Absolute kino

absolute kino

Fucking yes. Just arrived from the cinema and I'm glad I had my expectations high.
It was a brilliant work of art. The cinematography was pure kino. Fuck you Sup Forums for being so contrarian.

Great cinematography but weak story telling and I think you almost have to have seen the original film to understand some plot elements. They totally fucking flew through that sub plot about the truck drivers being brainwashed for instance.

Also I pretty much only saw the live action movie to see that one chase scene and they cut 90% of it out. Also cutting out Batou at the end saving the Major from the Spider Tank was a slap in the face.

But it did have motherfucking Takeshi Kitano executing people with a revolver, so yeah.

This movie had so many great moments that makes me wanna watch it again

I'm watching it right now

Hopefully u pay to see it. Seriously I want a sequel and it needs a good box office.

Hope we get an unrated cut on blu ray

It was pretty bad. The visuals of the city were the only good part.

>Metacritic Summary
>In the near future, Major (Scarlett Johansson) is the first of her kind: A human saved from a terrible crash, who is cyber-enhanced to be a perfect soldier devoted to stopping the world's most dangerous criminals. When terrorism reaches a new level that includes the ability to hack into people's minds and control them, Major is uniquely qualified to stop it. As she prepares to face a new enemy, Major discovers that she has been lied to: her life was not saved, it was stolen. She will stop at nothing to recover her past, find out who did this to her and stop them before they do it to others.

What the fuck Metacritic, that's more than half the goddamn movie.

Yes but screener when

+1 would love an extended cut

the long shots of the city got kind of annoying though. Look at our neon city! Look at our giant billboards! holograms! the nitty gritty up close was good though.

>ywn have a beer and chill out with Batou
:(

Very good movie. Had some absolute amazing shots aside from the CGI. They got the look right.

Autism kept taking over on what I would have wanted more but I'm very happy with it, and will watch it again. Dialog was clunky, could have used a slower pacing, which I think they wanted but cut to save time. Tachikomas when?

So are cyborgs like Bender from Futurama? When Batou offered a beer to Major it made me think

The film looked beautiful and was well-made.

The story was awful though.

personal choices. she was in emo mode and in no mood for a beer

they had the tools but they fucked up the story beyond belief

Would be a good movie if it wasn't tied to GitS. But it is tied to GitS so it's bad because it can never live up to people's expectations.

I'm glad it's getting shit on. If Hollywood wasn't such a conglomeration of greedy fucks who need to latch on to pre-existing names in a desperate attempt for every penny they could get the movie wouldn't be in the shit (no one would bitch about the lead being white, no one would be disappointed by a story that is dumbed down from its predecessor). So fuck them. Let them get bit in the ass as many times as it takes.

one of my friends was like GHOST IN THE SHELL OPENS THE DOOR FOR ALL THESE OTHER ANIMES TO GET MOVIE REMAKES

all I could think of was please god no

I went in knowing next to nothing about the franchise. I didn't even know why it was called "Ghost in the Shell".

That didn't stop me from realizing I was watching a poorly written, edited, paced and shot film. It was just terrible filmmaking all around. Wooden acting too, but it's hard to blame that on the actors with the script as retaded as it was.

I wonder how retarded Scar and the Mother felt shooting those scenes, assuming there wasn't a whole lot of footage cut. Probably as retarded as I felt watching it.

It was pretty decent. I'm a big fan of the original, so I expected to hate it, but I was pleasantly surprised. They basically took the original, threw it in a blender, and frankenstein'd it back together. It was so different that I couldn't even really complain. It was its own story, hardly even the same movie.

I'll put it this way: they had something like seven or eight scriptwriters since the project began.

Makes it less kino. Story is a fucking mess, or they did it on purpose to touch on every medium of GiTS, which takes on different perspectives

Ending ultimately bothered me. Aramaki fired a dozen bullets from his revolver.

And instead of arresting the Hanka CEO Major/Aramaki just shoots him? S9 was extremely political throughout the entire series so it felt like they went tangent on the wrong adversary

also

>neon city
>Heineken ad

LEGEND OF THE OVERFIEND WHEN?

Acting was bad, script was terrible, philosophical aspects were underdeveloped, and the plot and characters felt inconsistent and underdeveloped. Overall the movie made me feel like it thought I was stupid. Guys, did you know the ghost is the mind and the shell is the body?

>happy that GITS is flopping hard
>still want the GUNNM hollywood movie to succeed

I'm conflicted about this

There's still plenty of people saying they were confused

Hollywood can't win no matter what they do

I feel like the movie was good enough. Dialog and villain were the weakest points. It's far from an abomination though.

Well yeah, I think the movie was carried by the visuals alone. They could've made a more cohesive story if they didn't switch to a different villain halfway through it.

for me

pros:
-director exceeded my expectations of him (his only other movie is Snowwhite and the Huntsman, which sucked)
-for a western adaption (hollywood especially) I thought GitS was given a fair amount of respect
-had nice amount of 'worldbuilding' similar to Blade Runner
-most of the cast did well for their roles

cons:
-dialogue was utterly cliche and forgettable
-tacked on 'philosophy' that had as much depth as a video game like Deus Ex: HR would
-the action scenes were a little generic, they didn't have the flow that the animated film gave to it
-the iconic scenes didn't really fit well in live action - the water fight especially, too much use of slomo
-for a cyberpunk Hong Kong it sure did look empty

dude no you do not want gunnm to exit development hell. look what happens to every adaptation once it actually sees the light of day

>He doesn't want a 9/10 live action Kerberos movie

Just saw this, it was trash. It's even worse than the trailers. I cant imagine anyone over 12 liking this move.

I'll pirate the bluray later

>soulless hollywood remake is kino

neck yourself

>implying hollywood would do anything but fuck it up
assuming some one doesn't start yelling how they look like Nazis and have MG42s