I am very disappointed by the acting in this film. Sad

I am very disappointed by the acting in this film. Sad.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pCKwtUXyU1k&t=2s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Mr Garfield was carry in Hacksaw, but he couldn't carry Silence.

I was actually impressed by Garfield. I've seen him give terrible performances but I thought he really understood this character.

Agreed, Garfield was great in this. I'll always wonder what could have been if that original Bernal/Del Toro/DDL cast had stood. I think it would have been remarkable

I was glad Liam didn't phone it in. Overall acting was decent, dunno what you're on about user. Movie is gonna stick with me, was worth the 2:40 or w/e it was.

I wish i could understand your impressions but Garfield was horribly unconvincing.

The part where Garfield hears God made me cry.

I wasn't disappointed because I knew the acting would be shit. Garfield and Driver suck.

Acting was decent, but the accent was terrible by Garfield.
The half portuguese accent went on and off, especially in the first act.

I don't understand why didn't Scorsese go completely authentic with the language, this seemed like he half-assed it

Please elaborate why do you think Adam Driver sucks, list a single bad performance from him.

Well Father Rodrigues was a guy who had a lot of pride in his faith and thought he had strong will land convictions but you can see that his courage and faith is far from genuine. Garfield really let that shine through in his performance.

Don't even bother discussing this masterpiece with people who constantly tell everyone they are atheists and love all marty Scorcesse movies.

why? what do they do?

Leonardo dicaprio as garfields role would have been worde

Holy shit. I loved the movie, but if it had been that cast the movie could have been something else entirely.

leo is getting boring as fuck. Who wants to see a guy get fucked up by a bear for 2 hours?

Yeah I feel the exact same way. It was great, but there's no way that original cast wouldn't have been better.

When was the last time Scorsese got good acting out of someone? Haven't seen many of his movies, but the best I've seen is taxi driver, both in terms of performances and the movie as a whole.

This.

youtube.com/watch?v=pCKwtUXyU1k&t=2s
as someone who didn't even really like the movie, the acting was one of the uniformly good things. what chu talkin bout op

I meant to type worse

He was pretty bad in this, his only good scene was on the beach from a distance.

This is the worst silent film I've ever seen. Martin Scorcese needs to go back to film school.

Yeah, I found him believable. It's not the most demonstrative role, but certain scenes just shocked me, like the shot where he's riding on a donkey -- it looks like Christ's return to Jerusalem, but it's in a completely different context and it really shook my imagination.

Shutter Ice Land

Guy who played the Japanese gouverneur was brilliant.

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

>They finally make a movie about Portuguese history
>Pick a boring ass faith quest from some weeaboo cunts

Should've picked one of the interesting parts. Where's Mel Gibson when you need him?

The acting was fine, but I still just didn't give a SHIIIIIIIIIIIT about anything going on. There were no stakes for me, because the entire time in my head I was just going "JUST PUT YOUR FUCKIN FOOT ON THE THING SO WE CAN ALL GO HOME"

Making shit war flicks.

>tfw no movie about the Padeira de Aljubarrota

You sound like a really discerning individual