Can someone explain whats going on with Turkey?

I realize it's a coup.

Why is this a big deal?

Why should we care?

How does this affect geopolitics?

Just give us the condensed version please. Broad stokes. If you need more than 10 lines of greentext don't bother.

Sorry I'm such a dunce.

Thanks in advance.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incirlik_Air_Base
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Anyone?

A coup in any western country is a happening.
Turkey is basically the only thing stopping millions of refugees from crossing the boarder into europe, but the new government might decide to stop helping

>be erdogan
>let million+ muzzie bastards into europe
>finances ISIS
>hates the west but wants EU membership
>coup happens
>no more erdogan
>key to saving europe and defeating isis

Turkey is actually like 6th or 5th biggest military power. I'm also quite sure USAF has nukes there...

The roaches are swarming, it happens from time to time

It depends who is behind this. If the military had Russian support in this coup, this may very well be World War III. No exaggeration as Turkey is part of the defense alliance, NATO.

Because if turkey can do it, white america can do it.

>why is a military coup a big deal
Gee user I dunno

Basically, if Turkey doesn't stabilize, prepare for mass hordes of migrants. Turkey is the gate keeper and if this creates a power vacuum from civil war? phewwwwwwww

Thanks bros, one question

>Turkey is basically the only thing stopping millions of refugees from crossing the boarder into europe, but the new government might decide to stop helping

>coup happens
>no more erdogan
>key to saving europe and defeating isis

which one of these is correct?

>turkey
>western country

kek

This, is this the next step in the uncucking of europe?

Also:
>suppress PKK (Kurdish rebels inside turkey)
>Actively bomb Kurds in Syria despite them fighting against Assad
>Buy ISIS oil

This could lead to a Kurdistan state. Borders are getting re-drawn in the middle east tonight.

>Why is this a big deal?

Kebab is removing other kebab.

>Why should we care?

Because we hate kebab.

>How does this affect geopolitics?

Less kebab.

Hahahaha
Erdogan is one of the last dictators(wannabe dictator, cause of the coup) and if he loses power europe is fckin done son.
If civil war breaks out, prepare your european butthole

>arab sping
>none of those countries are stable
>ME needs dictators

Turkey is Asian, not European

Depends. There could be a new government by morning. There could be 10 years of civil war. But Turkey is the gatekeeper, so the new power will decide which one it will be.

why would Russia have any part of this?
also im new to world politics so help a bro out

as long as they have costantinople they're considered western country

Turkey is a NATO state, also there are between 50~90 tactical nuclear missiles stationed in Incirlik, which is a NATO military camp somewhere in southern Turkey. Even if they don't have the codes to use them, they'd still have weaponizable nuclear material then.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incirlik_Air_Base
no infos to how much personell is stationed there but yeah, that affects american geopolitics.

So does the US step in?

>Russia captures Turkey
>only nukes the US has that are capable of hitting Russia disabled
>superior Russian Satan 2 nukes start raining down on the US and Israel
gg no re, good end coming soon

>millions more migrants flood europe
>raises tensions between all EU nations when they fight over how to handle the situation
>more EU nations consider exiting
>US and Russia will now both be running secret operations in Turkey trying to subvert the new leadership and install a leader that is loyal to them
>(this may be how the coup started in the first place)
>NATO troops move towards turkey, putin responds by moving more russian troops towards turkey
>NATO and Russia now in a standoff
>one bullet goes off and it's war

the US supports Erdogan
THIS drama is thick

we are literally on the cusp of seeing the world change for better or worse

This is a good question. They are a NATO member, but technically not under attack by another country, so what the fuck happens now?

unfortunately we may. being NATO and whatnot. but only if Russia intervenes. This would lead to a Trump victory because he would want to lessen tensions in the region and work with Putin unlike obama.

It is plain to see what is happening here. They are going to destabilize, and then control Turkey. ISIS is being squeezed in. Then, the real happening happens.

Under rated kek

Germans, Canadians, and almost every US military branch are deployed there now doing various anti ISIS shit

All part of E's plan - he's behind it

So he can assume direct control of country.

It's another massive power grab

EUROPE IS DONE SONE

So many stupid people posting here.

This is Israeli-Usa backed coup to secure Asia Minor and the illegal oil transfers from middle-east.
This is illegal action and Russia is forced to act since their position in Caucasus is threatened.

Because Erdogan is a cronie of the wealthy elite, and he's fucking shit up in the middle east by supporting isis and the mercinaries.

And now he's gonna die, and that country isnt going to put up with the bullshit anymore

This is a major, epic fucking win for the people.

Now they'll probably go back to trying to start shit in Ukraine.

Possible outcomes
>Coup successful, USA obligated to withdraw from country
>Coup successful, USA damages international legitimacy by ignoring NATO requirements
>Coup successful, military actual restores democracy
>Coup successful, Junta time
>Coup unsuccessful, status quo
>Coup unsuccessful, NATO contains a ruthless dictator, damaging image
>Coup successful, king roach continues to chip away at the Constitution
>Stalemate, Syria 2: Turkish Boogaloo

Meanwhile, Putin rubs his hands and laughs, because there are no real bad outcomes for him. Hell, he probably instigated this.

They've had some kind of coup every 10 years since 1960.

Turkey military makes US troops look like the cock suckers they really are

So what numbers are we talking here? Who has more man power, military guys or government guys?

Turkey isn't just "another raghead country". It's nearly an european country, it has huge army and it is member of NATO.

