly below this post, seems to be a favorite of the brits) with more insults.

>>About not assuming your choices.
>Literally no idea what this meant by this

It's all about acting like all your problems is our fault. Nobody give a damn if you're in or out... can't you see it? It's your wn fault if you're in the EU and have problems because of it.

>Can you please give examples of me, or anybody else that you've seen insulting Europe? The EU is not Europe ffs.
I read british press. I see french/german hating brexit related articles everyday. And it seems a large proportion of brits agree with all that non sense.

Different poster, but he certainly hasn't said that.

Both the UK and EU will, at the worst will maintain a purely trade relationship.

have to be at my desk in exactly 8 hours pal
drinking to soothe the pain of the looming week of wageslavery

We trade with Denmark, Belgium, Northern France, Netherlands and (mainly) Ireland.

>ayo hol up ma niggas, so you be sayin that these countries that are net contributors and have euroskeptic movements themselves will deliberately make themselves poorer in order to gib more gibs and take in more 2nd world immigrants?
Yes, we are the ones not grounded in reality. And Australian, Canadian, Kiwi and American culture are totalllllllly different to English culture and not at all an extension thereof. We totallllly have more in common with the continent.

excellent troll post

t. cucк

I gave you an argument in it's purest form without the exaggerated larping
>imports>exports
I don't need to say anything more

Hello, Ivan. Enjoying your vacation so far?

>It's all about acting like all your problems is our fault. Nobody give a damn if you're in or out... can't you see it? It's your wn fault if you're in the EU and have problems because of it.

Different poster again, but the issue those in the UK have, (from my own understanding) is that people think that the EU prevents from these issues from being fixed which is true one way or another.

>muh ancestors were imperialist kangz n shiet, that clearly justifies me being a smug cunt
Cringe

Also every time brits talk about brexit with me they end up bathing in ww2 nostalgia and tell me how much we and other "Continental cucks" suck. Also a lot of other words I don't even want to list now.
Doesn't matter if it's "ironic lol".
You guys never realize when you cross the line.

I don't understand what you're saying sorry. It seems you make assumptions on what I am thinking and it's far fetched.

So I'll stop this crazy debate.

meant for

And? The EU is much more capable of dealing with the hole left by you leaving than you are capable of handling the hole left by new tariffs with the EU.

So we left? We don't give a damn either apparently. We won't have anybody (muh brussels boogeyman) to blame for our own shortcomings now. Hopefully it'll be the wake up call we need.

You see what the EU CTR/shariablue equivalent want you to see. Here, Reddit and fake news media are all compromised. Idk if you remember the Polish guy that got punched and died a week or so after Brexit?

Basically it was made out to be a hate crime against Europeans.. In reality what had happened is some drunk polish streetdrinker was being racist to a Nu-Englishman and got punched.

I'm not taking a side in that story, just pointing out how narratives are spun.

Proper pic delivered

>that people think that the EU prevents from these issues from being fixed which is true one way or another

Well everyone in the EU needs to make concessions. We cannot make a perfect EU for UK and forget other countries interest. You guys somehow are convinced that people in the EU are hating UK and doing laws to piss you off on purpose. The truth is that you just see only your own little interests.
That's why I think it's better for UK to leave.

What I'm pissed off about is the general attitude of the brits. In the end I don't care that much but definitely I have less respect for the UK than I had before this whole craziness.

IDK why people are fussing over UK leaving the EU.
GB was always more of it's own thing anyway being in a commonwealth in another common wealth just sounds silly.

>We're an island and will always be a special snowflake but that doesn't mean we can't still be friends
Sure, Sir.

good lad
it's still too early to say how brexit will go but a british-russian alliance is in the realm of possibilities

Trust me here we don't really understand either what the fuzz is all about.
The negotiations with the UK are barely covered in the media, and nobody talks about it.

>a british-russian alliance is in the realm of possibilities
lol

No you'll be US lapdog as always.

its usually british monkeys making threads here "U MAD? XD WE JUST STABBED OURSELF IN THE BALLS TO SPITE YOU :D"

nobody cares

Cringing at you not being able to distinguish between

>I think x
>x is the common opinion

I'm not the flag waving moron you think I am. Feel free to counter any of the actual points I've raised instead of throwing strawmans though.
And btw there's nothing ironic about it at all.
It's about as ironic as 90% of Germans aged 40+ treating me like shit because I'm English (irl.. not on an anime forum)

You have to understand that is the general redneck-tier opinion and understanding here.

And I'm not proud of colonisation, but I'd rather envoke some Imperialist sentiment than see my people (British people, British culture) get diluted and eroded because "lol Canada has always been multicultural XD weren't the English such raycissts?!"

As far as Brexit goes:

>The CAP (most of the budget) is Frances deal
>Artificial currency manipulation boosting manufacturing is Germanys deal

Meanwhile you laugh at Brits for their gibs, when we gave most of our rebate (which was legitimate based on VAT contributions vs CAP) back up under Tony Blair and get steamrolled at any given opportunity.

Flip your last two sentences around and read them back to yourself.

When a burger is making you look bad, you know there is something seriously wrong about your country

I'm from Bulgaria. And I can tell you for sure nor EUfags nor russanfags are good for the future of Bulgaria.

Of course, but the British public do not support their government being subservient to another. This is why we had to leave.

>The truth is that you just see only your own little interests.

