Sup Forums I don't browse this board at all but can we talk about this PIECE OF FUCKING SHIT?!

Sup Forums I don't browse this board at all but can we talk about this PIECE OF FUCKING SHIT?!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rVN1B-tUpgs
youtube.com/watch?v=G8U21reHexg&t=49s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'd rather not, I mean, why?

It's a 3/10 like La La Land.

Edgy

thought it was pretty ok, except the ending. Seems like WOOOOH TIMEY WIMEY STUFF is gonna be the conclusion of all future sci-fi movies.

Only idiots don't like this film desu.
youtube.com/watch?v=rVN1B-tUpgs

Was talking to a Chinese kid in my astronomy lab about this movie. We agreed the movie was shit, Found it hilarious that the kid said her mandarin sounded like shit. 3/10, and im geing genrous

Shadows go "AUHHUAUHAHUAHUhonk"
End.
9.7/10 - Hollywood website

youtube.com/watch?v=G8U21reHexg&t=49s
does no1 else think the alien sound is completely ripped from War of the Worlds?

Not being edge. I'm glad having good taste upsets some plebs like you though.

It's one of the most emotionally impactful sci-fi films. I liked it a lot.

I wanted to watch this tonight but I learned that Amazon prime dosent let
you watch Amazon video on it. Fucking bullshit man, I would have to
connect my PC to my TV like a complete animal. Why the hell don't you
let me watch my movies Amazon?

>genrous

>my opinion is objective

Like interstellar, movie made for stupid people to impress them, because genuinely intelligent movies only confuse them.

Best film of 2016, eat shit pleb

it was good but the ending ruined it for me

>I don't browse this board at all

kys

>La La Land or Arrival are good
Might as well end it now brainlet redditor

The short story is a masterpiece compared to this piece of shit.

Arrival was basically Interstellar but not a piece of shit

Arrival was about time being nonlinear, I'm not sure why everyone hates the ending. The only problem with it was how language was the thing that did it. At least they didn't have the retardation in Interstellar.

Ending was shit. Ruined the whole movie. Pseudo intellectual reddit tier garbage

Another one of those high-IQ films that I'll never understand. I should've paid more attention in school.

>Arrival was basically Interstellar but not a piece of shit

Yeah.

I don't hate Moonlight, but this was the more worthy kino.

Black ink squirting elephants is all I got from it.

the endings a load of shit because of how she uses her time non-linearity powers for world peace but dooms her daughter to a short pointless life.

All these filthy surface level peak-end rule driven casuals in this thread lmao

>everything good but the ending
The whole film was about that. The ayylmao's and the science are just the setting in Arrival where the actual story takes place in, the story of Amy Adams character relationship with her daughter and life/death in general.
It is by no means a "hard sci fi" movie about aliens.

The opening and the ending sequences are about that
All the major scenes are intercut with that.
And even when it's in the present narrative it's eithet a heavy close up of Amy Adams for half the movie or a camera placement of her characters point of view.

The ayylmaos and the science were only plot devices for the actual narrative of the mother-daughter relationship.

What was she supposed to do? Cure AIDS?

Amy Adams can't emote or act. Lifeless direction for a first contact film.

Yes

Fucking normies and their pretentious shit taste. I bet you quote Einstein to sound smart without actually fucking knowing what you're talking about.

Her daughter was going to die and there's nothing she could do because it had already happened. If she never had the kid she would never had seen the fucking forward flashes.
Jesus you completely missed the point of the movie

The purse girl from the office is a bitch

>I didn't get the movie
>This person talking about the movie must be trying to sound smart

>Just keeps saying that it's dumb for 4 minutes without actually explaining why it was
>Barely mentions cinematography, sound design, acting, etc. etc.
If a movie reviewer only talks about the script they're not actually a movie reviewer, they're a script reviewer.

Oh, also
>But, at the same fucking time, it's a movie being told in a linear fashion, so it just comes off as bullshit...
This is just wrong, he even acknowledges that the film is clearly not linear.
What a fucking idiot.

What's there to get? The movie was simpleminded trash pretending to be intelligent. It's fucking interstellar all over again.

>a movie is not "le deep" enough so it's shit

Not him but this is the same defenze nolan fags use when people tell them their exposition movie is shit. Arrival is shit. Its cliche and hamfisted and even more of a shitfest than nolan films.

I just watched it. It was decent. Bonus points for doing something that wasn't generic Hollywood crap.