THREADLY REMINDER M8: The PENTAGON isn't even responding to White House orders
Stupid fuck

thats because turkey is such a pivotal location in the middle east the wealthy elite keep trying to stick a sandy dick in them, and eventually turkey manages to push out the slimy dick again

Let Europe burn! Backwards Islamic continent.

>>Actively bomb Kurds in Syria despite them fighting against Assad
Well meme'd friend ^^

Yeah we've got nukes there. Hope no one finds them.

turkey allows isis to coming you bluepill retard

>only nukes the US has that are capable of hitting Russia disabled

Implying.

Thats a GOOOD thing

Maybe about to happen here too. Would be the mind fuck of the century.

You know how many times the US Mil has told Obomber to fuck himself?

Turkey is an access point from the Black Sea (Russia has access to that) to the Mediterranean (Russia wants access to that)

ok, so let me see if I've got the key points thus far:

1. No matter what ISIS is pretty fucked
2. This COULD allow millions of "refugees" to pour into Europe
2b. Or it could actually continue to keep them out to a certain extent. (Since it's done such a good job of that thus far?)
3. This could also lead to larger conflicts between US and Russia, as unlikely as that seems.

Am I missing anything?

Literally everything you said is wrong

Turkey is middle eastern if anything.

>Coup successful, USA damages international legitimacy by ignoring NATO requirements

NATO is not and never has been obligated to defend against internal unrest. Article 5 applies *strictly* to external attack. Until 2001, it was understood to refer to state actors only but, following the WTC attack and America's pants-pissing, it was extended to include non-state actors, such as al-Qaeda. But what it resolutely does not cover is civil wars internal conflicts or coups.

Fucking moron.

No, it's because Turkey is trying to be a democracy, but Islam and democracy don't work together.
Coup -> elections -> new government -> new government gets increasingly totalitarian until it's nearly a dictatorship -> coup.

Turkey facilitates a genocide every twenty years, theyre due for another

1 - Yes, they're about as fucked as BLM now
2 - Nope, exactly the opposite.
3 - Probably Not because so much Truth will roll out its not even funny.

US might go over and try to stop it. Basically, we'd be on Turkey's government's side against the actual Turkish military.

Not a continent

>sweden's pose

it gets me everytime

europe is fucked
us is forced to enter because lmao nato amirite?
domino effect will bullshit its way to entire world and ww3 is projected to happen before 2020

Happening in many places, across the world. Doesn't make mainstream Euro/American news

>double doggy implying
Fucking nip I'm in America right now, the only nukes we have that can hit Russia are in Turkey.

SPOT ON. This is why moderate Islam is a massive problem. No matter how secular it gets, it always gets dragged back down.

What are the chances of ww3 from this
I have a phobia of nukes

>1b. Kurds, and whatever other terrorist organizations capitalize on the opportunity and create a shitstorm so no one really knows what they fighting for. (see Syria)

continuous expanse of land

Can we settle on Eurasia?

USAF here, Incilrik is the major staging point for the US Armed Forces in the Middle East.

Alot of our cargo runs through there.

meh, you can call on the UK and Frenace to dispatch a few on your behalf if you're very nice.

If a single nuke goes flying they all will and then we're all fucked anyway, so you won't have to worry about it for long user.

Is the Coup against Erdogan or for him?

Turkey is the 2nd biggest military power behind NATO....
If Turkey fails NATO IS FUCKED

>implying the UK or any other country is willing to risk Russia's Satan 2 missiles

.... nigga what?

Against. I have a feeling this is Turkish nationalism and this will be a blow to globalists. Heres hoping

>no scottish flag
>feelsbadman

The difference is that Turkey is supposed to be both a relevant country, and a symbol of secular democracy in the Islamic world.
It's also a distraction from the fact that an Islamic terror attack happened yet again in France yesterday.

Turkey's had coups in 1960, 1971, 1980, 1993, 1997, 2007 and now in 2016. This is a regular occurrence.

So aside from Trump trying to calm relations between Russia and US, how else could this affect the US elections?

Could the case be made that Hils fucked up by pressing the "reset button"?

user, look up the word ICBM.

Islam, unlike Christianity and Judaism, still believe reform is heresy and violently treat it as such. Sure, Jews argue, Protestants still make jokes about Catholics, but we don't have the

>why is this a big deal

Being an ignorant American, its not to you. Just go back to being unaware of the world and focus on tv/pokemon/fapping/etc.

What do you think the point of the space race was?

>Being shitty because I'm trying to understand what's happening instead of pretending I know what I'm talking about like 50% of this board.

Fuck you and the camel you rode in on.

There are plenty of space nukes ready to fall down where ever they want.

the turkish military is traditionally secularist, they are removing the nutjob erdogan that pushed the islamic agenda on the turkish people, was supporting the rebels in Syria and buying oil from ISIS

this means the syrian civil war might finally see a solution with Assad suffocating the rebels and there might be chance of talks with the Kurds

however the new government would likely be less aligned to the West: Erdogan was dealing with the refugees after all and his support of the rebels in syria is totally a western backed move

>Americans are the only ones who are caught up in daily life.

Go back to Canada please.

I don't know, but whatever Obama decides to do I'm sure he's gonna fuck it up.

Do you not know what ICBMs and SLBMs are for you braindead fuckwit? We can throw nukes halfway around the planet with ICBMs easily enough, and our arsenal was mostly designed with attacking Russia in mind in the first place.

With SLBMs all we have to do is get a couple of missile boats close enough, pull the trigger on the nukes, and watch the fireworks.