Now come my friend, let us not pretend that any country does not seek to further its own interests. France loves the EU for its common agricultural policy etc, not long ago Macron suggested the EU having one finance ministry, however the Germans (behind closed doors) shot the idea down because they do not wish for German taxpayers to become liable for French debt.

cringe

>let us not pretend that any country does not seek to further its own interests.

Where did I say that?

I feel like talking to a wall.

I always seem to find Brits complaining more about leaving than other Europeansd.
Like their leftists cry and bitch about it non-stop day and night but I have not seen many Euros even really care.

>w-we don't care seriously p-please believe me
listen to yourselves lmao
absolutely S E E T H I N G

I highlighted it in that very same post.

That's a fair point. Their is a desire from those people to see Britain fail simply so they can turn around and say "I told you so".

its another anglos betraying everyone episode

No you interpret my posts the way you want. Can't really debate that way, it is bound to last hours and serves nothing.

I was saying you were the only country in the EU not accepting the fact that EU was not all about YOUR interests.

Do you think our loyalty is to Junker, Merkel and co., or to our people?

Also ESA gibs.
French actually have a rocket programme.

(Which reminded me, on a semi-unrelated note: Nuclear)

20th century is over, nobody cares about your foggy pakistan nigel, wake up

Nope,when eu was formed its main goal was to keep war out of europe,and if it collapses as it seems,civil wars will erupt in poorer countries.And if you decide to leave it is autistic to beg for extra terms.

It's pretty ridiculous. I'm not gonna say GB is invincible but it's one of the most powerful nations on earth, leaving a union would not kill it off.

you're really pathetic lol

Just look at it, all brexit threads are started by brits.

Just look at this thread, perfect example.

Everything you've posted is is simply wrong.

Try again.

if you don't care then why are you ITT? why aren't you in another thread discussing something you care about?
you're both absolutely fuming but refuse to acknowledge it

>if you don't care then why are you ITT? why aren't you in another thread discussing something you care about?
Because you made a thread asking them a question, retard.

>and if it collapses as it seems,civil wars will erupt in poorer countries
Civil war may already be a very real possibility in Spain right now, and they're in the EU, you nutter

because you are lieing and delusional? spreading misinfo? usual english things

only in your pol infested mind

>pol reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Get a grip, you fucking lunatic. Have you even seen what is happening in Catalunya recently?

If they didn't care then they wouldn't bother opening the thread and replying

Brexit is gonna fail because of the incompetence of British people and ruin it for the rest of us.

yea a giant protest from those who want to remain part of spain, and polls suggest if they have an election remainers will get majority

real civil war athmosphere

>about as ironic as 90% of Germans aged 40+ treating me like shit because I'm English (irl.. not on an anime forum)

Oh buhu. Should I tell you how 90% of the brits treat me for being german? Don't even have to be the 40+ brits.

For the rest, in general you are right.
It doesn't seem to make sense for britain to stay.
Also my main problem isn't brexit itself but the way you guys act about it.
Will never understand the british point of view completely .

>and ruin it for the rest of us
But you don't need us apparently, how is our exit going to ruin it for you?

Right, so you've just completely ignored the heavy handed approach?

And try reading the exact words used, instead of the ones you think have been posted.

the EU was originally created in mind of a European Federation as the end goal
I don't want war and wouldn't made a trade union but Britain deserves independance

No, I'm sorry I just don't accept that. I entered this discussion only a few posts ago and I've been cordial with you, even agreeing with your point! You had an idea on why the British left which wasn't exact, so I've tried to help explain to you from my own perspective on why this has happened. I was not arguing pro-leave position.

Now, we have had "lost in translation" issue over the pursuit of self-interest, but to suggest that I'm being deliberately obstinate? Poor form.

It's also ridiculous claim that the UK has not understood concession are necessary to be part of the EU. The issue is that those concessions have been made and now that people are unhappy that of the results of those concessions.

You, my friend, are the one who is the brick wall in this discussion, I won't defend the behavior of my cuntmen, but that's no excuse for you to act like a shit.

>Also my main problem isn't brexit itself but the way you guys act about it.

We all feel the same Hans. But it's near impossible to make a brain washed brit understand that.
He needs to believe everybody is worried about his country leaving the union. Looks like his mental equilibrium could be impacted otherwise.

>british-russian alliance
Let's not kid ourselves, Nigel. You have been a US vassal state since the SUez crisis.

I realise our banter can be a bit.. wearing if you don't understand and aren't used to it. (Probably wearing even if you can and are.) But that is all it is, I promise you. Literally nobody hates Germany in England any more, even chavs. Our parents generation was different though.

You're gonna fuck up and people are gonna wanna stay in the EU because you set a bad example.

things can change, and fast
i'm not saying it will happen or i want it to happen but it's a possible scenario

Exactly. I'm not even pro EU. But brits are managing their exit so badly that it is next to impossible not to criticize them.

You still haven't given a single example apart from "Brit press" (and Sup Forums posters I'm guessing)
Protip: if you're not culturally British you can't distinguish between what's banter and what's not

The salt really does seem to be coming mostly from remainers and mainlanders from where Im standing.

Delet

>things can change
How exactly?

Oh right, so you're angry that this may dissuade Sweden from exiting?

The blame the EU. We're not motivated to discouraging other EU nations from leaving the EU, but the EU themselves are. They've prevented it before by disregarding referendum results, they're powerless to do so with GB.

if you see what I said in OP, I don't care if you leave nor do I want the EU to crumble
but it's not for us

>it's a possible scenario
no
It just shows your ignorance of today's geopolitics