When are we ever going to get the next big epic ancient civilization movie?

When are we ever going to get the next big epic ancient civilization movie?

There's so much to tell, so much unexplored, so many stories and history to be seen yet we get more and more cookie cutter capeshit.

Recommend me some good epics.

We need good directors, producers, writers, composers, etc. All the famous ones are getting old and nobody seems to be replacing them.

I cry at the end of Gladiator, every damn time.

Is this gay.

No. Gladiator is a movie women and gays will never understand.

You cry because you do.

Mankino

Troy underrated.

Troy is absolute shit

>tfw no movie about Horatius

We're gonna have to go through some dark times before a new wave of creators come in to save studio asses.

Kingdom of Heaven DC is best kino, in before hurr durr Orlando Bloom sucks, that's the whole point of the fucking movie, he sucks, his dad didn't care about him for 30 years, his town hates him, his wife killed herself because she couldn't stand being around him, he's a low born piece of shit and then once everyone else is dead or captured he has to deal with shit because there is no one else. Or something, I don't know, anyway fuck you it's great.

Troy has such potential, great actors, great designs, but the script is such garbage between shrinking the whole war to 3 days and then beating us over the head every 10 minutes with "we're gonna be so famous in the most famous story ever told" dialogue that is constantly breaking the fourth wall.

lol

Are you trigger that Brad Pitt plays a blonde hero?

Are Kingdom of Heaven, Gladiator, and Braveheart basically a trilogy in spirit?

>Are you trigger

>tfw gay and love gladiator
what am I doing wrong here?

The Byzantine Empire. In particular
>Under the rule of Justinian I
>Under the rule of Empress Theodora
>The war with Bulgaria
>Vikings/Varangians first encoounter (basically Vikings v. Romans)
>Reconquistas under Pho(k)cas and John II Komenos
>Latin Empire stage
>The fall of Constantinople (would never get made because RAPEFUGEES WELCOME DURRR) or the legend of the Marble Emperor (would be a fantastic Indiana Jones movie TBQH)

>somebody gets killed in battle
>nobody scrambles in to steal his armour and horses and run away to safety

unfaithful, hollywood crap

It's going to be a we wuz kangz film

mark my words

Rather see Heraclius Tbh

>There's so much to tell, so much unexplored, so many stories and history to be seen yet we get more and more cookie cutter capeshit.
You would think it would be easier to do historical stories since there are thousands of years to pull from and you don't need to pay anyone to use them. As opposed to scraping the bottom of the comic book barrel for total garbage anyway.

Wasn't Vin Diesel working on a movie about Hannibal's war with Rome? What happened with that?

>Implying you wouldn't want to see the use of Greek Fire

Can we talk about the market?

i think the poster who made the we was kingz joke is the most wise in the thread

it's the only movie that would do well -- aren't black people going to the movies in record numbers ?

RIGHT!??!?!!? Like there are thousands of fascinating historical stories. I've read hundreds of amazing historical accounts on wikipedia that could all be made into movies. The fucking script is already written! You just need a good director to put it together.

>new historical movie
>it's another ww2 flick

Anyone else just sick of it?

all the great ancient civilization stories take place during, just before, or just after their fall.

So it should be obvious why there haven't been many ancient civilization movies recently.

There won't be one without having the main character be a black Roman or whatever.

>poster who made the we was kingz joke

Wasn't no joke, peckerwood. We blackin yo hist'ry now. What chu gon' do, cracka?