The only thing you can shit on Arrival is some parts of the narrative and the underused Renner and Whitaker characters, every other filmmaking element is executed perfectly.

>hamfisted political ending about world peace
>not generic Hollywood crap

It's the worst villeneuve movie so far. And I mean it, I've watched every movie he made. Arrival is his worst.

i haven't seen either of those nor have i implied that either was good
and both had nothing to do with what i said, but you conceitedly called me buzzwords instead because you didn't understand

You're simpleminded trash pretending to be intelligent.
The movie is about time being nonlinear.

Interstellar did that but with a bunch of annoying characters, some shit about the "5th dimension," some retarded rectangle robot (literally the worst robot design of all time), and some bullshit about the power of love.

Arrival skipped over all of that and just made a movie about time. The soundtrack was fantastic and I really liked Amy Adams. Overall it was alright, I don't see any real arguments for it being bad.

>The movie is about time being nonlinear.

toyme issa flayt shircal

This.

Interstellar - (bunch of retarded dramatic seeming bullshit that impresses plebs) = Arrival

This is one reddit ass post.

Arrival is about a mother-daughter relationship, time is only one theme among them all.

And Interstellar had one of the best most innovative robot designs in recent years.

>And Interstellar had one of the best most innovative robot designs in recent years.

>a fucking KitKat

You whine all you want, but Arrival had one of the best executed first contact scenes in cinema history.

It was a true experience to see it in cinema.

I saw it in theaters while high
Of course I saw it again after but that contact scene ended my life

Most overrated movie in recent times, you only need to stop and think for 2 minutes to see what a piece of shit it really is

>One of the best
What were the others?
The only other good ones I can really remember are 2001 and Alien, and even those don't really count

OMFG, time is told in a nonlinear way. SOOO IMPRESSED.

Only fucking mouthbreathers enjoyed this piece of shit movie.

comes to mind

mandarin sounds like shit in general

No lmao
See
You have shit taste. AMY adams was fucking horrible and the direction too

Didn't love win the day in interstellar though??

I'd rather language than love as a solution to conflict, language barriers is real my nigga, love ain't real all these hoes is hoes

Go back to watching cartoons you are cancer

Amy Adams was shit you have shit taste in everything.

>What were the others?
>The only other good ones I can really remember and even those don't really count

it's like you're not even trying anymore

it's a metaphor for the white race sacrificing it's own posterity in an attempt to save the world, by completing our generational plan to transfigure ourselves into christ, who saved the world by sacrificing himself.

what's dissapointing is that this piece of shit director is going to do blade runner after doing a fucking sci-fi movie solely through cheap aftereffects backdrop.

Well in 2001 they don't ever actually meet the aliens- Bowman just trips out in space before they reach Saturn iirc
And in Alien, while they do explore the ruins, they never see the creators of the Alien, just what would be the equivalent of coming from space and meeting only dogs on Earth.
Of course, there was Prometheus, but I don't consider that to be good at all

Interstellar wasn't pretending to be anything other than exactly what it was, one man's personal statement of beliefs presented in a visually striking manner, it was redditors and Sup Forumsposters who went in with rigid expectations who were disappointed. Nolan literally said all over the press junket that his primary influences were Lucas and Spielberg, nothing academic or fancy. It's far from being his best movie but you can't blame Nolan for going in expecting Solaris when he was trying to make Raiders Of The Lost Ark In Space.

retard

Am I missing something here?
What?

too much of the movie was looking at shitty cgi floaty ink circles

Not enough explosions and gunfire for your capeshitting ass?

Amy Adams should've wrestled the aliens 1 on 1. Put them in the death process by melee combat.

If Hawkman could see his future with Lois then why didn't he see that he had a cancer daughter?

What was different you piece of shit?

She saw everything and still decided to do it.

The movie should have shown the Russian And Chinman side trying to nuke the arrivals

OH MAN GUYZ DID YOU SEE THAT OPENING SHOT OF THE FIELD WITH THE FOG COMING OVER THE MOUNTAINS AND SHIT

Why? The whole idea of Russia or China bombing them was retarded.

If anything it should've been America. You know, the country which has the longest track record of fucking shit up.

not as cancer as shoving your retarded opnion down anons throats

This movie reminded me of Contact

Save your time. This movie is shit

Except without the bloat and cringe.

Nice opinion, did you fart it out of your ass or is there an explanation?